Default Remove Clan sympathy as a requirement for personal missions/fsm

Simple. This is related to a bug reported in the bug forum (potential bug at least) but I find it really frustrating when i want to do high end missions on a char and its asking for clan symp to be what ever.

This same thing applies to fsm access also. We cant be realistically expected to make sure all members have 100 symp all the time or close to. it ruins the fsm access for people when taking the clan average and instead, in my eyes, be related to the individual runner. I realise the rp sense is that clan symp counts but in a realistic sense we cannot maintain 100 symp all the time regardless. something will always happen to lower this and not just because some idiot went on a drunken killing spree. New members is one example. recently swapped faction or what ever. perhaps not completed the epic.

or as mentioned in the bug forum a bug.

thoughts?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I know quite a couple of clans that enforce a close-to-100 FacSymp policy, so why can't we realistically make sure?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I say remove it and measure it on the individual. It serves no purpose.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

But wouldn't that diminish the WE-feel among clan mates further, what about all pulling together? With the clan symp regulating the FSM access the actions of one individual are more important since everyone is affected.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    But wouldn't that diminish the WE-feel among clan mates further, what about all pulling together? With the clan symp regulating the FSM access the actions of one individual are more important since everyone is affected.
    I am not gonna lie but I measure my clan mates bond by who comes running first when there is a fight on or who is getting the plasma to the face next to me, not who did the most missions that day.

I think Clan Sympathy should be useful for something but not for individual faction FSM access. I would like to see Clans mean something but that something be aesthetic - like guild tabards in wow for example - but I think that having the system the way it is is not good for the clan.

What if one guy goes inactive during a particularly stressful period in his REAL life. If you are truly a loyal clan mate then you stick by him in the tough times.

Ok now you realise he has only got 50 sympathy with your faction, dragging the whole sympathy down.

Right - so moral dilemma time. Do you kick him because he hasnt killed enough rats and aggressors today? or do you give him time to sort his life out and rejoin the rest of you in Pepper Park kicking ass and taking names?

I know which I would rather do.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Right - so moral dilemma time. Do you kick him because he hasn't killed enough rats and aggressors today? or do you give him time to sort his life out and rejoin the rest of you in Pepper Park kicking ass and taking names?
    You know you can always invite him back in the clan once he returns to the game. A quick holler and hes back together with his doods, whats the dilemma there? If hes such a close friend he will understand that.

Also, unless you are a 5 man clan a single guy with 50 symp won't drag you below the FSM threshold.

Griefers crying sure sounds like it; I hope this doesnt get changed... cause its so hard to run 10 or 20 missions to raise your borked faction...

give me a break

Post something constructive or don't bother. Community talk is further up. You are better off there with this kind of crap.

The urge to explain to you in not so polite terms to get out of this thread is only outweighed by the urge to retain posting rights within the brainport. If i got banned from i fear idiots like you would have more influence.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 21-05-13 at 02:49.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Griefers crying sure sounds like it; I hope this doesnt get changed... cause its so hard to run 10 or 20 missions to raise your borked faction...

give me a break
    what a monolithic point of view.

That one still kills me.

Iirc clan symp is only used for missions. The FSM checks the character symp. At least I can buy with my clan chars at the FSM with a clan symp below 90.
    ‘Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.’

Quote Originally Posted by Grogor View Post
    Iirc clan symp is only used for missions. The FSM checks the character symp. At least I can buy with my clan chars at the FSM with a clan symp below 90.
    Yeap, I'm sure this is the case as well. I think I've got a spare FA noob, so I'll check later.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Grogor View Post
    This is true. Clan symp does not effect your FSM abilities.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

i learned somethin. assumed it was dependant on clan symp. cheers guys.
    Something is wrong.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    i learned somethin. assumed it was dependant on clan symp. cheers guys.
    Noob!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Putting aside the FSM, I ask why should the mission system not take into account the clan sympathy?

If your clan has low FS it usually means your clan has no interest in being loyal to the faction.

When you join a clan you are in effect, a representative of the clan. So why should the faction give the good jobs when you are either part of the scum groups of the faction, or your clan have no interest in advancing the fortunes or power of the faction? Granted PvP and opwars isn't really taking into account here. Maybe perhaps op-war teams should get a few FS points when they take an op.

However this brings up another question, whatever happened to the Clan Missions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast