Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The first four combat drones(Basic Light weight, Light weight, Light, and Medium) are the same except for price. They look the same, and they do the same damage.

Make Imps consistent
    A +1.8 imp gives a +1 Stat, while a -1.2 imp gives a -2 Stat

Construction and Research missions are boring and don't give enough xp for the time it takes to do them. I did an hour of research missions, and earned less xp than I did in 4 minutes of droning(TL3 Light weight attack drone).
    Maybe have the constructors, and researchers(engineers, and scientists), start off with drones instead of pistols since droning level intelligence faster.
    Last edited by aelfkins; 29-05-17 at 21:12.
    I can't belive that they pay me to do what I do.

Have vehicles spawn closer to the depot. In a lot of the vehicle depot spawn points are hidden behind hills, or in holes in the ground that prompt you to have to run around looking for you vehicle.
    If I didn't know that this was an issue, I'd assume my vehicle just won't spawn.
    I can't belive that they pay me to do what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by aelfkins View Post
    The first four combat drones(Basic Light weight, Light weight, Light, and Medium) are the same except for price. They look the same, and they do the same damage.

Make Imps consistent
    A +1.8 imp gives a +1 Stat, while a -1.2 imp gives a -2 Stat

Construction and Research missions are boring and don't give enough xp for the time it takes to do them. I did an hour of research missions, and earned less xp than I did in 4 minutes of droning(TL3 Light weight attack drone).
    Maybe have the constructors, and researchers(engineers, and scientists), start off with drones instead of pistols since droning level intelligence faster.
    Basic drones appear to have the same damage mostly because of rounding errors. Just select what fits you best. And yes, XP gain from doing cst, res or rec is terribly low, and something needs to be done about that.

You know, the fact that 50% of the people on Discord feel very strongly against LE's is utterly meaningless. Neocron has been made less and less interesting for players who don't want to PVP and particularly, as the population dropped, activities for non-PVPers completely dried up too.

There was a character on Uranus who just stood in Plaza 1 for several hours a day, day in, day out. He had alts but he never PVPed, he just wanted to play NC his way. Countless PVPers used him to re-implant after dying elsewhere.

I had a small list of researchers/constructors who were trustworthy to res my techs and build my rares. Again, they tended to have no interest in PVP and tradeskilling was their main activity.

There were entire clans (the majority of clans, actually) who had no interest in op-warring. They were social organisations where players conducted PVE and tradeskilling.

There was none of this asinine "NC isn't hardcore enough, we must fuck over people who don't want to PVP" when Neocron was at it's busiest so I'm not sure what mental hoops people are jumping through to think that somehow making NC even less attractive to players is going to make it more popular.

Most of the people posting silly arguments on the forum seem to mistake "what I think is good for how I want the game to be played" for "what is good for the game". This is clearly shown as, when confronted with even a rudimentary rebuttal of their unmitigated shite, they quietly slink away until they feel confident enough to raise their head above the parapet to unleash another load of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

I would like to see storage lvl 7 from outzone 2 (under the gr) to removed or copied to plaza 1 near the CA HQ.

Its a great little dungeon and i don't think many new players will ever find it in outzone 2

And i don't think too many players would miss if you would remove 1 out of 2 lvl 1 sewers from plaza 1

Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    You know, the fact that 50% of the people on Discord feel very strongly against LE's is utterly meaningless. Neocron has been made less and less interesting for players who don't want to PVP and particularly, as the population dropped, activities for non-PVPers completely dried up too.
    You know its mob rule that got a lot of things changed in this game in the first place right? Belt drops in war zones? GRs locked to clan only etc etc.

I dont actually think anything has been removed for the non-pvp crowd down the years aside for the ridiculous mob damage/hp changes that 2.2 brought with it. Certainly not much was removed and one major dungeon was added (regants). What else is there to add? Woc was added, this gave the grinders something else to grind for. Sure thing they could have made more of it but I dont see much ever getting lost. Moreover I think it was a case of the PVE crowd actually getting bored of the content as it had been done to death. There was a time when you could solo most of the content in this game, sure it was good fun for a time but with the 20 yr old AI it became surprisingly easy.

I think this is time catching up to the game and the engine showing its age which has done this, rather than anything the "pvp" crowd as you put it has done to the game. The only major thing left to draw life in this game is the pvp. The PVE crowd have long gone to new games in search of a more fulfilling experience from what I can see. But hey, thats the beauty of opinions, none of us is wrong.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"