Default [July 19th] 2 vs 2 Tournament!

Hello friends. In an effort to spice things up and add some content for the community (as well as potential recruiting material to bring in new players) I've decided to host a 2 vs 2 player tournament.

Sign up here in the thread with your team name/players and I'll mark you down here in the OP. I would like to participate as well, but I am currently a solo player; as of now the plan is for me to stream and record the event. However, if someone would like to be my partner then I can look into finding another player to stream/record instead.

Please leave what time of day works best for you and your partner. I'm hoping we can get at least 8 teams. If we get more, all the better.

Rules:

40k entry fee per team. Pot will be split in 70/20/10 format. Entry fee must be paid to myself (Brendan Murphy) prior to the tournament beginning.

1) All fights are Best of 3 until the Finals. Finals will be Best of 5. Fights will take place inside any of the Neofrag Arenas. Teams will randomly be assigned home and away designations; the home team will pick 1st/3rd map/arena. Away team will pick 2nd.

2) Teams may NOT have 2 of the same build on the same team. We want to see some spice and variety.

3) Teams are locked once the tournament begins. That means whatever characters you start the tournament with you must finish with.

4) Buffs must be cast after the round begins.

5) The round ends when one team has killed all players on the other team.

6) Rezzes are permitted if they can be pulled off.

7) The only thing you may drop/spawn inside the arena prior to the round beginning is extra ammunition/healing supplies/etc.

8) You may not move around the arena until the round has begun.

9) You may not leave the arena at any point in time during the round. After a round has ended, players can leave the arena if they need to bring something/switch up weapons.

10) The only players allowed in the arena will be the current teams participating, the judges, and streamers. Spectators will have to watch the fights via stream.

*If you can think of any rules or stuff that is too OP that should be banned, please feel free to post below.

Bump. Come on peeps. Content doesn't just create itself. You gotta put some effort in at least.

Would it be too much if we joined in?

But seriously...... get involved! I'm sure if there are any other GM's floating around we'll be able to assist if required, but not participate
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    Would it be too much if we joined in?

But seriously...... get involved! I'm sure if there are any other GM's floating around we'll be able to assist if required, but not participate
    Absolutely not! I would love it if you guys got involved. Put it on the Twitter/Facebook. Get the word out!

Hopefully this will help you out

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialNeo...54698351266333

If you'd like anything more specific deployed across our social channels, feel free to speak up and we can see what we can do. Thanks for taking the time to organise this, it should be a lot of fun!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Hopefully this will help you out

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialNeo...54698351266333

If you'd like anything more specific deployed across our social channels, feel free to speak up and we can see what we can do. Thanks for taking the time to organise this, it should be a lot of fun!
    Will do! Thanks so much for trying to help out. Keep spreading the word!

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post
    Hello friends. In an effort to spice things up and add some content for the community (as well as potential recruiting material to bring in new players) I've decided to host a 2 vs 2 player tournament.

Sign up here in the thread with your team name/players and I'll mark you down here in the OP. I would like to participate as well, but I am currently a solo player; as of now the plan is for me to stream and record the event. However, if someone would like to be my partner then I can look into finding another player to stream/record instead.

Please leave what time of day works best for you and your partner. I'm hoping we can get at least 8 teams. If we get more, all the better.

GP is finalizing several teams. Will post with lineups once they have them finished. I encourage other clans to sign up as well.

Rules:

500k entry fee per team. Pot will be split in 70/20/10 format. Entry fee must be paid to myself (Brendan Murphy) prior to the tournament beginning.

1) All fights are Best of 3 until the Finals. Finals will be Best of 5. Fights will take place inside any of the Neofrag Arenas. Teams will randomly be assigned home and away designations; the home team will pick 1st/3rd map/arena. Away team will pick 2nd.

2) Teams may NOT have 2 of the same build on the same team. We want to see some spice and variety.

3) Teams are locked once the tournament begins. That means whatever characters you start the tournament with you must finish with.

5) Rounds will be placed under a 2.5 minute timer. The round ends when one team has killed all players on the other team, or when time expires and one team has a clear advantage. This could mean either it is a 1 vs 2 when the time limit is reached, or in a 1 vs 1 where one player is full hp and the other is at 1 hit.

7) The only thing you may drop/spawn inside the arena prior to the round beginning is extra ammunition/healing supplies/etc.

9) You may not leave the arena at any point in time during the round. After a round has ended, players can leave the arena if they need to bring something/switch up weapons.

10) The only players allowed in the arena will be the current teams participating, the judges, and streamers. Spectators will have to watch the fights via stream.

*If you can think of any rules or stuff that is too OP that should be banned, please feel free to post below.
    Changes marked in red as per player feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by bmurph101 View Post

1) Team WOK - Truth and Mmartin

GP is also finalizing several teams. Will post with lineups once they have them finished. I encourage other clans to sign up as well.

Rules:

500k entry fee per team. Pot will be split in 70/20/10 format. Entry fee must be paid to myself (Brendan Murphy) prior to the tournament beginning.

5) Rounds will be placed under a 2.5 minute timer. The round ends when one team has killed all players on the other team, or when time expires and one team has a clear advantage. This could mean either it is a 1 vs 2 when the time limit is reached, or in a 1 vs 1 where one player is full hp and the other is at 1 hit.

*If you can think of any rules or stuff that is too OP that should be banned, please feel free to post below..
    Changes updated in red

Sorry I'm a little late in getting the THN to plug your event for you - but the event is now on the THN front page. http://www.techhaven.org/ and it will spread to it's social media channels soon.

What time is the event set to start and where?
    Last edited by Brammers; 19-07-15 at 01:50.

Hmmm... might stretch my legs....

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    Sorry I'm a little late in getting the THN to plug your event for you - but the event is now on the THN front page. http://www.techhaven.org/ and it will spread to it's social media channels soon.

What time is the event set to start and where?
    Sunday 10 AM PST.

If you guys think it would be best to delay it until next weekend, let me know.

Everyone who said they would come was too damn lazy to sign up. So I have no clue if there'll be one team or ten showing up.

Hey what is your Twitch name to watch the stream?

Quote Originally Posted by gypsiMoth View Post
    Hey what is your Twitch name to watch the stream?
    twitch.tv/bmurph101

Thanks! Is it still going to happen this Sunday at 10am PST?

Quote Originally Posted by gypsiMoth View Post
    Thanks! Is it still going to happen this Sunday at 10am PST?
    As of right now that's the plan. Worst comes to worst, if there's a limited number of teams I'll swap it into a 1 vs 1 tournament to add some depth.

I hope I don't have to, but we'll see. Thanks for your interest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast