Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    There should be a good PvP squad ready to help the noob level team whenever they get attacked by gankers.

That would be something new and fresh. And this way there is also more PvP going on for the members of the Noob Protection Squad (NPS).
    i would join it too it will be fun i think... hmm or i join the gankers squad

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-Lustig View Post
    i would join it too it will be fun i think... hmm or i join the gankers squad
    There was something like that a couple years ago.
    Didn't exactly... end well. ^^'

Yes i have a few players who are almost completely new to the game i am helping. There is no way we are removing the LE, that's just retarded and asking for it. Shoot me a PM if anyone wants to join my timezone is EST
    Old Char Names: Skojax/Postagirl/Drevious/Prince/Thizzell Washington
    I now play 'Evil' on titan.. and i need frenz :'(

I'm pleased to report that the current population on Terra is higher than it's been all week.

Currently 83 online with no fewer than 30 in various wasteland zones
    Hoder
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Are you questioning the authority of the NEOCRON POLICE DEPARTMENT???«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

So far its seems to be same fun as usuall. Made my tank, left MC5 after a couple of missions done and went to P1. Met some friendly ppl (thx Kuma for the money and Resser-/Consterunit for the stuff) grabbed a captain mission and went for the aggicellar at P2. Got instant ganked. Ok genrep and into the aggi cellar at P1. Again killed by a high level. Thats how NC is but i can imagine a newcomer would instant leave the game ^^.

If you're in terra I would love to get adventuring with some new people

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Destroy View Post
    Okay, in how many years we meet again?

[hr]

I don't really know, what the problem is. Currently I'm leveling a pe as normally as possible. I do the mc5 mission, explore the mc5 cave, leveling in sewers, against beggars and mutants and currently it is still fun.
    I have many full capped chars on terra but my first rule on leveling this pe is: 1) Do not support yourself.
    It would be hard to cap or woc this char.. I know on PE it's really hard but possible.
    Sure you are right, the "I" experience is also cool, but there are places you can not explore on you own. What I wanted is to focus the "we" experience. Having fun together, not just alone and also helping people who want to enjoy the solo experience to make the most out of it.

There will also be some interesting stuff coming along for the RPers, more to be unvieled during the next days.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgefahrer View Post
    . Thats how NC is but i can imagine a newcomer would instant leave the game ^^.
    [fix]
    "Thats how NC is, but i can imagine, a newcomer would not remove his LE"
    [/fix]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Steiner View Post
    [fix]
    "Thats how NC is, but i can imagine, a newcomer would not remove his LE"
    [/fix]

Hahahaha true story i think i removed the LE on my first char at 45/40ish

I started almost ten years ago, when the LE increased the reqs on items and (afaik) reduced xp.

I think I took it out within a few moments of playing.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    I started almost ten years ago, when the LE increased the reqs on items and (afaik) reduced xp.

I think I took it out within a few moments of playing.
    I took my first LE out very quickly for the same reason - it slowed XP gain. Plus, the received wisdom from players and the forums was that the LE was pretty much a waste of space at the time. Ah but it was a different world back then.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

There is a distinct difference between being gunned down in the ruthless world that NC And griefing.....

Try to keep grief to a minimum people and they will enjoy like all of us the thrill of looking over your shoulder never sure that name that just popped up in local is not about to take you out....

Closed - Until Further Notice

I know everyone is eager to see NC get going again etc.. but be careful just how much you offer.

Personally, I tend to find that unless there is some challenge or goal to aim for then i loose interest. In NC there is both, and if those were handed to me (i know its only a helping hand being offered and not everything handed to the new guys), then i would loose interest rapidly. I was the same with any game, especially in the days when you were given cheats and stuff. You'd enter the cheat code, unlock god mode, have everything, and instantly the game became boring once you'd gone round and destroyed everything 100 times faster than you should.

Basically, guide, dont give. Advise people if you think they are getting in over theior head, or they are trying to do run before they can walk.

Give contruction for instance. I'm trying to figure out how to add silencers and scopes to my guns. Havent worked it out yet, although i have read almost all the helps on the tools availble and can now research somthing and put it on a data cube. I achieved that all by myself, and that encourages me to continue. (Please dont tell me how to do waht i just mentioned either )

Anyways, i hope you can get what i'm trying to say. Never have been too good at saying what im thinking. But i thinkyoull get the gist...

EDIT: Oh and you guys that like to shoot noobs for fun, your only killing yourself as those player will just get pissed off and quit neocron and tell all their mates its crap cos you just get ganked. It might be fun for you, but as i said, your only killing yourself, as eventually neocron will die off compleley and then we'll all be screwed!

Give the tree time to grow and drop seed for the next lot of trees before you cut it down! Youll only run out of tree's else!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Walker View Post
    EDIT: Oh and you guys that like to shoot noobs for fun, your only killing yourself as those player will just get pissed off and quit neocron and tell all their mates its crap cos you just get ganked. It might be fun for you, but as i said, your only killing yourself, as eventually neocron will die off compleley and then we'll all be screwed!
    Problem is, they simply don't care. They want to kill stuff and an easy target is better than a challenge. Telling them isn't going to work unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Problem is, they simply don't care. They want to kill stuff and an easy target is better than a challenge. Telling them isn't going to work unfortunately.

I know but worth a try. Hopefully they will realise that we dont have the population of other games such as Eve Online, WOW, or other games as such, and use a bit of intelligence to realise what "mature gaming" is all about.

........actually....forget it....i'm just pi**ing in the wind arnt I lol!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast