Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
a grim for example can drop only 1 rare part and give 5k for a kill but thats pretty much worthwhile if its a solo kill not for a group... The effort it takes to kill these monsters compared to the reward is the real issue I'd say.

also it would be nice to have places people could hunt solo though.
Play more. Post less.

Obviously in response to the thread starter i was reffering to pve. That should have been as clear as a blue sky.

grims drop 1-3 rares btw. Im not nitpicking but the more you post the less i feel you really know about the topic you are discussing. I would advise to just take a step back and read more and listen to others (and that doesnt mean on the in game help channel) as you arent playing with all the facts at times it seems.

Range is not an exploit. its called using range. neither is cover.

Djs comment about oh i can do it fine with a pistol is so short sighted.

The reason for that is because you have to think about how it compares to other classes. The pistol guy doesnt have the advantage of range so will take far longer to kill a mob because of time spent healing as he gets bashed up more. This extends his effective hunting time and means that he is at a massive disadvantage out in the world compared a hc or rifle user. The melee user is even worse off than the pistol user. This, for anyone still confused, is why i said pistols and melee are a joke.

So how do u propose to fix this.

one option would be to scale back the mob damage of the mobs in the world. Make caves etc require a team and a ppu as yes they are indeed our versions of dungeons. It needs a healer to take the team through. chaos caves once upon a time could be done without one if the team wasnt dumb but by and large its easier and would make it much easier on people to level a pure ppu. You could show up at a cave entrance go "HAI" throw a heal on someone and instantly get in to the team. then you can level. This is a good thing.

It might actually mean changing mob ranks or having some kind of dungeon buff to scale them according to the challenge but this imo would be the best way to do it.

It would offer solo play for those who want it or team play (in the caves) and hopefully in time when the swamp caves etc are fixed and balanced plenty more spots to go to to farm.

So you can get a woc pistol and an ionic and shoot someone in the legs or what ever because thats what nc is all about.

/bows