Default Mobile developers out there?

Any mobile developers out there that want to work on a project together? I was thinking a nice new NSkill for the iPhone. The info is available just need the time, coding and cash. I would be willing to fund...

Any interest?

But why on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    But why on the phone?
    So it's always available. I always have my phone, most people do... Rarely am I at a PC where I can have access to NSkill.

I also hate searching the AppStore for neocron and having zero results. It would also lend to a lot of other things like showing population, linking to the tutorial videos people are discussing, etc...

Why not on the phone?

Make it a HTML+js frontend and you have pretty much all platforms covered.
    Why waste time on a platform specific app? You don't need access to the hardware sensors or crazy computing power.
    I don't see nskill requiring anything beyond the well supported HTML5 APIs.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    But why on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Make it a HTML+js frontend and you have pretty much all platforms covered.
    Why waste time on a platform specific app?
    This is why I asked if any developers were interested... I haven't written a line of code other than PowerShell in probably 6-7 years. You know better than I would in regards to this subject matter.

Could you still have the "app" available but simply have it display the HTML5? This would atleast get it in the stores(free).

There a numerous "apps" that are little more than a browser window with a html app inside, so yes, that can be done. I still don't see why it would make sense, but if you were to publish such an app, it would be interesting to find out who will legally grant you the use of the Neocron trademark and related artworks.

Thumbs up for trying to support NC, but publishing an app of any sorts without programming skills may not be the most effective way of support. I dont mean to dishearten you, but ideas and projects are plentiful and most programmers have no trouble finding work or starting projects of their own.

What exactly is it you are looking to contribute to such a project?
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

I'm not gonna lie. I would get a proper chubby for this app.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

It's simply something I would like to have available. I struggle to find time to play let alone fire up NSkill to look at character configurations. But I always have my phone and if it were available on a mobile device I would be able to 'play' a lot more or at least be involved with my characters and NC more.

Getting permission to use copyrighted material is a few steps ahead. I just wanting to discuss possible solutions to an annoyance (limited access) of mine.

I didn't say I have no programming experience. For almost 4 years I built webapps / databases for clinical trials. But I have sense moved to a more strategic/planning/leadership role.

Contribute - right now just a topic for discussion. If something materialized out of it then whatever was needed within reason...PM/funding/etc.

I am not even saying its a good idea. Just a thought and an annoyance.

/edit to add
    It would be my hope that if there ever was an actual new version/launch of NC that there would be the ability to interact through a mobile app. Even simple things like getting access to citycom or limited access to support characters like research or construct or if there were actually player run shops to check supply, add/remove items or maybe implant/repair/etc stations you could 'man' remotely via app.
    Last edited by hudsonbeck; 01-03-14 at 20:27. Reason: Added a thought

Wow has an app. Just gonna throw that out there. It has access to the armoury and the bank and the shop (auction house) and stuff.

Whilst I love the ambition here I cannot think of much that I would want to do in nc with a mobile app - other than Nskill, Herrad's implant calculator and access to Techhaven.org. All of the stuff you can do with the WOW app I dont think you have in nc.

The rest of the stuff I want to do with the game I need to be in game to do. At a push, if you could have some form of Poker-bot or something that you would be able to log in with from a mobile that would be good as people could use that to support the community whilst being away elsewhere and not actually in game. But in my mind this would also cause problems as it woud A) mean you need to effectively run nc on your phone and B) it would take away some of the interaction in NC.

However IF the Stock X was made to work again then this would be PERFECT for a mobile app, or some form of gambling app - Tsunami Syndicate anyone? Something you could use to win money or items with that would make a great application as a boredom killer while youre on the train or wherever.

I agree, nskill, implant and maybe a server population display would be a nice tool.

It's not anything new but it would be making them current and more easily accessible.

If there is anyone out there that knows a good deal about nskill and/or heralds implant calc and what's to approximate rough dev hours it would be much appreciated.

You can find a Windows Phone app for Neocron here but you have to sideload it (developer unlock). This project is just an old tech demo and allows you to read mails, see the server populations or just your characters.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    You can find a Windows Phone app for Neocron here but you have to sideload it (developer unlock). This project is just an old tech demo and allows you to read mails, see the server populations or just your characters.
    Windows Phone ftw!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Can you do a hatchet job on that and come up with something?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Can you guide me to the easiest way to get the developer unlock.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    Can you guide me to the easiest way to get the developer unlock.. ?
    http://www.buzzfrog.se/index.php/201...loper-account/
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast