[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Windows Phone ftw!
    Well said

I don't personally see the need for a mobile app for NSkill to be honest, and if I did want to do it, I'd do it on Windows Phone. There are possibly a good few hundred people playing NC at the mo, and the subset of those that would prefer (read: use) a char build tool on a mobile platform is minimal.

However, I've been thinking of chopping some crap up and making a nice easy (.Net) class available with the original dmg calcs, runspeed, implants and item parser and whatnot, should someone want them. Though don't quote me on that, it might never come to pass with my present workload.

The REAL Walker

I would totally use Nskill when pooping, if I had it on my phone!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    I would totally use Nskill when pooping, if I had it on my phone!
    What about tablet users?

However as Steve pointed out there isn't many users to justify the time in doing a proper mobile app, when you got 3 platforms to support (iPhone, Android and Windows Phone) Although if anyone has time to spare and wants to try it as a project, go for it.

aKe`cj has got the right idea and approach for developing a NSkill app. Use HTML and JS with a responsive layout SDK (Such as Bootstrap) and you got your mobile, tablet and desktop users all covered.

Thanks for all the input and ideas. I really like where this discussion is going... We already got access to something that I didn't know about from Zoltan. I'm sure we'll have a few people check that out! Thanks Zoltan!

You never know what may materialize from a simple topic of discussion :-)

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    What about tablet users?
    NC SmartGlass ftw! Now THERE'S an app with potential Updating map, citycom, clan status, wiki hints particular to zone, stats, rares DB integration, etc. Make it, Bram!

Though I have to say, I've never used a browser-based HTML5/JS application that has performed as well as it could/should on a phone.
    Last edited by StevenJ; 13-03-14 at 03:44. Reason: spllellings

Can someone point me to the available APIs?

I have some experience with apache cordova, which supports almost all mobile platforms. The app itself is writen in HTML & JS. The same code could be used for a web version.
    If I find the time this weekend, I might give it a try and report.

Quote Originally Posted by baracoder View Post

I have some experience with apache cordova, which supports almost all mobile platforms. The app itself is writen in HTML & JS. The same code could be used for a web version.
    I'm sorry I've been on the road all weekend and just able to use my phone here in there while in the car. I will try to look tonight or tomorrow I remember seeing it somewhere.

Personally I'm not exactly sure but I know that others know exactly where. Hopefully someone will point you in the right direction. I realize the weekend is already half over but maybe it will help. If not again I will try to look tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by baracoder View Post

Thanks to Zoltan for the assistance:
    You have to login here:

http://api.neocron-game.com/SessionManagement.asmx

and as a result you'll get a session token which is valid for ~15min.

You are able to request your needed informations with the token here:

http://api.neocron-game.com/publicInterface.asmx

The THN has a couple of API's available. There is one for the Item DB, but that one is due to be replaced in the future.

The THN Stats DB also has a API. You can access the self-documenting API list at http://stats.techhaven.org/info/api with a little extra documentation on the wiki. nEo-1664's THN-CPU bot in the IRC channel uses some of the API functions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12