Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
I believe I mentioned earlier, than some of the issues were caused by some DNS misconfiguration, so changing the MTA would not have fixed all the issues. The NST uses Exchange a lot, so I can't exactly go and replace it overnight with another MTA.

I don't consider Exchange an obscure technology. I see it more of a challenge to re-apply my skills and knowledge to fix the the problem.
You know as well as I do correctly configuring DNS takes all of 5 minutes

Try openchange its a protocol complete re-implementation of exchange. If you're looking for more of a "drop in" windows server ad/exchange/av/fileshares etc look at zentyal.

Gotta remember the overheads of exchange are immense which would free up a load of resource both compute and storage/ram for you to use else where. Barking up the windows tree is costing you serious time/money especially when you have better linux based skills available to you. Perhaps time to stop thinking like a big enterprise and start thinking like a 2/3 man band.

Just suggestions but I've just gone through exactly the same migrations with 2 of my clients both are 400+ members of staff and the cost savings have been insane let alone the administration time/costs on an ongoing basis. I'd much prefer you had solid ancillary services and so could spend more time working on the actual game code base I don't have loads of time available to me but could probably help out with a couple of hours a week if you need help with smaller bits to allow you to focus on the important stuff.