[nevermind]
    Last edited by eNTi; 06-06-13 at 10:03.

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

just out of interest what clan are you in? character names?

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    skill in op fights evolve around the following:

1. jitter around like stupid,
    2. use every bug in the environment possible to break target lock,
    3. use stealth to break target lock,
    4. know when to go ug,
    5. let your ppus know where you are and what you are missing,
    6. cheat and not get caught
    there's a much higher skill ceiling in this game than that. just because this game is being played with no / very little coordination or finesse by the current clans doesn't mean there isn't a higher potential for skill in neocron pvp, even with it's current flaws.

"ppus really serve no purpose in this game."

stopped reading after that.
    reaps / submis / aesthetics / dreamer

posted by enti page 1
    i don't "understand" the notion, that i have to aim AGAIN when i target something and something else blocks my target by simply standing before it or even only rushing by in a second.

that's called a game named w*w click and u never lose a target this game takes skill and being able to keep a lock on your target moving around is part of it so you don't let them keep a lock on you. I prefer to run in front of you on my ppu blocking your shots from hitting my guys I kn ow it sounds CRAZY team play
    BAD ASS 74/65 NERFED HYB {apu now}
    BLACK SOUL 79/67 RIFLE PE

AND SOMEOTHERS I WONT SAY

Quote Originally Posted by damien vryce View Post
    that's called a game named w*w click and u never lose a target this game takes skill and being able to keep a lock on your target moving around is part of it so you don't let them keep a lock on you. I prefer to run in front of you on my ppu blocking your shots from hitting my guys I kn ow it sounds CRAZY team play
    not a popular opinion but the skill ceiling in w*w pvp (3v3) is way higher than it is in this game.
    simple aim and blocking shots aren't groundbreaking strategy.
    reaps / submis / aesthetics / dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyuki- View Post
    not a popular opinion but the skill ceiling in w*w pvp (3v3) is way higher than it is in this game.
    simple aim and blocking shots aren't groundbreaking strategy.
    also wow's balance is MUUUUCH better than in this game. in wow arena pvp you can kill a healer/dd combo with a dd/dd combo. try doing this in this game.

uh yeah it's very skillful to break the aim of someone. granted, aiming is just a game mechanic that is very specific to this game. as i said, it doesn't have to be realistic to be fun. for me it's not fun, so it's a bad game mechanic. it favors certain builds and thus is a balancing factor that limits everyone's options a great deal. play pvp tank? too bad, all your int points are fixed. no variation possible. bad design imho.
    Last edited by eNTi; 07-06-13 at 09:51.

granted, aiming is just a game mechanic that is very specific to this game. as i said, it doesn't have to be realistic to be fun. for me it's not fun, so it's a bad game mechanic. it favors certain builds and thus is a balancing factor that limits everyone's options a great deal. play pvp tank? too bad, all your int points are fixed. no variation possible. bad design imho.
    Well NC is a FPS mmo so you should expect to have to aim like in any FPS. Seems to me you are unable to keep the lock on people or land any hits.
    What else would you want to spend your INT points on as a tank?!

I pretty much agree with what Kane Gregory wrote on page 2.

[...]play pvp tank? too bad, all your int points are fixed. no variation possible. bad design imho.
    It's not bad design to me, but specialization. You wanna be the best possible PvP tank? It's logical to spend all your points on weapon lore then.

You don't care much about PvP and hunting? Then you can make a GenTank that mods weapons and imps people in P1.

It's your choice and you got all the freedom you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    It's not bad design to me, but specialization. You wanna be the best possible PvP tank? It's logical to spend all your points on weapon lore then.

You don't care much about PvP and hunting? Then you can make a GenTank that mods weapons and imps people in P1.

It's your choice and you got all the freedom you want.
    the illusion of choice is not choice. you need to learn a lot it seems.

The REAL Walker

blablablawhinewhineblablabla
    Why dont you just leave? You clearly do not like the CORE part of the game..
    Enough is enough.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Why dont you just leave? You clearly do not like the CORE part of the game..
    Enough is enough.
    very good post. well thought through and it adds a lot to discussion.

the illusion of choice is not choice. you need to learn a lot it seems.
    There is no freedom in a computer game, eNTI.

I guess this thread has run its course.

You have repeated some valid points in your initial post that were discussed countless times over the last nine months on the forums, like the UG, aiming, clipping thru non-solid objects, balancing PPUs & debuffing & classes, and so on and so on.

But your last posts have not been constructive anymore and now this thread really starts to descend into strange territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    There is no freedom in a computer game, eNTI.

I guess this thread has run its course.

You have repeated some valid points in your initial post that were discussed countless times over the last six months on the forums, like the UG, aiming, clipping thru non-solid objects, balancing PPUs & debuffing & classes, and so on and so on.

But your last posts have not been constructive anymore and now this thread really starts to descend into strange territories.
    i guess you are right.

Sektenspinner aus Leidenschaft hajoan's Avatar

[RANT]
    1. if you want to win, bring more ppus.
    3. if you want to win, bring more ppus.
    5. if you want to win, bring more ppus.
    KK has been warned by the community that there will be more PPUs in Opfight if they nerf the PPU too hard.
    What you see now is just the result of ignoring.

A lot of people left because they aimed to help and tried a lot.
    I hope some of them will come back some day.

We had not allways the same site and the same opinions but I miss those people a lot.
    Too affective?

Less qq and learn to play enti. If you don't like a feature of the game highlight it in its own thread and then come up with a concrete solution to that problem and make it relevant to the game and doable without any negative consequences.

Whining on this forum will only bring you ridicule or a cold shoulder from us, your peers. You clearly lack the understanding as your threads have been dissected surgically by finer minds than my own and yet you still continue to post non-sensical stuff like you have done. I wish you could see your own posts from a neutral stance once in a while because you arent doing much for credibility here bro.

In the meantime I will see you on the battlefield. Try not to bleed on my uniform please.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast