Thread: Double XP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox View Post
    6 characters to level

CBA, they are all 0/2 and barely left their apartments before I realized what I had ahead of me and alt+F4'd

(By the way, why has the terrible low-level grind not been addressed? 0/2 to */15-20 is awful. All the weapons are terrible and don't improve very quickly.)
    There will be changes to this through the on-going balance project. While we are focussing on the PvP side at the moment - based on what we hear/see in the community - the initial set of changes will make a difference to levelling. Once we have a stable foundation for PvP there is still a ton of work to do for game balance and PvE is part of that.

Plus, the whole new player/character experience needs a significant overhaul. We don't deny that simple fact but there are only a few of us and there is a breathtaking amount of work to do.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 05-06-14 at 09:26.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    and there is a breathtaking amount of work to do.
    With NC..?! Lies!
    Theres almost nothing that needs to be done! *cough*

Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    And yeah Apoc, the low level grind is by far the worst of the leveling process..
    After you have leveled the first character up, you can afford res-missions though.
    i'm not perfectly sure if you guys really want to play a MMORPG. maybe you'd be better off in a plain online shooter, team fortress etc.
    btw levelling up any class to **/20 shouldnt take more than 2 hrs realtime, given some constructor-made weapons. and yes, grinding aggies or rec missions is awfully boring. just dont do it.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    i'm not perfectly sure if you guys really want to play a MMORPG. maybe you'd be better off in a plain online shooter, team fortress etc.
    btw levelling up any class to **/20 shouldnt take more than 2 hrs realtime, given some constructor-made weapons. and yes, grinding aggies or rec missions is awfully boring. just dont do it.

There is a difference between not wanting to be held back by a grind and wanting to play a game where everything is a button press away.

Reducing time to cap (including WoC) doesn't do anything other than get people in game, ready to enjoy endgame. Don't like endgame? Level another character... it's apparently something you love to do.

i'm not perfectly sure if you guys really want to play a MMORPG.
    You are out of context here. Did you forget about the wipe? What was once worked for is no longer accessible. Double XP would allow us to regain those characters back faster.

It has nothing to do with wanting things handed to us. We have lost things and we want an easier way to reclaim them.

Fellow runners, i'm not saying you were getting things wrong, but at least to my understanding "playing neocron" includes being a 0/2 as much as being a wocced menace to society. The latter is just a part of the game, when you're done with levelling up, exploring the world, acquiring stuff, so all theres left is craptalk and PvP.

Maybe thats all you want to do, Divide, but if you want to skip the major part of the game (a.k.a. getting to the point where theres nothing left to do but PvP) it's sortof your free choice to do so. but nothing you could blame on others. Or demand from the people running this wonderful game atm.

And please, Grim, you didnt lose anything, your chars are still there, backed up on trusted harddisks. Titan is a new server, and we had to move there because of way too much exploiting and cheating, for a fresh start. Please feel invited to have fun playing the game, levelling up, getting things, coming to the point where PvP really matters. If you want to PvP without all that levelling up and ingame lore and PvE you maybe want to play Counter-Strike instead.

Or UT. I always loved a quick Onslaught match, dont you, too? Sometimes i wished Neocron PvP was more like UT Onslaught. Connected outposts, hardpoint outpost turrets, meaningful vehicle combat, vastly different weapons, a simplified HUD. But, well, Neocron is a MMORPG, not a shooter. I'm ok with that.

Fellow runners, i'm not saying you were getting things wrong, but at least to my understanding "playing neocron" includes being a 0/2 as much as being a wocced menace to society. The latter is just a part of the game, when you're done with levelling up, exploring the world, acquiring stuff, so all theres left is craptalk and PvP.
    Even you will agree that most of the stuff that isn't PvP and craptalk is getting old after the first couple of times. If you pulled more then 4 chars up you are likely to have seen pretty much everything that you have to and a few more optional things.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

yea totally Drachen.
    if we had only been playing for 2 years then i would agree with Torg, but when 95% of people here have explored the world umpteen times, done almost everything there is to do ingame many, many times over the years.... its hard to say "why dont you want to do all the other stuff?"

i havent seen all the secret stuff, there are things ingame that i havent done, but at this point im not going to invest hours and hours to see the last 1% of the game i havent yet, i just want to fight if i have time to login - just want to get back to the NC i remember and love.

i miss NC
    server-uranus

Xanu-Apu-78/63
    Yum Yum-PPU-86/63
    Got Bawls-PE/PC-74/71
    JohnnY SockO-SPY/Cster-0/61
    =xanu=-SPY/Ress/sniper 81/60
    [xanu]-Tank/HC-61/64
    Cluch-Tank/MC-58/58

i think its more complex. while i really enjoy to level up new chars over and over (more than 20 in the past 12 years), as well as the resource part of NC, i miss the immersion of my first months ingame. i just suspect skipping the char development part and concentrating on PvP will keep away boredom only for a limited time. imho this game needs both balancing and content.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

well yea, the immersion factor is great.... for the first character you make after being gone for 2+ years, but after that no matter how hard you try the immersion is no better than when running around with a fully capped char.

And please, Grim, you didnt lose anything, your chars are still there, backed up on trusted harddisks.
    Yeah, sure. That's what "they" say... but where is my access to those characters? There is none.

Please feel invited to have fun playing the game, levelling up, getting things, coming to the point where PvP really matters. If you want to PvP without all that levelling up and ingame lore and PvE you maybe want to play Counter-Strike instead.
    You are totally missing the point here. I had fun on the first few characters, while leveling, but after capping 35+ characters, over the last 13 years, I am way-over that part of the game. I just want to log in and PvP/PvE with what I spent all of those thousands of hours working for previously.

Seriously, what is going to stop them from doing this all of the time? No MMO should EVER do a wipe like this. It is unprofessional, in an officialy released game.

For a lot of people, myself included, a total wipe was the only way that anyone would even consider actually playing again. Terra was so broken and corrupted that almost everything, including the XP gained on characters, was the direct result from said corruption. And it worked, people came back and played, hundreds of people all starting fresh, it was an awesome time in the history of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    .... And it worked, people came back and played, hundreds of people all starting fresh, it was an awesome time in the history of this game.
    Hm. maybe we should start a new server, once the balancing patch comes in. i would love that.

Hm. maybe we should start a new server, once the balancing patch comes in. i would love that.
    One side of me thinks yeah would be nice everyone starting at the same lvl again. The other said thinks fuck that it would be to much for everyone to lvl to woc get the weapons everything peole would leave.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast