Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by kg-ua View Post
    As for me, I do not play NC now because of those annoying defects related to zoning. Those crashes are so destructive and kill the strongest desire to play even the free game. I think the time has come to stop using such paradigm as zoning, we are in 2012, not 2002/2003 when I started playing NC with my friends and we did not care about zoning crashes. I hope NC:R will fix this and the game will be playable. Migration to Unity engine is a good chance to fix all this. Kirk, what do you think about zoning, are you going to remove it?

Also I have a question related to the choice of a platform, why not, for example, Unreal Engine?
    probably because unreal engine is incredibly expensive, and massive overkill for the goals of neocron:reloaded (which is to use the old art assets instead of making new ones).

And playing without zoning would be possible with unity, as it can stream levels in the higher licenses, but would be difficult to implement, also because the neocron world doesn't actually fit together in 3d.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Can't wait for this!

I have a lot of catching up to do as I've only just gotten into Neocron, but this should be awesome and I have so much respect for Kirk for sticking to his guns and pursuing something that he loves to do and not just giving up or selling out or whatever like so many game developers do. Well done mate!

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Just curious is this plan to create Neocron Reloaded still going or is it on hold.

Also I'm hoping that we will have the option to run the game via a local client aswell as browser. I tend to have alot of stuff open on my browser while gaming and when flash decides to do it's usual and lock up the browser for a while I wouldn't want it affect the game.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

that would be only answered by Kirk Lenke! the KK staff, who are contributing to the game, aren't probably part of the plan of nukklear, as far as i know.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
    that would be only answered by Kirk Lenke! the KK staff, who are contributing to the game, aren't probably part of the plan of nukklear, as far as i know.
    Ah, I see. I've just come back to NC after briefly coming back for 2.2 and wondering what had happened to the game. lol

Well, hopefully something will come of it/out of all this.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223