Default Team system revamp (more ideas welcome)

• Scroll bar to support up to 25 people
    • Checkbox option to allow or disallow looting of your belt. (Would encourage teaming for pvp without someone deciding to steal your WoC PA/Cursed Soul/etc so less complaining over SL loss when people want to engage in consensual pvp.)
    • Nameplates for teammates lowered so you don't need to look into the sky to see them.

Different colour in Local list for teamed runners maybe?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Actually allow characters to gain non-main skill xp from other team mates. Monk gets str and con from tanks, dex from spies/pe. Tanks get int and dex from spy/pe or int from monks, etc.

Option to disable loot rights for peeps in team, I was hunting with a hacker and since I was doing most the damage (but couldn't hack) dude was having to wait to get one they could do and would also be useful for when your caving and need recycle junk since you could just go loot what you need rather than asking if your corpses give non-recyclable junk.

On the team size I think an increase would be good but I think 25 is a bit to much, maybe 10-15 would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    Actually allow characters to gain non-main skill xp from other team mates. Monk gets str and con from tanks, dex from spies/pe. Tanks get int and dex from spy/pe or int from monks, etc.
    This, + different HUD colour on cursor over, similarly to the clanned intro last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Pink View Post
    On the team size I think an increase would be good but I think 25 is a bit to much, maybe 10-15 would be better.
    why? i agree with the rest of your post pink but why is 10-15 better than 25. If i had 25 actual friends online i wanted to team with i would be loving this game. the chatter would be incessant. 10-15 is easily reached for larger clans and friends of friends or just a random cave team.

I dont know of a cave in nc that could fit 25 players in all at once. therefore its more for the pvp aspect in a big op battle. It is also unlikely to be filled that easily therefore being a good number to have. clearly strife considered this when posting.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

On average when I log on after getting back from work the server population is roughly 20% which is about 200 people and when I log off for the night that's dropped to 5-10%

So with a limit of 25 you'd be getting 1/8 of the entire population in your team at peak times or 1/4 at off-peak times, assuming as you said its for a OP fight that means quarter/half the population would have to be OP fighting for you to find a team of equal size to have a fight (again i'm assuming your after a "balanced" fight)

Which isn't going to happen.

Admittedly you could just show up with 3 full teams and have the same but making teams able to accept that many would make it seem like you need to have 25 to start with.

When I played before as the population had dwindled due to KK's lack of action if you wanted to OP fight you had to be in one of two clans or forget about it, having such a large team would in my opinion be a step back in that direction.

So what happens when NC goes up to 500 players on the server? These changes are looking ahead to the future, not the situation that happened last week/month or year.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    So what happens when NC goes up to 500 players on the server? These changes are looking ahead to the future, not the situation that happened last week/month or year.
    Exactly. We've fought FF with near 20 people a month ago. Player retention should be getting a lot better with the recent client/server stability improvements and game balance. I can see the population picking back up.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    These changes are looking ahead to the future ...
    THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Exactly. We've fought FF with near 20 people a month ago. Player retention should be getting a lot better with the recent client/server stability improvements and game balance. I can see the population picking back up.
    AND THIS!

We need to think ahead and here are some great ideas!

snip

ok pink im not sure if you missed my point with setting the limit but 25 is the theoretical limit for example. my reasoning was set it deliberately higher than is likely to be achievable in all but the very rarest circumstances and there is no need for another patch in a few weeks or months.

As the boys above said if pops return back up to early titan days then this can be revisited at that stage.

I think in business they call this planning for a contingency
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

From my experience of MMO's when you add a limit to something that quickly becomes the requirement.

Strife mentioned he was in a 20+ op fight a month ago, yesterday peeps were bitching becuz 10 peeps went to an OP fight so how often do these large fights actually happen?

From my experience of MMO's when you add a limit to something that quickly becomes the requirement.
    Would you want to run a cave in neocron with 25 others in it? would you ACTUALLY get any xp from that. I think the maximum of ten per cave and it feels way too crowded.

Now. regards the pvp side of things. i cant speak for anyone else but when ever i have organised op fights we look for whos on then how many numbers then choose one of equal numbers and hope 30 more people dont log in. its sportsmanship.

if its a random fight in the wastes or we are off to smash somewhere up then we just get the team and go. its who ever is online.

this is not wow where everyone sits in a raid group till its full and then finally goes off to fight what ever boring encounter is the weekly raid.

neocron isn't like other mmos. some of the logic applied to them cannot be applied to this.
    Something is wrong.

So when was the last time you had a organised op fight with 25 a side?

As I mentioned I watched peeps complain about 10 on one side go to an op fight two days ago.

We've already mentioned it wouldn't do anything for PvE (although a smaller increase would since the XP wouldn't be messed up to much) and everybody has said this a change looking towards the future.

Okay great I'd love to see populations of 500 odd at one time but why make a change to accommodate something we don't have and is a bit unrealistic (300% increase in average server pop) for the near future.

If they can adjust the team size once they can do it again, so increase it up by a bit to 10 and then when we hit 300-400 make it 15 and if we get to this 500 odd then make it 20-25.

So when was the last time you had a organised op fight with 25 a side?
    your point is?

As I mentioned I watched peeps complain about 10 on one side go to an op fight two days ago.
    again? Complained about? Getting zerged? make it relevant.

Okay great I'd love to see populations of 500 odd at one time but why make a change to accommodate something we don't have and is a bit unrealistic (300% increase in average server pop) for the near future.

If they can adjust the team size once they can do it again, so increase it up by a bit to 10 and then when we hit 300-400 make it 15 and if we get to this 500 odd then make it 20-25.
    3 Simple words. Volunteer Development Team.

Why do things 4 times when you can do it once the first time and then its done and wont need to go back and alter it in the future.

besides. If the team limit was 25 and noone ever managed to get 25 people in a team would that really ruin your neocron experience.

I think your arguing a point for the sake of the argument and your losing badly.
    Something is wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast