I agree splitting the server isn't quite there yet. But a US GM would help. And the possibility of things going on in game, events or activities other than the scripted game run ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    I agree splitting the server isn't quite there yet. But a US GM would help. And the possibility of things going on in game, events or activities other than the scripted game run ones.
    An Event GM is needed/good idea for US. A nicely thought out spawn event couple times a week with a GM to support could help get the community motivated. I know it's hard for the current GM's to give much more time than they already do. Those guys have personal lives of their own as well as spending time balancing! I can imagine it can be a handful. Even if the GM doesn't have all the regular powers as a normal GM they can be on to field questions Noobs might have during the US prime time. Just my 2 cents. I'm guilty of not really logging for nothing more than to say hello on ooc but i will try more!

Has the NST tossed around the idea of having community leaders to help fill in where GMs are missing? There are a few US players on pretty much every night helping/assisting that would qualify.

Just having some folks who have the knowledge and abilities could help quite a few players and they don't necessarily have to have all of the GM powers.

former king of saturn

It would probably make sense to have a NA ambassador. The problem as I see it is: How do you define/cone their role and ensure that they are consistently present instead of a being a total flake or power trippin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    It would probably make sense to have a NA ambassador. The problem as I see it is: How do you define/cone their role and ensure that they are consistently present instead of a being a total flake or power trippin'?
    It'd have to be something along the lines of somebody in Stormbot armor with full 120/120 stats but without the ability to wield a weapon, or do any GM specialty stuff. Just somebody there with a lot of knowledge and some tradeskills.

A normal vetting process would work to ensure the person is the correct pick for the job.

Why not give them the normal powers of ever other GM? There should be an American/Canadian GM

former king of saturn

It would really be nice to have an authoratative figure on/available for these hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Why not give them the normal powers of ever other GM? There should be an American/Canadian GM
    Agreed. Or even a German/British one who happens to be on at our times.

I was just throwing out the Ambassador idea since many of us who play at this time would qualify for it and not necessarily a GM role.

An American GM would help...
    I guess that an American would have to send an application. ^^
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

Quote Originally Posted by LeoPump View Post
    You don't miss a trick do you sport!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Or they could just not fire the one they had...

Or they could just not fire the one they had...
    There was certainly a reason for it?
    I don't know.. You could send an application ;>
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

There was certainly a reason for it?
    I don't know.. You could send an application ;>
    There is a reson in everything we do!

What I am wondering about is: is it really a GM (to answer tickets) which is needed or is it more the "councellor" type (answering questions on help) which is needed? If an authoritive figure (GM) why so?
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    Yeah, I know, Alduin!

What I am wondering about is: is it really a GM (to answer tickets) which is needed or is it more the "councellor" type (answering questions on help) which is needed? If an authoritive figure (GM) why so?
    Dunno how many tickets come in, but I think they need/want a Counsellor.
    Although a Gamemaster for this hours would be very cool. (to answear tickets, fix problems with NPCs etc.)

The REAL Walker

I THINK that people usually are pretty good at answering questions (they seemed to be, the times where Ive been playing that late), so its probably mainly someone to answer tickets.
    I could be totally wrong though, since I dont usually play at those hours..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast