So you are going to play the lone wolf all the way through your nc career? You are the perfect target for people to fight then, no clan mates no friends. You are easy pickings for any idiot with a Cursed Soul.

You refuse to team up with anyone or join a clan but when you get killed you come to the forum and complain you got killed.

If you want to avoid being killed I suggest you take some of the advice offered in your thread or just take the pain.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    not sure what you mean. i've almost capped this char by now and i've been hunting wbs on my own since "the incident" and done 3 epics. never seen a single player during hunting and will most likely woc my char this way. i'm just sorry i pulled my le before woced so i can't be joining any leveling hot spots. i'm not even considering teaming up with any other non-le because they very well just might stab me in the back.
    See but this is where you're missing out bud.

I'm out leveling with my buddies, hunting WBs and stuff. We've all got our LEs out and we're having fun. Sometimes we run into someone and you look at each other wondering whether you're going to end up fighting each other or whether you leave each other in peace.

It becomes alot more fun when you're playing with others

Especially when the LE is out!

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    So you are going to play the lone wolf all the way through your nc career? You are the perfect target for people to fight then, no clan mates no friends. You are easy pickings for any idiot with a Cursed Soul.

You refuse to team up with anyone or join a clan but when you get killed you come to the forum and complain you got killed.

If you want to avoid being killed I suggest you take some of the advice offered in your thread or just take the pain.
    i'm not refusing to join a clan. it might just be difficult to find one that isn't bothered by my requirements. it's not as if i was making this shit up on the go. also i don't think joining a clan would help my cause much, because i would still be killed, when i'm soloing the wastes or joining a level hot spot like regants.

so yeah. i will have to take the pain like you so formidably described. that doesn't mean i have to like it or be content with the changes that led to this decision, hence my crying on the forums.

you don't like some changes either (sl?) and cry on the forums, what's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i'm not refusing to join a clan. it might just be difficult to find one that isn't bothered by my requirements. it's not as if i was making this shit up on the go. also i don't think joining a clan would help my cause much, because i would still be killed, when i'm soloing the wastes or joining a level hot spot like regants. so yeah. i will have to take the pain like you so formidably described. that doesn't mean i have to like it or be content with the changes that led to this decision, hence my crying on the forums. you don't like the sl changes either and cry on the forums. you will just have to adapt, like i did, or move on.
    You don't have to necessarily join a clan. Just make some friends! If you die maybe they can come rez you and you can go on a revenge run by trying to find the guy that killed you, etc etc.

The possibilities are endless

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    Sometimes we run into someone and you look at each other wondering whether you're going to end up fighting each other or whether you leave each other in peace.
    This is EXACTLY why Neocron is still more thrilling than 90% of games out there to this day.. This is where the real emotional experience comes from because there is serious risk involved as well as total unpredictability as you are dealing with other real people. You have to deal with the frustration of being pk'ed from time to time(or all the time if you hang out around popular spots out in the open) but all of the moments in between are heightened with excitement because death can be right around the corner and anyone could be a friend or foe. I mean how many other games do you go run and hide in a dark corner, and feel your heart rate double and your palms get all sweaty frmo excitement/fear , when you see a potential enemy in the distance, hoping they don't find you? I mean some perhaps but you aren't really that concerned because what's the worst that can happen(if it even happens at all). With this the gameplay experience is more than just leveling, finding loot and being another hamster on a treadmill doing the same old things over and over for these virtual carrots that are constantly dangled infront of your face. In neocron the emotional experience is so much more real because of everything you described and is exactly why I take my LE out the moment my character is created, well that and the increased XP gain + additional slot for an implant.

As SilentEye said it gets even better when you are working with a group. And even better than all of this is when it's your turn to be on the other side, hopefully picking fair fights, all of that excitement is quadrupled when you get into fights. None of this exists in any other game I've played and it's why Neocron keeps people hooked to this day

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Remove LE and leveling from this game.

Leveling is meaningless anyway.

Rethink what to do with RP/PvE-people and PvP.
    FoM tried that,didn't turn out too well
    Inspector Mittens

I have never cried about anything in nc. I think you're missing the point. Alas. Never mind.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface_Speak View Post
    FoM tried that,didn't turn out too well
    FoMk tried a lot of things (probably too many), however one thing it got right was the player generated missions. Awesome idea and concept that actually worked and also brought players together.

But hey, I've gone off topic

To be absolutely fair, out of all the clans that I've hopped around, not one of them including the one i'm in now have been concerned about me not having "the time" to join one. LE's being taken out for a reason, risk vs. reward. You want that extra xp? You have to earn it, how do you earn it? Simply knowing how to level without getting ganked. Even if you take the risk of going somewhere you don't want to level simply because it's not enough XP, you're trading for going somewhere you can safely level and get gimped because it's too easy to just level a character. The GM's/Devs whoever made a great decision including this in the recent patch, because people are taking advantage of leveling way too much and in order to keep traffic flowing they can't always look at what people call the "carebear" approach. It wouldn't make sense to simply have a bunch of LE'd people talking trash to other LE'd players. It would make tradeskilling useless, it would make LE'd players look dumb (not saying the majority aren't already), and more importantly it would kill the game. Showing some respect for the PVP'ers was exactly what they needed to do, and that's what this patch pretty much did.

Truth being told: You're mad that you can't handle the situation accordingly because of your lack of rational thinking. Being too soon to take the LE out, please... you should of been proud that you made that decision. You know how much respect you get for taking it out early? It what differentiates you from a man and a boy, a woman from a girl, accept your love son.

Being too soon to take the LE out, please... you should of been proud that you made that decision. You know how much respect you get for taking it out early? It what differentiates you from a man and a boy, a woman from a girl, accept your love son.
    I agree. I've probably given away 5million nc to random uncapped un-LE i'd see in Pepper Park, just because they have the balls to play the game properly.

Quote Originally Posted by roseyparks View Post
    Truth being told: You're mad that you can't handle the situation accordingly because of your lack of rational thinking.
    Well without ripping him a new asshole it could just be that he didn't know, or look too much into, other viable leveling spots. But I imagine after asking around, and reading this thread he has a much better idea of where to go now. There was a reply a couple threads back that really made a good point and that is that now that you don't have an easy option to level in the popular spots you have the wonderful opportunity of exploring the world of neocron and finding all those amazing nooks and crannies that most of us took years to discover

Lol I gave a MOVEON I had just gotten to some random non-LE tank the other day. Along with 50k. I think he was like /25.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Lol I gave a MOVEON I had just gotten to some random non-LE tank the other day. Along with 50k. I think he was like /25.

Did he take it off you and go "what the fuck is this shit" and throw it back at you like a homeless person you give food to instead of money?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I love the elaborate Bs griefers give of why you should take your LE out so they can PK you otherwise your a stupid idiot, lmfao.

Get real

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 18-05-13 at 18:27. Reason: Flaming

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast