Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
When we get on the test server and we hear that special requests went from one person who lives in the same country as the lead dev and they did it. Like that day. Yet in previous iterations of testing, several attempts were made to call attention to severe issues there was no action. It feels like we're there for nothing. And it makes us desperate for attention.

We love Neocron. Won't Neocron love us back, like in public near the cool kid's table at lunch?
Okay, tell me exactly what do you want from me? Should I do some background check before starting conversation with players on the testserver to ensure that they're NOT german?

I am not able to spawn players on the testserver apart from that fact I did some changes based on suggestion from ppl around the world.

Unfortunately the most of the player are logging in doing the following steps:

Logging in, buying a gun (which was not changed so far), writing "LOL" and finally ragequitting... all I can say is:

Thank you VERY much....

The most comments are not very useful apart from that I am mostly "AFK" because I am debugging the client while I am staying online. I don't read all of the messages ingame thats why we have a forum - to post your ideas HERE instead of spamming it to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
Only passionate because... well you read my previous post. The Neocron Launcher isn't Steam. Steam isn't a game, or a game's specialized launcher. Nor is Origin, or uPlay. they don't distribute anything but the game. If the game fails to properly package the VC redists, the game fails to launch. That game will probably sell for .25cents US in the first Steam Sale it can wiggle its way in to.
As for the MSI packages, I assumed that may was beyond the scope of the patcher. That would clearly be the best way to do it.
The Neocron Launchers job is to keep the game files and content up to date - not your OS. Redists and all needed runtimes came with the installer (which is not ready yet). Steam does this in one step on the initial start but its NOT dropping random runtime DLLs into the game folder.

Next time you wan't me to drop single .NET Framework runtime files into gamefolder or do install a Windows - beause its needed to run Neocron.