Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    Wiki and Items DB Back online http://www.techhaven.org/ and http://wiki.techhaven.org

Please report any totally blank pages with the URL. Had to do some code updates to make the ancient Item DB code work with PHP 5.4
    Tried from east coast US with Comcast as DNS (home) and it resolves fine. Haven't had a chance to look at much so no issues to report.

Thanks Brammers! We are all indebted to you!

Ok everything is now back online, please report any problems here.

As @Nanook quite correctly pointed out, the TTL on the THN is quite long (12 hours) so if you can't connect clear your DNS with ipconfig /flushdns and hope your ISP doesn't cache it too long.

One other thing I would appreciate comments on speed and connectivity. The THN is now located on a different server and spec so I do want to see how this server performs.

/Mods: Could you update the thread title to THN back online please and change the thread icon to a smiley

/Mods: Could you update the thread title to THN back online please and change the thread icon to a smiley
    As requested
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

One other thing I would appreciate comments on speed and connectivity. The THN is now located on a different server and spec so I do want to see how this server performs.
    Out of curiosity, what is the average RAM and CPU load like for the THN?

Looking at the page now, it feels snappy enough. Most requests are served < 700 ms.
    You could probably improve by using an opcode cache (I sense fairly high cpu times for a modest page build, so I guess opcode caching is not currently in place?) and by reducing http requests. All those tiny ~1kb images are ideal pray for sprites. To further speed up the page load, consider including css before any js file is referenced (currently, jQuery is blocking concurrent asset transfer - moving it to the </body> won't hurt). As with the images, merging/minifying js and css assets could also save a few http requests. Lastly, assets seem to be missing proper cache headers.

Those are just the finer details though, no critique intended. The THN is a great resource and everyone involved is made of awesome!
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is the average RAM and CPU load like for the THN?

Looking at the page now, it feels snappy enough. Most requests are served < 700 ms.
    You could probably improve by using an opcode cache (I sense fairly high cpu times for a modest page build, so I guess opcode caching is not currently in place?) and by reducing http requests.
    Load is a little high for my liking, but you are right opcode cache is off at the moment, it was causing issues with I suspect classes with the same name in different namespaces.

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    All those tiny ~1kb images are ideal pray for sprites. To further speed up the page load, consider including css before any js file is referenced (currently, jQuery is blocking concurrent asset transfer - moving it to the </body> won't hurt). As with the images, merging/minifying js and css assets could also save a few http requests. Lastly, assets seem to be missing proper cache headers.

Those are just the finer details though, no critique intended. The THN is a great resource and everyone involved is made of awesome!
    You been using Google's page speed reports? As that sounds nearly the same thing it had reported to me. However you are spot on there. The Stats DB/Wiki/Forums are up-to-date with modern code, but the Rares DB, Items DB is ...let me be frank and call it old shite?
    Last edited by Brammers; 12-03-14 at 02:34.

the Rares DB, Items DB is ...let me be frank and call it old shite?
    Incredibly useful and much loved 'old shite' though!

Very pleased to see the THN alive and kicking again! Hope the other server is feeling better soon, we know how that feels!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Incredibly useful and much loved 'old shite' though!
    Indeed.

You been using Google's page speed reports?
    Same stuff in a different wrapper: Chrome Dev Tools (Profile, Audit, Network). Imho they are to performance analysis what the W3C-Validator is to markup. Not the final solution to everything, but hard to beat for weeding out the common issues.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

I just wanted to say thanks to you guys forgetting this back up so quickly! Neocron would be a completely different game without the resources which you guys provide.

If you guys do adopt a way for people to donate money or material, as I mentioned before, please let us know! I know I for one would be happy to donate.

Thanks again!

Missing info.
    Doing the driver missions this morning I noticed the tips text is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonbeck View Post
    Missing info.
    Doing the driver missions this morning I noticed the tips text is missing.
    Give me a bit more of a clue there You mean this page? http://wiki.techhaven.org/JonesGuideriver The tips look fine here, you clicked on the "Show" link?

Give me a bit more of a clue there You mean this page? http://wiki.techhaven.org/JonesGuideriver The tips look fine here, you clicked on the "Show" link?
    It seems to be working now. Maybe it was just my phone and poor reception. When I clicked on Showtime earlier it didn't display but it is now. Sorry false alarm I assume it was just my phone.

I want longer stealth :(

Is it down again? Can't seem to connect

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzaki Iejir
    Also, let history know, nobby was the master stragetist in this battle, while the desk of help produced the small battleplan, nobby was the first on to spot the weakness in the enemy lines.
    Next time we go to war, that's us fucked then

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kot View Post
    Is it down again? Can't seem to connect
    Same here. Cannot connect

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123