Thread: Silence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    I've tried to get new players in but their only responses were "lol what clumsy characters" or "too toxic community" ;/
    Ok, this is valuably customer communication. Out there in the real world you'd work with that by

A) advertising Neocron 2.3. Evo as the most RETRO cyberpunk postapokalyptic MMORPGFPS ever (think Fallout 2 online) , and by
    B) banning everyone having an account today and concentrating on new, fresh, motivated gamers.

...maybe start with part A) - really, NC is such a rare gem, a unique game, the last of the "real" MMOs, and it's even more: it's 2 games for the price of one. At first, it's an MMORPG with classes, professions, character development, teamplay, social support, and once you're levelled up that toon of yours, it's an MMOFPS like Planetside, just more way more dark and gothic. And it's free.

You wouldn't steal a lot of customers from the likes of Destiny, but many others. I smell hope, even if you don't.

and B) banning the toxic guys never hurts. (Not me, i'm not toxic. Just a little, maybe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    B) banning everyone having an account today and concentrating on new, fresh, motivated gamers.
    I'm motivated ! Every few years
    Neptune - Purity....

Quote Originally Posted by FarSight View Post
    It's the neocrack. It's potent. Just when you've settled down, got a career and education - hey maybe even a lovely lady by your side! Then suddenly WHAM!

Relapse and possibly a prolapse from sitting on your arse for playing neocrack at weird hours of the morning...or night.

We will never be free.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

It's really not a good idea to press for time scales as that just ruins everything. After all of this time I'd hope people would be able to refrain from asking for something so paradoxically bad.

The wish list idea is at least borne of optimism and is preferable to silence also. As for flame wars or attempts to stoke them... truthfully I thought that was a thing of the past also.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by FarSight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    It's the neocrack. We will never be free.
    that's the spirit.