Talking

The worst parts not the bright light they use to check the back of your eye its that stupid machine that blows high pressure air into your eye to check its health, man i hate that thing.

P.S the bill they give you for your new glasses is one hell of a shock aswell

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

--
    Quote Originally Posted by nellus
    its that stupid machine that blows high pressure air into your eye to check its health, man i hate that thing.
    --

;o
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Un-Registered User

i used to wear glasses but seems my eye corrected itself due to my very young age at that time....now i have 20/20 vision
    So all i say is get urself checked and maybe others too, who play heavily on here or even in front of a screen alot, and if u need to wear glasses then wear them u wouldnt want ur eyesight to get worse.

So Just wear glasses if u need them or contacts and always play NC in a well lit room and tbh, ppl should be having X amount of minutes of break from nc every so often.

Just get urself checked and dont leave it till its to late!

im gonna entertain a little humour to this thread and i hope its takeing in jest by all reading but.......

At least dj you now have a new excuse for being shit at pvp

In seriousness i hope everythin goes ok for you.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

DJ isnt actually shit at pvp he just loves his judges which in time shud be fixed

But aye i have worn glasses since about 7 years old and my eye sight is actually incredibly bad :P but you get used to it

its an old joke. im sure he gets it. (just read his location.)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I do, and it's not that bad.....

...yet...

Blog Entries

teehee Given the subject, and the starting off with a story about your shoulder, I totally thought this was going somewhere else, i.e. "zomg I have hairy shoulders and back!"

You're far from old, ya whippersnapper. I bet more of your vision problems come from playing video games and less from being old :P Ooh that sounded overly mothering.
    Danae
    Account Management & Player Support
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

FacebookTwitterIRCPlay Neocron!Support RoutesRules of Conduct

When I saw an optician 10 years ago, cause my right eye "was" fucked up, she says « don't worry little dude, this is only a '18 years old myopia', just use those 79.95$ glasses when driving or going to the cinema and you'll be fine soon ».

Well I'm still waiting for things to fix by themselves... and no, I will never be a green beret sniper cause my dominant is the right one too. Won't be able to read a pannel above 30 mph on a highway either

Video games and computers indeed. Let's hope eye implants are out soon.

edit : now I do understand your recent avatar change hrhr >_<
    Last edited by Zeninja; 18-05-07 at 00:38.

Genetically Enhanced Tank naimex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    teehee Given the subject, and the starting off with a story about your shoulder, I totally thought this was going somewhere else, i.e. "zomg I have hairy shoulders and back!"

You're far from old, ya whippersnapper. I bet more of your vision problems come from playing video games and less from being old :P Ooh that sounded overly mothering.
    It's okay, you're allowed to care for all of us

As long as it's you

@DJ: Not to scare you away or anything, but I saw this thing on tv the other day, where this thing came out of the thing infront of the eye of the person that was at the optician thingy, and it blew air into his eye... it looked like it hurt.

Personally I hope I never get to that, I have very sensitive eyes, when it comes to touchy feely, blowy airy thingy into it.

A way you can play around with your eye thingy using your mind, is by closing the eye you can focus on, and try to navigate your depth perception with the "bad" eye, that way you force the eye to see everything.

According to more and more scientists, playing computer games is actually better for your eyes, for the exact same reason as the above mentioned "test".

Because if you play games like counterstrike, neocron or stuff like that, you are forced to pay attention to all those tiny people coming at you from all over, and all that, so you through pvping, force your eyes to notice everything, keep track of everything, faster than normal people, which would give you a benefit in many other aspects of your life, like driving, hunting, checking out chicks and chickens.

So a theory of mine, is that you have in fact not used your "bad" eye too much, but instead used your "good eye" too much, or looked at the monitor or something else, from a slight angle, which would cause one of your eyes to be at a more optimal range and angle of sight than the "bad" one, which would make it the dominant, no matter what the rest of your body says.

The air being blown into your eye doesnt hurt, it tickles! Its to test for hypoglaucimia or something (spelt wrong), so its worth getting.

I had contact lenses once, sat down watching TV, or reading a book, or doing something, and it came apart in my eye, quite painful, very eye watering.

Worst part about contacts, where they use a toothpick to roll your eyelid up, or when the optician puts them into your eye, or spending an hour trying to get one in, then finding your eye is so sore you got to take it out, so spending an hour trying to take it out

Laser treatment looks good, they cut open your eye with a laser, so that when it heals it corrects the fault, i'ma stick with being half blind though, but they were right, you do go blind!

And no DJ, you aint getting old, I'm 31 on Monday you wee youngster

Anna - lexx if you dont get that out of your sig im never talking to you again, and you know i mean that

The worst part with contact lenses is getting home early morning after one hell of a drunken night, staggering to the bathroom and spending 20 mins or more trying to get that one contact lense out not realising the bloody thing fell out hours ago. Certainly irritates your eye.

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxuk
    The air being blown into your eye doesnt hurt, it tickles! Its to test for hypoglaucimia or something (spelt wrong), so its worth getting.

I had contact lenses once, sat down watching TV, or reading a book, or doing something, and it came apart in my eye, quite painful, very eye watering.

Worst part about contacts, where they use a toothpick to roll your eyelid up, or when the optician puts them into your eye, or spending an hour trying to get one in, then finding your eye is so sore you got to take it out, so spending an hour trying to take it out

Laser treatment looks good, they cut open your eye with a laser, so that when it heals it corrects the fault, i'ma stick with being half blind though, but they were right, you do go blind!

And no DJ, you aint getting old, I'm 31 on Monday you wee youngster
    Wow you really don't like the fact that there is alterns to glasses do ya ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy
    I'm only scared of what they might tell me, not what they do. I really don't want to be loosing my sight at 24.
    You could be like Beethoven, only instead of being a legendary composer, you just played a videogame for a really long time. Maybe you could get your own npc.

Quote Originally Posted by naimex
    According to more and more scientists, playing computer games is actually better for your eyes, for the exact same reason as the above mentioned "test".

Because if you play games like counterstrike, neocron or stuff like that, you are forced to pay attention to all those tiny people coming at you from all over, and all that, so you through pvping, force your eyes to notice everything, keep track of everything, faster than normal people, which would give you a benefit in many other aspects of your life, like driving, hunting, checking out chicks and chickens.

So a theory of mine, is that you have in fact not used your "bad" eye too much, but instead used your "good eye" too much, or looked at the monitor or something else, from a slight angle, which would cause one of your eyes to be at a more optimal range and angle of sight than the "bad" one, which would make it the dominant, no matter what the rest of your body says.
    Bullshit. Or totally off topic remark at least.

Potentially increasing brain capabilities on processing visual data has absolutely nothing to do with the physical damages you take from spending half-a-life staring at dumb screens.

No need to be a scientist to admit it, that's just common sense.

DJ's just an old one-eyed cunt and you're on the same highway to hell, just deal with it fool.

Z
    Last edited by Zeninja; 19-05-07 at 00:50.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast