Also you stepped down from 200 a side to 100 a side.

50% difference in the original quote.

P.s I played Pluto 2004-2005 and I NEVER saw any clans with that many people. Pluto was on the decline MASSIVELY at the end of NC1, so much so that there was even a huge thread about it. The issues of people dual logging and the psychology around a 1 player server vs the more popular 4 player servers were discussed at length. People talked about splitting their chars identities and RPing in character on this one player server compared to people getting beaten on their levelling char; then logging a capped tank from another faction to repay their griefer.

Hivemind and many other forum vets weighed in on said thread and talked at length about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exellence View Post
    maybe we played different games ? ))

Yeah I think you musta been playing planetside bro.

Battlefield 2 (biggest game of 2005) limited its servers to 64 players a side on the pc due to the MASSIVE amounts of server load that running a game like that could handle. Do you really think NC could handle 300% more than that.

I commend you for making everyone here laugh but seriously if youre going to make something up to make it look like you're a vet then please do a little research and actually think before you post.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 18-01-13 at 14:04. Reason: grammar.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Also you stepped down from 200 a side to 100 a side.

50% difference in the original quote.

P.s I played Pluto 2004-2005 and I NEVER saw any clans with that many people. Pluto was on the decline MASSIVELY at the end of NC1, so much so that there was even a huge thread about it. The issues of people dual logging and the psychology around a 1 player server vs the more popular 4 player servers were discussed at length. People talked about splitting their chars identities and RPing in character on this one player server compared to people getting beaten on their levelling char; then logging a capped tank from another faction to repay their griefer.

Hivemind and many other forum vets weighed in on said thread and talked at length about it.

Yeah I think you musta been playing planetside bro.

Battlefield 2 (biggest game of 2005) limited its servers to 64 players a side on the pc due to the MASSIVE amounts of server load that running a game like that could handle. Do you really think NC could handle 300% more than that.

I commend you for making everyone here laugh but seriously if youre going to make something up to make it look like you're a vet then please do a little research and actually think before you post.

you forgot the ps Welcome back to the forums and NC
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Nothing carebear about wanting to enjoy the FUN part of the game (PvP...).
    Some of us do not enjoy PvE and farming, nor do we have the time for it anymore..
    There is much more to NC than only PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    I think he knows that dude. PVP is the most fun part for him.... as the quote says.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    I'm not sure there is you know... Especially if you look at what players are trying to achieve;

There's three things that players do in NC: Tradeskill, PvE and PvP (oh, and furnish apartments). The first two are basically, directly or indirectly, paths to the third.

People don't craft for fun (generally), they either craft to get the item they're making or craft for money (to buy items for PvE/PvP) so we can rule out tradeskilling as what players are trying to achieve.

Players do sometimes PvP just for the hell of it. I've had fun runs of juggernaught facility, who don't do anything special (xbow notwithstanding) other than be badly textured oversized warbots i.e. the exp is mediocre. But mostly PvE is a means to an end, that end being level cap/WoC so I'm still not convinced that players are trying to achieve a good PvE experience by playing NC.

That leaves us with PvP. Reaching PvP level is quite an achievement, PvP is really fun and it's a repeatable experience.

Thus I'm reasonably sure that there isn't more to NC other than its (killer) PvP.

Do feel free to pwn me in the face if there's something else to do in NC that I missed...
    Last edited by Herrad; 18-01-13 at 15:40. Reason: grammar!
    http://www.synth-soft.com/ - NC Implant Calculator
    {{{{{{{{{{OHM}}}}}}}}}}

Neocron Citizen

If i look around in my (perhaps limited but..) collection of friends that play games.
    (it varies from a family father that is VERY laid back to a crazy bulgarian that is beyond hard core.. )
    In almost every case they will play a game a longer time IF they need to earn their money and gear in a game then if they buy "currency" and powerlevel up to the end game.

Sure they will think its really cool to do the end game but if they havent played the game up to the endgame they havent gotten hoocked to the game, and since the next game is as easy to get to the end in they can just aswell change to that game.

Its like cheating in a game, i can guarantee that it diminishes the lenght you will want to stay in a game.

So i would say that a transfer would be bad in this case.
    And no i havent logged in to check the rarepart collection on terra, dont want to i want to keep this belief that i have.

/S

I would like to see a transfer. I have characters that have their origins from NC1. When most of my friends left for other
    games during the NC1 I continued to play but mostly soloing and crafting rares. With the transfer to NC2 we pretty much lost all gear/apartments and collections. At that time I totally refused to pay and play the game because all the time and effort I put into gearing up was "stolen". Now again seems that this is the plan and must say it sucks. For me its not the items but time that is taken away from me. I also got gear only gotten from GMs which again have been rewards for my time, which Imo shouldn't be taken away for any reason.

I have no idea of duped items and I know I don't have any so why should I be punished for things that others have done?

I understand that people want to protect a new servers economy but honestly, players already got several millions, clans have several thousands of rare tech parts and pretty much the only? items that are harder to get are MC5 implants. And seriously are the MC5 gear so overpowered that they needed a nerf on their drops?

There really isnt much content in when it comes to leveling, its a very boring grind and the game pretty much starts when one nears capped character.

Today was nice to see 42% on server but most effective leveling places were overcrowded and for what? I mean what kind of fun experience is there to have +10 people competing for the same mobs? Much more fun to put xp rate on fast leveling and let people enjoy of the end game. My guess is that a big amount of players are old NC players which are forced to relevel characters and already have experienced the end game before so I really dont see a point not making leveling faster.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kragar View Post
    so I really dont see a point not making leveling faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    If i look around in my (perhaps limited but..) collection of friends that play games.
    (it varies from a family father that is VERY laid back to a crazy bulgarian that is beyond hard core.. )
    In almost every case they will play a game a longer time IF they need to earn their money and gear in a game then if they buy "currency" and powerlevel up to the end game.
    I think this sums it up, I dont have time either and would rather not be able to compete with "the best" than you have my ability to compete with them handed to me.
    You explain your pain like we havent all felt it.... some of us grin and bare it until we realise that the pain is better than not.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678