Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    This is due to individual weapon balance and factors such as the WoC bonus as opposed to the tl scaling. DPS by weapon type is completely out of whack in many cases.

My earlier point was that the whole point of using a lower TL weapon is that you either have higher defences or use it better with the use of more sub-skill implants.
    The problem as I mentioned is that those sub-skill implants are invariably also the implants that increase TL as well.

Back in NC1 you had one dex based rare chip, the SF; All other implants were the level 3 non-rares and generally were split into main-stat and sub-skill. Even with the MC5s you still had a huge variation as there was only one for each main-stat and you still had to fill the other two slots.
    Now we have four rare dex implants, the Swat, SF, DIP and CCP. All give high main-stat and sub-skill bonuses.
    There's no reason to use a low tl weapon, because the best sub-skills generally come from the rares, which then increase the tl that you can use.
    This is compounded by the fact that the dps/sub-skill gradient is much shallower than it was back in the day; An old Judge setup was SA (old dex MC5), SF, Moveon and PPR. You would get 165rpm. Swap out the Moveon or PPR for a targeting 3 (which gave around +15 pc) and it would jump to 178rpm. Almost a 10% bonus and the equal of the loss of defence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    ^ This. You've nailed the previous defense vs damage balance we used to have.

Maybe once weapons are balanced we need the subskill bonus of the implants mentioned reduced (10 instead of 15 p-c), or give the pistol implants -r-c equivalent to the +p-c they give (not sure about this idea tbh),
    but I'll leave the finer details to the devs. (and ofcourse forum debate)
    I'm quoting DJ and myself again as this is something I think the OP really needs to take into consideration when it comes to working out some kind of balance weapon damage.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    I'm quoting DJ and myself again as this is something I think the OP really needs to take into consideration when it comes to working out some kind of balance weapon damage.
    Yeah well we will see in what direction the devs are going to work regarding the implants.

Are they planning to step back on how implants were in NC1 or are they just going to round up the numbers on the actual implants without tweaking it too much.