Default So from reading the forum: APU is argh, pistols are pointless & melee is meh...

So for quality of life (seeing as I have to start again) - are we talking hc tank or rifle spy for levelling/farming possible clan warring if i stick about?

Had both in NC1 and NC2 but not tried either in yeaaarssss

Oh and hi

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

evs.... sounds awfully familiar.... wolflan?
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

I'd say spy is better for farming, otherwise either one is good for the rest.

Tanks were the usual fire mob farmers, but they hurt a LOT now.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    I'd say spy is better for farming, otherwise either one is good for the rest.

Tanks were the usual fire mob farmers, but they hurt a LOT now.
    Can I have your babies? Im a guy but we can try...can you call my Sugar plum? Seriously, I have not played a lot recently but Tank is as Strife says and Spy is a lot of fun when you consider vehicles and sniper rifles. Spy can do it all and mix PvP for a better experience. Op wars...a spy is always needed for the obvious and still a viable op pvp char.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evs View Post
    So for quality of life (seeing as I have to start again) - are we talking hc tank or rifle spy for levelling/farming possible clan warring if i stick about?

Had both in NC1 and NC2 but not tried either in yeaaarssss

Oh and hi
    Spies do everything. Play a spy so you can experience everything in Neocron.

PEs are worthless as a class entirely. Avoid them.

Monks are good only as a capped PPU. APU is only good for farming Regents so you can switch to PPU.

Tanks... ugh... Great for farming fire mobs, and that is about it. Tanks are rubbish anywhere else, especially in Outpost PvP. While the 15 Spies running around you are going invisible and living, you are targeted first because you are the easiest to kill.

Melee is 100% worthless in Neocron. You can level just fine until around strength 60, but then there is a 10 level void where you do not get any weapon upgrades. Leveling off of Cyclops and Hurlers gets old after 2 weeks of them. You cannot really participate in anything else in the game. You jsut get in the way, and quickly die in PvP. You die from friendly AOE attacks. Forget leveling anywhere beyond MB Bunker because anything higher than a Cyclops will destroy you. Go on the test server, make the strongest Melee Tank you can with all resists for a certain type of mob, use Devil's Grace, and get killed in 15 seconds by anything. Forget trying to level in a dungeon. While your friends are AOEing mobs for mass cash and exp, you are attacking a single mob for an hour, taking massive damage from the mobs and your team's AOE.

Melee doesn't exist in Neocron. Pistols are basically Melee weapons anyway. Worthless in anything except PvP, and even then it's iffy.

Neocron has the following viable choices which won't frustrate you.

- Spies can farm any dungeon alone or in a team, and fight in both zone line and Outpost PvP perfectly fine. Spies can farm techs just fine.
    - Monks can only level up and farm as APU and zone line PvP decently, but can only participate in both zone line and Outpost PvP as PPU.
    - Tanks can farm most of the game alone, but requires a team for most dungeons. You'll live in either Regents or Fire Caves alone. Tanks can participate in zone line PvP just fine, but is absolute Rifle fodder in Out Post PvP. Tanks are the best tech farmers in the game when hunting Fire Mobs.
    - P.E.s are just shit all around. Anything a PE can do, a tank does better.

Now I am sure people are going to bitch and gripe about my opinions, whatever. Just go on the test server, make whatever you want, and test it. Make a melee tank, and die to everything higher than cyclops launchers. Make a PE anything, and be worthless. Make a Pistol anything is be worthless.

The problem with Neocron is that the high end mobs are just too deadly to fight alone. Since Neocron has a population of 100 people on average playing, getting groups is pretty impossible, so unless you like to fight in Regents or Fire Caves, you are going to be alone. So the game is designed with team based PvE and PvP in mind, but the population doesn't support the PvE side of the game, and the massive class/weapon unbalances doesn't support PvP side of the game.

To answer your question directly, pick a Spy. You can PvE with Drones alone or in a team, or switch to Rifles to PvP with your clan. As a Tank, you can pretty much just PvE, and only PvP decently if you zone line fight inside Neocron City.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    Spies do everything. Play a spy so you can experience everything in Neocron.

PEs are worthless as a class entirely. Avoid them.

Monks are good only as a capped PPU. APU is only good for farming Regents so you can switch to PPU.

Tanks... ugh... Great for farming fire mobs, and that is about it. Tanks are rubbish anywhere else, especially in Outpost PvP. While the 15 Spies running around you are going invisible and living, you are targeted first because you are the easiest to kill.

although it's reading like a rant, it's the sad truth. it's gotten better with the dissy/ak nerf but only ever so slightly. the weapons are still good and stealth is a broken game mechanic. i'm already regretting taking out the le on my tank. pointless exercise. i could farm fire mobs fine with my le, now i have to look over my back too. pretty pointless.

the biggest joke in the game is playing apu. regants 99% of all levels. a few days ago we had a group of like 6 apus and one ppu. there's no point in going anywhere else, because you will get destroyed and the xp is insane in there.

pe is... you need to like playing a sub par class in every aspect and take 10x as long to woc and until then you should not consider joining pvp. i think pe is still viable in one on one. at least if you are not up against a rifle spy. the only thing the dissy/ak nerf did, was making other rifles interesting for spies again... ok and some noobs die to other classes now sometimes, because they can't aim for shit.

Even though what "forget my name" is mostly true (sadly), The PE is still a viable option, it's actually a very fun class to play in pvp.
    You can do both pistol/rifle PE with WOC it's realyl viable, but the sad thing is you most probly gonna have to level it as a droner.

I just hope the devs can balance the xp income so that melee/pistols could level faster instead of relying on droning/AOE to have a chance of capping before 6 months

Incredibly honest and helpful info, really appreciate it!
    Looks like a spy it is then

Quote Originally Posted by nEo-1664 View Post
    evs.... sounds awfully familiar.... wolflan?
    Yup, hi
    I heard the whispers of neocron 3 and came back to look at the current state of the game. Least sync's seem to have been resolved
    !

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Well fuckaduck! Long time no see!

Definitely worth coming back..... and bring plenty more players too!
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

How are riggers doing these days?

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    How are riggers doing these days?
    By Shadowrun "Rigger" terms, in Neocron, do you mean Drivers or Droners? Or both?

Spy Droners are the only Class and Weapon combo that can basically experience all levels of Neocron solo, which is what makes them the most popular PvE combo at the moment. Everyone else cannot enter most of the high end dungeons alone, which sucks when Neocron has less people in it than three Battlefield maps.

Drivers, um... Are used for Fire Mob Tech hunting for the most part.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    By Shadowrun "Rigger" terms, in Neocron, do you mean Drivers or Droners? Or both?

Spy Droners are the only Class and Weapon combo that can basically experience all levels of Neocron solo, which is what makes them the most popular PvE combo at the moment. Everyone else cannot enter most of the high end dungeons alone, which sucks when Neocron has less people in it than three Battlefield maps.

Drivers, um... Are used for Fire Mob Tech hunting for the most part.

Yea "droner". We always called them riggers back in the day, same def.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Strange View Post
    Yea "droner". We always called them riggers back in the day, same def.
    I thought they were still called riggers.

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    I thought they were still called riggers.

They are unless they changed the MC5 parts to be called Drivers Dreams.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"