Default Growing concern for server population

Based on the the info from techhaven network, I can't help but feel population at peak is starting to dwindle, speaking to a lot of people, they're waiting for sparta in a hope that a lot of balancing issues are resolved.

the graph which shows peaks from 01/11/12 - present.

I've also noticed the forums are also a lot more dormant as of late.

Anyone noticed this?

Player numbers always go up and down, especially with server ups and downs...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Yes. The good threads on this forum have dwindled massively in the last six months and even the brainport has got to be somewhat tiresome. The ingame population seems to have dwindled some as well from the initial surge of Titan some 9 months ago. I think truthfully that now even the casual players are beginning to replace all of the stuff they had acquired on Terra and so do not need to log in as much as before perhaps.

The pvp - for me personally - has wained somewhat and the general quality of gaming experience has become a bit stale. I have found myself logging in less and less because of this and because my clan mates all have their own real life issues going on at the moment.

On the plus side though I got into the closed beta for Firefall and so far I am enjoying the game massively. I have 4 invites left to invite others to come and play so if anyone wants one then pm me an email address if you want to join those of us in the Regz who are playing it.

I hope that Sparta does come soon and this whole experience improves because I do love NC still.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Lack of information on what is happening, plain and simple. No communication, the same as last time around. This is one of the reasons most of the people I know, have now stopped playing, including myself somewhat.

No communication? Do you read twitter and the board?
    I think currently it's the summertime

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Gregory View Post
    I think currently it's the summertime
    This.
    It is to be expected, that people rather want to enjoy the sun. Personally I dont play half as much atm, for that very same reason.
    Between Work, drinking, working out and being an arse towards girls, there isnt that much time for NC - I still do still get quite a lot of opfights though.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Its winter in the southern hemisphere. Some of us live here too. I agree with faid. This one of those trough periods. We will wait and see when the peak comes again. Hopefully with the balancing patch(es)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Based on the the info from techhaven network, I can't help but feel population at peak is starting to dwindle, speaking to a lot of people, they're waiting for sparta in a hope that a lot of balancing issues are resolved.

the graph which shows peaks from 01/11/12 - present.

I've also noticed the forums are also a lot more dormant as of late.

Anyone noticed this?
    Yeap. It seems to have peaked after a few patches. The populations now looks stable, but they are not growing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Lack of information on what is happening, plain and simple. No communication, the same as last time around. This is one of the reasons most of the people I know, have now stopped playing, including myself somewhat.
    Good to see you as positive as ever Faid...

I could point you to a page full of threads done by the support team, on what they are going to do etc. Now go and try threads from KK when they was still running Neocron.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    I could point you to a page full of threads done by the support team, on what they are going to do etc. Now go and try threads from KK when they was still running Neocron.
    Good point!

Yes and the current server population seems stable since two month. That the population doesn't grow up could be a problem of missed advertising (which is only possible by the players through erm..buzz marketing(?))

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Gregory View Post
    Yes and the current server population seems stable since two month. That the population doesn't grow up could be a problem of missed advertising (which is only possible by the players through erm..buzz marketing(?))
    Fair point as well. The only people advertising the game is us the community, either by telling our mates, tweeting and err probably a few other things.

I'm sure a few of us around here have contacts to on-line games sites and magazines, wonder if that's worth giving them a shout. Although we need re-balancing first.

Although we need re-balancing first.
    I think this is the reason why things have quieted down a little, people are waiting for Sparta to go live, as they're tired of stale issues.

Good to see you as positive as ever Faid...
    Well sorry my optimism seems to have plummeted along with the population. I've experienced some things in game which I'm not allowed to talk about that have greatly contributed to my lack of positive response.

But I suppose as long as you keep up the usual positive attitude everything will turn out ok

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

The game just needs to start progressing again. Lots of players waiting in the wings.

I'd also note that, despite the curretn weather, we are heading straight for summertime, which also means summer hole in gaming land
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Myself and others have simply quit due to boredom. You can only replay the exact same game over and over so many times. That and the op fighting community is rather shitty and immature.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast