Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I wonder how long people would stay on Titan plugging away with their toons and desperately waiting for a 100 level cster to log on (doubtless there wouldnt be too many at that time) and the constantly asking the other 90 or so (half the current peak) people if they had a high end tradeskiller etc before they got pissed off and logged back onto terra and forgot about the whole affair.
    I think within a few days there would be decent level tradeskillers on Titan, it doesn't take to long to level up a spy to 70 -80 DEX/INT using store bought drones.
    And there would be plenty of them willing to work and be available for the extra cash, because nc/cash would actually be worth something on Titan...

It's also possible that for every long time player that doesn't play on Titan and stays on Terra, or that outright quits, there would be a newcomer or two that would be more willing to stay on a fresh server, where they are not years behind in terms of levels/cash/epics/gear...

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Personally I wish you hadnt, however as a first post the lack of manners is noticeable at the very least and probably borderline rude.

As for end game pvp getting boring.... No. The PVP is the reason NC still exists. I think all of the RP'ers left years ago and anyone left in this game who only plays for the PVE needs their head examining as there are far better games for that than this. The op fighting and smack talk are the two things that keep us all coming back year after year.
    I was trying to be polite as I could, but that doesn't really work on the internet. I've been reading your posts for days and i just had to say something. I personally think the opposite on the PVE vs PVP; there are much better PVP games out there, and good PVE is hard to find.

Character only transfers aren't such a bad idea really and it gets rid of all the shitty duped weapons and money.

I would only be in favour of a something like 100k cash and your character, no imps/amour/QB. It's fair to say I would'nt want to cap a monks INT... but a spy, tank and especially PE can be capped relatively these days.

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

Quote Originally Posted by Dissenter View Post
    To clarify, I created my first character since NC1 only 2 weeks ago, so the thought of doing all that again is rather boring if anything. I agree the economy could do with a reset - but you could still do this to some extent even if some characters were transferred. There'd be no hoards of rares, and they can limit how many credits/items are pulled across.

Endgame pvp could get boring, but leveling all over again when you've recently done it already is more boring to me personally.

Surely they could find a compromise, I like the idea of clearing out the gutters and a new economy, but this would suck with less population as has been touched on above.
    It's funny, i'm in exactly the same position as you and I feel the same way... I guess i'm a little more willing to level again though.

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I think within a few days there would be decent level tradeskillers on Titan, it doesn't take to long to level up a spy to 70 -80 DEX/INT using store bought drones.
    And there would be plenty of them willing to work and be available for the extra cash, because nc/cash would actually be worth something on Titan...

It's also possible that for every long time player that doesn't play on Titan and stays on Terra, or that outright quits, there would be a newcomer or two that would be more willing to stay on a fresh server, where they are not years behind in terms of levels/cash/epics/gear...
    Exactly!

The earlier suggestion of allowing character transfers after people on Titan are capped is rather appealing, maybe they could do this after a certain time-scale. Say 1 or 2 months? I'd be happy to pay for that too. In fact, I'd then be tempted to start a new character on Titan in a class I've never played - then knowing I could later transfer my recently capped Tank would be a bonus and make me want to stay on the new server.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissenter View Post
    The earlier suggestion of allowing character transfers after people on Titan are capped is rather appealing, maybe they could do this after a certain time-scale. Say 1 or 2 months? I'd be happy to pay for that too. In fact, I'd then be tempted to start a new character on Titan in a class I've never played - then knowing I could later transfer my recently capped Tank would be a bonus and make me want to stay on the new server.
    Yes I suggested that and I wouldn't mind that option since its probably going to happen anyway.

just becuz its a fresh dont mean the dupers and cheaters cant come there and do the same. need a new patch and anti cheats with smarter GM's more then a new server.
    server-uranus

Xanu-Apu-78/63
    Yum Yum-PPU-86/63
    Got Bawls-PE/PC-74/71
    JohnnY SockO-SPY/Cster-0/61
    =xanu=-SPY/Ress/sniper 81/60
    [xanu]-Tank/HC-61/64
    Cluch-Tank/MC-58/58

To be honest i think what you guys should keep in mind that a lot of players from Mars and Mercury already re-rolled to Terra and started from the scratch not long time ago.
    Not to mention Mercury is already gone and people lost their beloved characters (i think^^).
    So what i think is that even a fresh start from the beginning at 0 isnt a bad idea (even some of you think leveling is boring...the thrill of getting killed everytime (almost) everywhere makes it worth going and level a new character again =). I mean i left 3 fullcapped woc characters on mars with tons of appas etc etc to start at terra a new character only for the reason to have some ppl around. Not to mention i like leveling/hunting rares/etc and i'm sure other players enjoy PvE as well.
    But ofc everyone has a different opinion (esp NC-players xD) so i wouldnt mind anything at all if i can get a server where my ping dont go up to 2000 every 4 minutes and i can play without getting blacksync everytime my drugs just ran out and i used new ones.

As for end game pvp getting boring.... No. The PVP is the reason NC still exists. I think all of the RP'ers left years ago and anyone left in this game who only plays for the PVE needs their head examining as there are far better games for that than this. The op fighting and smack talk are the two things that keep us all coming back year after year.[/QUOTE]

BINGO

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

i liek lvling and starting over on a fresh server,iksdee iksdee caret caret
    Inspector Mittens

Quote Originally Posted by LiL T View Post
    I think changing the HUD is allowed, have a browse around for the announcement.

Would not make a difference.

Its a European game, your argument is invalid.
    I never said you couldnt change the HUD, just the default is horrendous.... however you cant swap out to old models..

It would make a difference people actually get prosecuted at much higher rates maybe theyll think twice about DDoSing it.

How is it an invalid argument, I want it to be successful not just full of a bunch of broke euro trolls abandoning their own server to troll the English server.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckard View Post
    This is just a load of Bull...
    No its not at all

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    I was trying to be polite as I could, but that doesn't really work on the internet. I've been reading your posts for days and i just had to say something. I personally think the opposite on the PVE vs PVP; there are much better PVP games out there, and good PVE is hard to find.
    If you have a problem with my posts then feel free to discuss it with me privately. This petty sniping doesnt get anyone anywhere. I can handle a difference of opinion but there is no need to be an arse.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    [...]I personally think the opposite on the PVE vs PVP; there are much better PVP games out there, and good PVE is hard to find.
    better PvP system on MMOFPS other than NC, get out of town. please list a few. Oh i hope that those game aren't stuff like please wait for cooldown until next shot or use the special attack doing 500~750 damage + cooldown of 1200 sec stuff that are quite popular on WOW-ish mmos. please don't say planetside 2.

Terra is back up and loaded eerily fast. Cannot wait to hear more about what Titan will offer...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast