Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    take 74 from a toxic ionic cannon.
    You do realise that a PE has the highest overall piercing resistance of any class bar a PPU?

Stay on topic DJ...that's a nub question.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Soft cap on runspeed and have weapons affecting your run speed properly when drawn like they used to. Heavy weapons having the highest speed reduction when drawn and pistols and spells the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    Soft cap on runspeed and have weapons affecting your run speed properly when drawn like they used to. Heavy weapons having the highest speed reduction when drawn and pistols and spells the least.
    simplicity often equals win.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

After thinking about runspeed a bit, I think to fix that, the first mechanism touched should be the resists and armor. If they have a bit more influence again, then it would make speccing them more interesting and PvE Damage would be reduced a bit.
    I think resists, armor and speed are directly related, while a soft cap might be the right solution. I feel speed alone cannot be the focus of the discussion of speed, one reason for the speeders must be that the points in the resists are not really worth it comapred to speed. Of course also a softcap in speed might making speccing resists again more attractive.
    The most important thing is not too change too much too much. Either one area quite a bit ore several areas a little bit. Too much at once is what broke the APU in the balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    Just to add: I think Spells and Melee would reduce the least, and Pistols only a very little bit.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    After thinking about runspeed a bit, I think to fix that, the first mechanism touched should be the resists and armor. If they have a bit more influence again, then it would make speccing them more interesting and PvE Damage would be reduced a bit.
    I think resists, armor and speed are directly related, while a soft cap might be the right solution. I feel speed alone cannot be the focus of the discussion of speed, one reason for the speeders must be that the points in the resists are not really worth it comapred to speed. Of course also a softcap in speed might making speccing resists again more attractive.
    I have said this for ages.. Speccing for resists is just stupid currently (and was before the current live-patch aswell).
    The weapons mostly used, does too much damage no matter how good your resists are. So it is always a MUCH better idea to be fast, and avoid getting hit as much as possible.

This is however a part of the Whole balancing thing.. Uh and IMO, runspeed shouldnt be touched before some balancing starts.. Just imagine a Dissy/AK spy that doesnt miss, because your too slow to miss.. Or a Dev tank..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post

Just to add: I think Spells and Melee would reduce the least, and Pistols only a very little bit.
    Yeah, that's it. From greatest to least speed reduction while drawn would be something like:
    Heavy > Rifle > Pistol > Melee > Spells (then maybe tools and the like)
    Last edited by Netphreak; 20-02-13 at 19:22.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

I'm not sure which should be done first, armour/imps/resists or runspeed. The former though is a far more involved task however, so delaying any runspeed alteration until afterwards would mean a significant time before a PvP balancing effort was seen to have been made. It's a bit political, but if nothing's happening, people are going to get grumpy.

Also, as to the resist issue, the problem is what most people have specced, generally high energy and piercing, maybe a little fire. Any increase above this already inflated value is of course going to be minimal, so resists/armour don't seem to do much in many people's eyes.

As I suggested in another thread, if weapons mods made the primary damage of a weapon the modded dmg type, you would see people making bigger choices about their armour/resist setups and would notice the differences in different armour/resist values a lot more.

That's not to say of course that the resistance to resist/armour curve is fine, but personally I think the runspeed issue being addressed would make people look at resists more than a resist fix would make people look at lowering their runspeed.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Also, as to the resist issue, the problem is what most people have specced, generally high energy and piercing, maybe a little fire. Any increase above this already inflated value is of course going to be minimal, so resists/armour don't seem to do much in many people's eyes.
    Pretty precise there.. I usually have about 30% fire/xray/poison resists and 55-60% energy resists. And 50-60% piercing resists.
    75 HLT (that is WITH a drug), and the rest is being dumped into ATL. I have specced like this for years though.. And the people who have fought me in the past knows that it has worked quite well (for me at least ).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Run speed is the first thing to fix. it is also the number one problem with pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Arista Barret View Post
    Run speed is the first thing to fix. it is also the number one problem with pvp.

Slow it down and you make it about aim all over again. Real skill. NC1 style.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Slow it down and you make it about aim all over again. Real skill. NC1 style.
    This would also make pvp more competitive for entire community. runspeed is also something that effects all classes. it is a standard variable that must be considered in all setups.

The REAL Walker

Slowing this down without making other changes will make some weapons too powerfull I fear..
    It will then be easy to get constant hits with Dissy, AK and Dev. No amount of resists can safe you from those weapons if constantly hitting, currently.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Slowing this down without making other changes will make some weapons too powerfull I fear..
    It will then be easy to get constant hits with Dissy, AK and Dev. No amount of resists can safe you from those weapons if constantly hitting, currently.
    Dude I hear what you're saying and you are totally right but lets be fair here. They have to start somewhere. We know the balancing is coming and this would be an issue early on but you can't build a house without first laying a few foundations can you?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Dude I hear what you're saying and you are totally right but lets be fair here. They have to start somewhere. We know the balancing is coming and this would be an issue early on but you can't build a house without first laying a few foundations can you?
    I know, Im just afraid that a speed nerf will hit LONG before the actual balancing starts.
    Nothing should be done to the speed "problem" before the volunteers are completely ready to start with the balancing.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast