Default Neocron Needs You - GFX Artists

Hello Runners,

Although we are still working on some legal issues, we have decided to make our first call for team applications! We need GFX artists!

If you're a GFX artist with some mad skills and do not fear reading terms like: UV map, normal map, specular map or glow map, and you want to help improve Neocron, contact us now!

What do we need? Examples of your work are a must (not necessarily related to Neocron or ScFi), as well as details of your qualifications and previous experience as a GFX Artist. Additionally if you're currently affiliated with another company that produces video games, we will need to know.

Things to consider! There are still legal issues which we are in the process of resolving, regardless of this we will still require every contributor to sign a document which will grant us the rights to freely use his/her contribution now and in the future. Additionally we need people who are eager to contribute on a regular basis and also reliable so we can ensure a smooth development process. Finally, for legal reasons you must be at least 18 years old at the time of application.

Where do I send my application? Please send your application to: applications@neocron-game.com. Only applications submitted n English will be considered, we are an international team and good English language skills are a must. We will try to get back in touch with you as soon as we can, however, in case you do not receive an answer within three working days, do not hesitate to send us a quick reminder.

Sincerely
    Your Neocron Support Team
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Go for gold CORVIN ! :-)

Wondered when this announcement would come.
    Last edited by Drachenpaladin; 21-02-13 at 05:03.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

wow. I wish i was a graphics artist.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

This is a chance to be a part of Neocron forever.

I would post a link to this thread on graphics forums if I would know any, or on other mod related comms. Maybe someone could help here.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

While I understand the need for some people that are offering considerable time and avaiability to Neocron, I think it might be a good idea to use a different approach once in a while:

Take some texture you want replaced, some model you want redone or the whatever the task is, maybe even a few of those at once. State the criteria the result should fulfill (e.g.: Texture Resolution, File Size, Texture must be linkable on all sides without seam, ...)

Then post that on the forum and ask for contributions for that parts. If you like what you get, or get several and choose the best, get the necessary papers or written consent to use all those things that are contributed and you have a bit done.

I am not sure how much you would get, remembering the search for Forum avatars, but I have played a bit of Deus Ex Mods, where some of those were done with contributions from many people, where some only did a little. The difference in graphics to the original is amazing.
    I'd just find it sad to not include those that could do work, but wouldn't do much, or don't have much do show in previous work but could make at least one thing right when they take their time.

Sadly, I don't think i could even get one thing right from scratch in Graphics design
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Yeah, that would be really cool, just to see if i can get my stuff working or not.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

Use Zbrush for more awesomeness !

Last edited by Hackebeil; 22-02-13 at 00:40.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to apply since i have only Cinema 4D and PS at my disposal, tho importing *.obj stuff works so far...
    Or does that not really matter?

Anyway, tried some re-imaging today, heres is the outcome.
    http://www.pixhost.org/show/4109/160...lbox_basic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Take some texture you want replaced, some model you want redone or the whatever the task is, maybe even a few of those at once. State the criteria the result should fulfill (e.g.: Texture Resolution, File Size, Texture must be linkable on all sides without seam, ...)

Then post that on the forum and ask for contributions for that parts.[...]
    Very good idea. This could get things started very efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I'm not sure if it makes sense to apply since i have only Cinema 4D and PS at my disposal, tho importing *.obj stuff works so far...

Anyway, tried some re-imaging today, heres is the outcome.
    http://www.pixhost.org/show/4109/160...lbox_basic.jpg
    That looks great! For these graphics I'd even buy a new PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    As long as your tools are able to import Collada files and also export to Collada files, everything is fine IIRC every mayor commercial tool is able to do so.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

-_- I'll wait for the concept art position. I can create textures like a pro, I simply don't know how to set them up for 3d models boooooo

Hopefully you guys find a dedicated GFX Artist!
    Terra - War of Seasons | Ukitakumuki | Dawn of War | Holotype | Silent Force | Gully
    Titan - Spooge Demon | Goon Demon | Ressi Demon | Psi Demon
    My Art Profile

Quote Originally Posted by carbonkink View Post
    -_- I'll wait for the concept art position. I can create textures like a pro, I simply don't know how to set them up for 3d models boooooo

Hopefully you guys find a dedicated GFX Artist!
    Try to understand what is "texture baking". (Google it)
    Than take a look for "UV-unwrap".
    After understanding that its easy.
    Normal/Specular Maps are just another technique applied to the model.

If you are more interested in i can send you a full guide for 3D Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackebeil View Post
    Try to understand what is "texture baking". (Google it)
    Than take a look for "UV-unwrap".
    After understanding that its easy.
    Normal/Specular Maps are just another technique applied to the model.

If you are more interested in i can send you a full guide for 3D Max.
    I don't think we are going to change much about the polygon count on models.
    Guess we will just upgrade textures, so all you need to do is to scale up the UV Map, which is little more then a vector,to a bigger texture size and get down with the artsy painting stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast