Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    When I first played on Pluto everyone pulled their LE on day one and leveled in the dangerous atmosphere that NC was intended to be. But the people back then didn't kill anyone and everyone simply because they were bored. Faction relations were respected, alliances were respected, Clan relations were respected and low level characters trying to level were respected. There is litterally none of this respect in the current game today.

This directly contributes to the current situation we now have with the LE'd people today. The game wasn't designed as a shoot everyone free for all style sandbox. Your actions were supposed to have consequences. Those consequences are laughable now, and no one cares about them. It's nothing to go RED SL now, faction sympathy doesn't mean anything and relations with other players are the last thing on peoples minds. Try leveling in Regants without an LE, people who are in your own faction will try to kill you. I dont think this is what they had in mind when they designed the game
    I was considering making a thread about fixing the symp/faction relation system. At the moment there's no real consequences to PKing anyone and everyone. The system certainly needs an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    I was considering making a thread about fixing the symp/faction relation system. At the moment there's no real consequences to PKing anyone and everyone. The system certainly needs an overhaul.
    Going RED sl and dropping all of your weapons and PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    "Stay at home" - No one can access your Appartment, so u can idle there with red SL and everything will be okay.
    And with Support you can manage Missions, not a big deal..
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    OK, the consequences are avoidable, and easily counter-acted.

But like the weapons and PA aren't easily replaceable to most people, especially those to wilfully PK regardless of faction. This isn't a deterrent.

Ultimately I'd like to see a move towards a state where the LE doesn't exist or is disabled at a certain level, but the faction and SL system actually works. Make runners interact with one another again. From experience being in FETISH, ganking everyone (and boy, did we gank), is easy as hell and it's pretty easy to replace any items lost and to regain SL to an acceptable level. It's been a busted system for a long time.

Dealing with people who still go that far... I don't know. Make apartment doors hackable, dependent on SL like belts? It's easy enoigh on the citycom to see the majority of people on bad SL idling in their apartments.