Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
Changing some of the fundamental aspects to the structure of the game may indeed bring a few players back but then what? Does it get reversed when populations are higher? If so won't that push players back out again? What should the population be at before we change it back to ensure there are still suitable numbers after some players leave? How long will it take to reach that population level? Will it have been so long that nobody will want to go back to the normal SL system because they're used to it and feel like they're being nerfed/punished? How many players might leave because of the initial change to SL?
We all love this game, we profess it often enough on these forums alone, but each of us would like to change one or two aspects of it. Problem is, it won't be NC any more.
Some "Crusades" have been taken up on these forums to drastically change the game and a couple of them may have resulted in a very watered down change to be made. More than a couple have ended with the initial "Crusader" being banned. My advice would be to aim for something less drastic then the remainder of the community and indeed the remaining Devs will feel more comfortable with that change.
Before you ask, no, I don't have any ideas, but then I don't have an issue with the current system so have given it no thought.
Finally, given that there seems to be a shortage of resources for the game, I really don't see this being given the green light any time soon.

ummm changing fundamental aspects of the game wasn't mentioned once in the thread. i dont understand how your post fits anything were discussing. we are talking about a one time soul light reset to bring back some players, maybe even time it strategically with the patch release to bring back players who wouldnt otherwise comeback due to the boring mission grind.

edit: devs correct me if im wrong here but a soul light reset wouldn't require much resources...