Thread: Nerf Hybrids

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Then you titled the thread poorly. "Hybrids discussion" or "Hybrid re-balance" would have had a less polarising feeling.
    You're right, my bad. I still have a bit of a "fuck hybrids" attitude inside. It's really frustrating when you can't 2v1 them.

I always thought the PE was supposed to be similar to a hybrid. High defense, lower damage. Libby, termi, pain easer, etc, were once viable and PEs had better defense, but not anymore; spys, tanks, and hybrids can still outlast a PE. I'd rather see other classes and weapons buffed than anyone nerfed.
    Bad Dragon
    Jack Drake
    Run
    My Ppu
    Nipple Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Drake6k View Post
    You're right, my bad. I still have a bit of a "fuck hybrids" attitude inside. It's really frustrating when you can't 2v1 them.

I always thought the PE was supposed to be similar to a hybrid. High defense, lower damage. Libby, termi, pain easer, etc, were once viable and PEs had better defense, but not anymore; spys, tanks, and hybrids can still outlast a PE. I'd rather see other classes and weapons buffed than anyone nerfed.
    I dont like writing in the forum so much ... but posts like this force me to... hybrids are very slightly op because of posion currently.. only slightly.. Poision damage is a little bit too high across all characters. I havent found a hybrid that i am unable to kill with a private eye. Dont complain about nerfing a character because your using the wrong weapon or not hitting with enough consistency. That kind of feedback can result in worse balancing to a state where a charcter is unplayable. A pe can take down any hybrid 1 on 1. If you disagree please show me otherwise.. proof is in the pudding
    Last edited by bobhoskins; 22-11-16 at 10:35.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    I dont like writing in the forum so much ... but posts like this force me to... hybrids are very slightly op because of posion currently.. only slightly.. Poision damage is a little bit too high across all characters. I havent found a hybrid that i am unable to kill with a private eye. Dont complain about nerfing a character because your using the wrong weapon or not hitting with enough consistency. That kind of feedback can result in worse balancing to a state where a charcter is unplayable. A pe can take down any hybrid 1 on 1. If you disagree please show me otherwise.. proof is in the pudding
    I can't comment on End game but did the Devs not actually state that it was about the right Armor / Weapon types now for PvP/PvE? These choices have a bigger impact then before? I might be wrong but I swore I saw that somewhere so you are correct in that people need to use the right tools for the job.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Ahem...

STFU, quit whining, and learn how to play. Hybrids were always supposed to be stronger 1v1. You can't kill him solo? Try using piercing, force, poison, and better aim. Oh, maybe try not having very little poison resist also. You and your friend cant kill him? bwahaha, yall suck then. OR, you're actually up against someone that can aim very well. -- BS aside, poison is almost always the lowest resist in anyone's build. NC has never had poison PSI spells do most of the dmg instantly instead of over time. It may need to be changed back to how it was where it lasted a good bit longer (~20 secs?) over time, and the instant hit only did about 10% of the total dmg. How it is currently, the only real choice is poison for offense. No diversity in spell use. (psi attack 2 doesn't cast smooth, and does less)

PS: Hybrid isn't my main, but I'm the reason they were nerfed for nc 2.2. Even though they were 100% fine and not OP.

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    I dont like writing in the forum so much ... but posts like this force me to...
    It's good to talk.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Hi,

unfortunately Evo 2.2 has ruled too long so much of the Evo 2.2 gameplay just became a habit.
    As already stated in previous posts you have to vary your damage output like we all did in NC1.

Damage types become important again thats why we have all the colored numbers now. I personally would NEVER engage a enemy monk with energy weapon for example.

I would pick a weapon that does at least some piercing or force.

Z
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

That's nice, but as a capped melee tank, using weapons that mostly do force/piercing, I can't even get a hybrid to 75% health before he owns me. That's with the hybrid using poison spells on me.

It's time to retire my melee guy, the only class you have even a chance killing is perhaps a spy, until he stealths.
    Last edited by kazvall; 24-11-16 at 20:42.
    Zhalfer/Zhyres(z)/Roninz/Gekidoz

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Hi,

unfortunately Evo 2.2 has ruled too long so much of the Evo 2.2 gameplay just became a habit.
    As already stated in previous posts you have to vary your damage output like we all did in NC1.

Damage types become important again thats why we have all the colored numbers now. I personally would NEVER engage a enemy monk with energy weapon for example.

I would pick a weapon that does at least some piercing or force.

Z
    Maybe fix the damage output on low TL spells downwards and the problem would be solved?

As it currently stands if a TL64 does as much damage as a rare with much higher APU requirements no wonder they dont have to make any trade off between offence / defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Odimara Orca View Post
    Maybe fix the damage output on low TL spells downwards and the problem would be solved?

As it currently stands if a TL64 does as much damage as a rare with much higher APU requirements no wonder they dont have to make any trade off between offence / defense.
    https://forum.neocron-game.com/showt...09#post2236909
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

<3 love the soft patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    It's good to talk.
    Think im the only person who got that one but god it was good
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by kazvall View Post
    That's nice, but as a capped melee tank, using weapons that mostly do force/piercing, I can't even get a hybrid to 75% health before he owns me. That's with the hybrid using poison spells on me.

It's time to retire my melee guy, the only class you have even a chance killing is perhaps a spy, until he stealths.
    Do you have poison mods for the blades? Seems to me like the only really sensible weapon that would fit a poison mod tbh.

Paw of Bear/Tiger/Vein Ripper would all be good candidates I am sure.

I am not a melee player so I have little knowledge of them beyond basic. Is this a thing you can adapt to?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Do you have poison mods for the blades? Seems to me like the only really sensible weapon that would fit a poison mod tbh.
    What about Dev or AK? D-D-D-DISQUALIFIED!

On topic: As I reported 2 days after the patch has gone life. With low TL weaponry rivaling high TL weaponry Hybrids can have both pre patch apu damage values and all the Shields in the game.

Ofc it's broken thats why I keep saying: adjust the Damage on low TL weaponry!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Think im the only person who got that one but god it was good
    Haha. Old and British is a requirement I think.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

There is still concentrated antidote+damageblocker u could use to avoid some decent amount of poison damage.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast