Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaanyhow-- since you're leaving/have left - I'm guessing you want to give me your stuff, yes?
    Actually, I was thinking of giving it away.
    But I'd like to give it to some noob who just got into the game. Any volunteers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    But I'd like to give it to some noob who just got into the game. Any volunteers?
    Lexxuk needs all the help he can get - in so many ways!
    Tetasau - Rifle Spy
    Rincey - Tank

former king of saturn

I'll still volunteer, and will promise to spread the love to new runners in-game. I've helped a few players out so far with some cash and cst. Unfortunately not a single one of them has been back online after I helped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    I'll still volunteer, and will promise to spread the love to new runners in-game. I've helped a few players out so far with some cash and cst. Unfortunately not a single one of them has been back online after I helped out.
    Promises are hardly worth anything, when it comes to neocron. What's your ingame nick though?

former king of saturn

Promises are hardly worth anything, when it comes to neocron. What's your ingame nick though?
    Knucklebutt

to me it seems the devs have their priorities wrong and with so little time on their hands to work out issues that should have never made it past beta back in the in the day it's just a lacklustre theme park for spare time programmers with a big vision but too little skill to make the big changes happen in a meaningful time frame for me to really care.
    Last edited by eNTi; 08-08-13 at 22:27.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    to me it seems the devs have their priorities wrong and with so little time on their hands to work out issues that should have never made it past beta back in the in the day it's just a lacklustre theme park for spare time programmers with a big vision but too little skill to make the big changes happen in a meaningful time frame for me to really care.
    How charming of you. These 'spare time programmers' do this for free. If you don't like it, leave. There is no need to insult a group of people who take time out of their lives to help keep NC alive, as well as put up with players' bullshit.

If you can do better, step up. If not, piss off.

former king of saturn

He does bring up a good point, though. I wonder if we should possibly start a donation fund that can be used to either supplement the volunteer devs' income so they could focus and validate their time some more, or if we could use that money to pay a 3rd party dev company to get crackin'.

We've been told donations are being set up but it takes a while because of legal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Still waiting for an application

Enti is still the forum whipping boy then?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

My vision of where Neocron is heading;

The support crew will continue to provide support by balancing, patching and mopping up the game. People will continue to play in current numbers. Some new content may come, while the game is slowly brought to a solid structure. End.

I don't see Neocron going public to the extend where profit can be generated. I don't see the support team setting up tools to generate an income or receive donations.

Neocron is an old but great platform that many still enjoy very much. New people are still coming in while older people are still leaving. The support crew will continue to support this game as they enjoy (I hope) working on it and playing it.

To quote DarkPhoenix for anyone that complains the support crew isn't doing enough:

/me loves Neocron and all of the people that currently play it. I love jumping in for a NeoCast while seeing all the great people chill about by going out of their way to come and party, etc. Neocron has an amazing community.

But am I really cruel, cold, mean or negative when I say that I don't think Neocron will become greater in the sense of players, Steam potential, revenue potential, than it is right now?

If I step on anyones toes here, or I am completely wrong in regard to the support crew's intentions; my apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Enti is still the forum whipping boy then?
    The way he's going about slagging off the support team I say yes. Slagging off any volunteer team is just quite simply disrespectable.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    I couldn't have said it better, but the way Enti is going about it on these forums I'm not sure anyone would want someone like him on their team.

Neocron isn't going to be fixed overnight, remember nearly 18 months ago we was almost looking at the end of Neocron. Today it has a future and it's getting fixed slowly. That's way better than no progress at all.

being extra nice and lying/sucking up to them because they volunteer doesn't really help them or the game to progress. i don't really care if you agree with my methods, maybe the devs appreciate some honesty. if you don't care for my comments just put me on ignore. it's as simple as that.

being extra nice and lying/sucking up to them because they volunteer doesn't really help them or the game to progress. i don't really care if you agree with my methods, maybe the devs appreciate some honesty. if you don't care for my comments just put me on ignore. it's as simple as that.
    Neither does useless and offensive comments. Saying someone has a lack of skill in something, while having little if any yourself, is neither constructive nor welcome. It's more likely to get devs to say "Fuck it" and stop work all together. (Not saying it's the case here)

And who are you to dictate to them their priorities? They have lives outside of this game, whether you care for it or not.

No one is forcing you to do anything. You make the decision to play. You can make the decision to stop. Internet anonymity doesn't give anyone the right to bully/cause offense. You might as well put everyone on ignore, because I'm betting not a lot of people here care for your comments.

It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Neither does useless and offensive comments. Saying someone has a lack of skill in something, while having little if any yourself, is neither constructive nor welcome.
    Oh, and you just happen to know the 'skill level' of every other person in here? This one goes right back at you.

Actually, people did step up - and were threatened with legal consequences almost immediately.
    Stop being so goddamn ignorant.

+1 for eNTI.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast