The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by =REMUS= View Post
    People stopped playing this game due to bugs, hackers wreaking the econemy, lack of updates/events/communication and general miss-management. Not because of the community or play style, from my experience.
    Pretty sure that was the reason why most of the vets left the game. But very few noobs could handle the amount of griefing that has always been in this game.

And Im not playing holy here or anything, I have probably helped quite a few noobs to leave the game..
    Not something that Im proud of and thank ... that we get older, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Pretty sure that was the reason why most of the vets left the game. But very few noobs could handle the amount of griefing that has always been in this game.

And Im not playing holy here or anything, I have probably helped quite a few noobs to leave the game..
    Not something that Im proud of and thank ... that we get older, huh?
    We get older and then we grow up and understand...

I spent many years killing new players not just in this game but in others eve being the most, from that I've learned one thing, I'm killing myself over and over because I use to be that noob, that player with no understanding, this does not make me a bad person though I'm only doing it because its fun. But for a long, long time I've went out of my way to help new players, I've came across newbies asking for a researcher and I'd just say give me that weapon and I'll build you a one with slots and they always think I've just robbed them lol because the process of buying all the parts and shit to build it takes a long time of logging between characters.

But yeah I've always loved helping people out but I've also always played in RP as a killer or a drug dealer and that normally is the first they see but many times I just PM them and say don't stress I'll help you and I do.

You're taking away a huge part of the experience of playing an mmo by handing everything to them on a silver platter, neocron is supposed to be a post-apocolypic world of strife and struggle. Sure level with them and explain things but don't take away any sense of accomplishment from them.
    The plan was never to babysit themor to service them everything on a silver platter. The main plan in the first place was to level together as a group in more unknown and fun places. Visiting the swamp caves, crystal caves and stuff like that. Showing them the world and exploring it together instead of just farming Regant over and over or just killing fire mobs or warbots. Additionaly, helping newbies out with equipment is always a good idea I think. This often motivates people to stay However, the help should not be of the form: "here you get this, get that, and you can leech xp from me while droning in Ceres labs". That's not fun, that's boring.

And one should also not forget: getting to know people and teaming up is not easy as LEed player, because you are not allowed to join a clan, so having a central "organization" or such where they can meet, get in touch with others, etc. would be great.

Sounds good to me and i'll probably join with a fresh made character (still missing a tank lol). I remember the times when we did level groups within the clan back on mars and got ganked so many times on different spots (clops ground/crp cave..raped by Hai Vish ...) was funny and so much adrenaline kicked in.
    Ofc NC-life is pretty hard and dirty but i would always lend a newbie a helping hand to get them started.

If anyone wants help or a leveling partner i am always game. just pm me here
    Old Char Names: Skojax/Postagirl/Drevious/Prince/Thizzell Washington
    I now play 'Evil' on titan.. and i need frenz :'(

I don't have any le'd chars, and all my slots are filled so I probably won't be leveling a new char any time soon, but I'm always up for ppu'ing (non-le) or defense against ganking (defending against gankers is way more fun than ganking, at least if the gankers actually show up :P)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

didnt they just re enable account creation? i thought that was the latest big news

for new players yes, but multiple accounts not atm (afaik to stop people from getting a hundred accounts).
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

People stopped playing this game due to bugs, hackers wreaking the econemy, lack of updates/events/communication and general miss-management. Not because of the community or play style, from my experience.
    agreed, the fact that leveling is dangerous (or slower with le), is the main reason I loved neocron. The opwar and endgame pvp is what makes me stay, but the sheer thrill of moving into the big-boy territories with my storebought sharpened knife is what gave me the most satisfaction and what kept me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines View Post
    I don't have any le'd chars, and all my slots are filled so I probably won't be leveling a new char any time soon, but I'm always up for ppu'ing (non-le) or defense against ganking (defending against gankers is way more fun than ganking, at least if the gankers actually show up :P)
    They will show up if they know there is a lvling team, they always show up, I'm saying this will prior knowledge of pking... Just think about it for a moment, a group actively advertising their existence as a noob lvling organisation, how many people are going to arrive to gank it? A lot but that does not prevent this idea working it actually enforces it, it shows the noobs that this game you can be killed anywhere without an LE chip and most people are tempted to take out their LE just over half way to fit another chip in to use that higher weapon.

You're of coarse welcome to provide protection services.

I have already been helping some new players learn the ropes. I got a noob PE going

Why don't we just wait for NC:R and start leveling together when it's released? Just my opinion concerning this topic...

Now called Kane Gregory Dark-Destroy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mizore View Post
    Why don't we just wait for NC:R and start leveling together when it's released? Just my opinion concerning this topic...
    Okay, in how many years we meet again?

[hr]

I don't really know, what the problem is. Currently I'm leveling a pe as normally as possible. I do the mc5 mission, explore the mc5 cave, leveling in sewers, against beggars and mutants and currently it is still fun.
    I have many full capped chars on terra but my first rule on leveling this pe is: 1) Do not support yourself.
    It would be hard to cap or woc this char.. I know on PE it's really hard but possible.

What do I want to say?
    It's really easy to explore PvE elements in NC and have a lot of fun additional u have someone with u leveling. If there are a new reactivaton wave, I would start with a new char too and have a lot of fun in level groups.

And sorry It's a false information if u think that only regant is occupied by level characters. My clan is often in different caves with a team leveling or collect stuff. Two weeks ago, we try to get the laserblade out of crystal cave and collect some. This week we are often in CRP Cave and Ceres Lab (not with rigger!). Sometimes in the week we have a small team in MC5 to collect implants for the clan and to sell to other players.

Sometimes I write some "new" experience with my pe on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/BruceWa39398692
    ==> current forum activity account: "Kane Gregory"

There should be a good PvP squad ready to help the noob level team whenever they get attacked by gankers.

That would be something new and fresh. And this way there is also more PvP going on for the members of the Noob Protection Squad (NPS).

Now called Kane Gregory Dark-Destroy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    There should be a good PvP squad ready to help the noob level team whenever they get attacked by gankers.

That would be something new and fresh. And this way there is also more PvP going on for the members of the Noob Protection Squad (NPS).
    I would join the team But the newbies could let their LE in
    ==> current forum activity account: "Kane Gregory"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast