Default Whats the new secret to pvp?

Odd question I realise but in the old days I could aim and kill people fine, even good players I could put up a good fight, these days though people just run through me or close to me and my camera throws a hissy fit while trying to keep the lock on but they don't seem to suffer at all.

Whats the secret? some new plan for fighting must have come through when I was away as it was never this impossible, and by impossible I don't mean its hard to steady the aim I mean I try but then cos of the changing camera position cos of them running through me it shoots off in a random direction (mostly I think due to be stuck in walls) so its literally not possible to keep the aim. How do you solve this? set the cam distance really close? or is there something else to fix it.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Cam distance closer probably wouldn't hurt. Some areas are just horrible for cameras, pepper1 ramp area outside of the club being one.

One of the most crucial tips I've found is lock your fps at 60 with a 3rd party program. I use nvidia inspector. It really smooths out character movement so you don't get the whole "Press left mouse to shoot, oh wait they micro-teleported out of my crosshair and I missed" problems.

Learn the area well enough to not cause yourself so many problems. Lowering the camera distance does help but it throws off my movements. This problem is very bad for heavy combat. My best solution has been altering my own movements and not allowing my camera to contact walls when turning a corner. It ends up being like side-strafing around edges. In small areas with a close fighter, back out and allow him to run into your retical and hope he is going to chase. You should be able to find certain spots that greatly reduce your camera problems. I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Cam distance closer probably wouldn't hurt. Some areas are just horrible for cameras, pepper1 ramp area outside of the club being one.

One of the most crucial tips I've found is lock your fps at 60 with a 3rd party program. I use nvidia inspector. It really smooths out character movement so you don't get the whole "Press left mouse to shoot, oh wait they micro-teleported out of my crosshair and I missed" problems.
    yeah .. fps locking helps a lot..

but otherwise: train hard and get better.. I know it is a kind of stupid answer for your problem.

High Weapon Lore helps too for aim cap.

Spending more time in game fighting a superior opponent and less time on the forum making these threads would be a start.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post

... train hard and get better ...
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Spending more time in game fighting a superior opponent ...
    Practice makes perfect.
    A start would be to get a good PVPer + PPU and practice for 2 or 3 hours. Im sure you will notice that your aim, movement etc improves over time. Also he can give you some pointers on what you are doing wrong or what you can do better.
    Also consider working on your setup, NSkill is very very helpful for that!

Well thanks for tips though sadly there isn't any magic answer about camera I was hoping for =p I think I'm just cursed to always be bad at fighting spies, I've always had the issue that I can say kill a tank with ease then that tank will kill a spy with ease who slaughters me. I just don't get what it is spies are just my kryptonite it seems. Most important thing I've relearnt though is to shoot the legs, damn that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Spending more time in game fighting a superior opponent and less time on the forum making these threads would be a start.
    hammer...nail....head
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    hammer...nail....head
    I'd more say hammer thumb ow for that comment, the fighting superiors is fine but the other bit is a bit silly as that would imply posting 24/7 when its now and then I check. Indeed it seems more like a trolly reply than anything so the hammer is indeed far from the mark

Due to slower movement speed more externaldistance is better now. (you cant really run around people and make it harder for them to aim you anymore)
    Since rifles got nerfed pistols + 2-5 ionic pistols are better since it's a lot easier to finish people off with ionics.
    Tanks are far superior to any class in situations where you can't use stealth to your advantage now. (basicly any situation with ppu, thats not a big fight/opfight)
    PP1 is the new lowbob pvp lamefest sector now and you have to get used to the walls where your cam bounces off.

That's what i gathered so far. I wouldn't bother with pp1 too much though, since it has nothing in common with PvP outside of Neocron City.

I never liked the ionic shotgun weapons. Hell of a dmg and ppl carry ~4 of them in their belt. Feels wrong. Just sayin'.

Would like to hear other opinions.

Why carry more than one....

Can't swap before the gun reloads like the old days. Catch up with the times people. Use different ammo mods maybe but that's the only reason to carry more now.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Well, now that you mention it I noticed something was different swaping items in the quickbelt but never gave it a second thought.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Why carry more than one....

Can't swap before the gun reloads like the old days. Catch up with the times people. Use different ammo mods maybe but that's the only reason to carry more now.
    You can still quickswap 'em.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Aye you can indeed, you need to time it perfectly for it to work and as such some people have setup macros to do it for them but you still can do it.

And aye robot pp is a bit crappy and is pretty much the anti my fighting style as I liked to try and keep my distance, but sadly its the only place pvp happens right now except in OP wars, sure I could go out into the world hunting but all you find these days is le people farming or low level people. We need to try and seize on the idea somebody had and move the fun fight pvp to battle dome. The only problem with that is a ppu would be needed at all times as theres no zoneline so each fight would mean a 10-15min wait for another without 1 and it would be susceptible for certain clans to bring a whole OP team to ruin the fun like I've seen happen in pp1.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast