Quote Originally Posted by MadMeleeFreak
    Still I think giving constructive input can't be given too early.
    Don't wanna spoil the enthusiasm bt i doubt that some or any of the ideas here for NC:R will make it... I don't expect too many changes to the game. The ideas are good of course, but will most like not make it into the Reloaded Neocron.
    I see NC:R as the only way to the NC we got NOW back on track, in the way it was meant to be before thing went bad. I doubt a mayor revamp will happen, like seamless zoning etc. They will probably get StockX working, the netcode fixed and some other stuff like AI - but i somehow doubt they will be able to reinvent the game. IF they can continue with NuKKlear at all.

And the more features we suggest for NC:R the more they will feel the urge to implement, drawing resources from NC3, so i think its better that we put the suggestions into the NC3-threads.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

StockX works fine right now. I mean, it's hard to tell just how much player actions effect it, but you can buy and sell shares all you like.

There's also good reason to believe ALL programming will have to be done again, so some significant changes aren't unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    There's also good reason to believe ALL programming will have to be done again, so some significant changes aren't unreasonable.
    I agree. While they are reimplementing the Game-Logic anyways there's not much loss to some tweaks here and there. Any Idea though that involves serious level building or asset production i would not expect to happen with NC:R.

there's a difference however between tweaking and inventing a whole new algorythm/mechanic.

and cmaster, since when does stockx work again? afaik it was disabled years ago cuz of exploits. (I've never been able to buy any stocks)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

There are certain features that NEED to be addressed otherwise it will be a turn off for incoming gamers. Zone lines is one of them. It makes NC seem instantly dated. Which is bad during the crucial "first impression" phase of trying out a new game.

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    there's a difference however between tweaking and inventing a whole new algorythm/mechanic.

and cmaster, since when does stockx work again? afaik it was disabled years ago cuz of exploits. (I've never been able to buy any stocks)
    StockX has worked for the vast majority of NC2. However, you can only buy and sell during trading hours (like 09:00 to 18:00 ingame time). The fact that it doesn't give a sensible error for trading outside of these time (and outside the maximum amount of stocks, 5000 I think) means lots of people think it is broken.

Edit: Confirmed. StockX is in operation between 09:00 and 20:00. I just successfully bought 500 ASG shares and sold 100 Hovercab shares that I already owned. Interestingly, presumably due to the lack of players buying anything much, lack of clans owning ops etc, a LOT of stocks are currently sat at 1nc per share.

Edit2: I remember that when I revealed this to Zhurks, he sank many 10s or 100s of millions into stocks. I hope he sold them at some point before now.
    Last edited by CMaster; 04-04-12 at 22:45.

When do they plan to release NC Reloaded?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by kg-ua View Post
    I wouldnt hold my breath..

Not saying that it wont come, but its probably gonna take at least a year or three

The estimated development time is only 1 year, but they have to get funding first.

I wish the NC Reloaded does not crash so often while zoning. It would be legendary if they removed the zoning at all

I wish the NC Reloaded does not crash so often while zoning. It would be legendary if they removed the zoning at all
    In my opinion NC:R will run in a kind of "emulator" in the browser (which is the Unity engine) and the code of NC has not be changed at all for that, or only marginally.

So most resources will go into making it work in that kind of emulator. Like the Battlefied browser game, or the Quake browser game.

That's why one year until release is realistic, in my opinion.

However, I think that is the reason why we should not expect any significant changes to the code itself and to the game therefore, other than additions to the artwork and maps.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    In my opinion NC:R will run in a kind of "emulator" in the browser (which is the Unity engine) and the code of NC has not be changed at all for that, or only marginally.

So most resources will go into making it work in that kind of emulator. Like the Battlefied browser game, or the Quake browser game.

That's why one year until release is realistic, in my opinion.

However, I think that is the reason why we should not expect any significant changes to the code itself and to the game therefore, other than additions to the artwork and maps.
    They will be rewritting the code (my guess) as they dont have an option.
    Sure they could "emulate" the game in the browser, but what is the point? If they do not rewrite the code and remove the bugs, exploits, etc. then there is no point in doing any of it at all.

you can't emulate a c++ game in a c#/javascript engine like unity. Unity is not even close to an emulator. The game will have to be rewritten from the ground up. Algorithms can be used, but must all be rewritten.

tho a year until release is realistic once development starts, KK first have to actually start work on it. Seeing as their site says they also have 4 other games to work on, I doubt even if they have already started, it will be a year from now.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines View Post
    you can't emulate a c++ game in a c#/javascript engine like unity. Unity is not even close to an emulator. The game will have to be rewritten from the ground up. Algorithms can be used, but must all be rewritten.

tho a year until release is realistic once development starts, KK first have to actually start work on it. Seeing as their site says they also have 4 other games to work on, I doubt even if they have already started, it will be a year from now.
    Thanks for clarifying that, I had made an assumption there about the nature of the Unity engine.

Porting C++ Code to C# should be possible in a realistic timeframe. So there lies the work then.

I guess there won't be much time left for other things than the port itself in that year.

The other games could be done by different developers or after NC:R.

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    They will be rewriting the code (my guess) as they dont have an option.
    Sure they could "emulate" the game in the browser, but what is the point? If they do not rewrite the code and remove the bugs, exploits, etc. then there is no point in doing any of it at all.
    I think there is a point in that, and that is to bring the game fast to the market. That's the reason why the same thing was done for Battlefield and Quake. The company can reuse most of the code and artwork and have the game ready very fast.

This aproach can be positive for us because if it works out and people play and pay there will be progress. This progress could be bugfixing (hopefully), new content, or new features.

However, we cannot know it, this is all speculation :-)

I just hope that NC will continue to exist, in whatever incarnation.

Regards

As for me, I do not play NC now because of those annoying defects related to zoning. Those crashes are so destructive and kill the strongest desire to play even the free game. I think the time has come to stop using such paradigm as zoning, we are in 2012, not 2002/2003 when I started playing NC with my friends and we did not care about zoning crashes. I hope NC:R will fix this and the game will be playable. Migration to Unity engine is a good chance to fix all this. Kirk, what do you think about zoning, are you going to remove it?

Also I have a question related to the choice of a platform, why not, for example, Unreal Engine?