Default [R#182/183] Patch Discussion

Hello Runners,

feel free to discuss the R#182 patch here. The patch notes may be found inside this thread.

Sincerely,
    Your Neocron Support Team
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

•Automatic Soul Light regeneration has been disabled.

I dont get it.. Why would you disable that?
    It was already crazy slow to gain SL that way.. Now you actually HAVE to do missions to regain SL?

The rest of the patch notes sounds good though.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I was also wondering about that. Not that I care since I dont have -SL, but I wonder why this was implemented? Will there be any other way to increase SL except doing missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    •Automatic Soul Light regeneration has been disabled.

I dont get it.. Why would you disable that?
    It was already crazy slow to gain SL that way.. Now you actually HAVE to do missions to regain SL?
    In case you want to be a bad boy, you have to live with the consequences But I think I can safely reveal that changes to parts of the mission system are planned.

If you can think of good ways to increase SL except doing missions, while keeping the bad boy + consequences picture, please head to the Brainport and let us know! Very much appreciated
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

fόr einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

My guess would be that the aim of that change is, that runners that have low Soullight actually have to move around in zones were there is a danger of being hunted while their Soullight recovers.
    At least I saw much more Runners with low Soullight in Safezones or appartments than out on the streets.

I don't know much about getting SL back through missions though, so I can't really compare how difficult that is. I remember that there are situations where it is only possible to fall back on the Anarchy Breed Harrasser Missions, and those are really hard, but I don't remember how it was tied in with the Soullight / Faction Sympathy System.

my opinion: With Low SL Runners out on the streets there might be a new dynamic coming up. Low SL Chars actually being out and about doesn't take them out of the equation once they are too low, since they can't outsit it anymore, so it might bringt a better picture on the status (and annoyance) that Red SL really is.
    The change might also lead to more cautious fighting behaviour, I think thats one thing to be watched out for, since I am not sure thats for good.

Thinking about the situation of runners with Red SL, I see the coming of Naked Runners hunting with fists for spiders (if that is possible for Red SL? No idea.) Why? Because a runner that cannot flee (no GR, no Venture Warp) could really be hunted down. And where would the runner get a new weapon if it dropped? And what would stop others to kill the runner again before he really manages to get his SL up? On the other hand it might drive runners into the wastes for the hope of being not that much interupted while getting SL back. The great question remains: Are there enough places in the wastes were it is possible to make missions? (Needed: Target in quite good quantity and a relativley close Term)
    It sure brings up an interesting situation, but I feel it might be a really harsh time (for some) coming up. But then I've always been a bit soft, so I'm interested to see how it plays out.
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 05-05-13 at 14:17. Reason: Spam
    Let the good times roll.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by J.HighRoller View Post
    Snip
    Very constructive..

@ Alduin: I have very high SL on most of my characters, since I rarely kill Allies anymore.
    I still dont get the changes though
    Looking forward to see those changes to the mission system though. Killing 50 Small Sewer Rats for 3-4 SL is quite boring lol.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I just hope the next patch rolls out quick. This one is a radical change and if it truly is the tip of the iceberg then i look forward to seeing whats beneath the surface of the water. If I had a char with bad sl for what ever reason then I wouldn't fancy doing some lame rat missions till I died of boredom to fix it. That's too boring to contemplate. However the penalties for bad sl are harsh. I fear the downside of it all is it pushes players to the factions with the most enemies for fear of losing too much red sl.

This will give rise to clans of t****s like hooters.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

[ edited ]

I would LOVE to give a long winded post about dynamics and why this patch is bad concerning SL, but this patch is so utterly shit I can't be asked. [ edited ]

dissy nerf is good.
    Revert SL system to gain over time minimum
    Remove GRs from apartments so you can camp reds/-31s/+100s or whoever you want to place more danger on people that are out of plaza and red. Only put GRs in city/waste locations.
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 07-05-13 at 23:11.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

I somewhat agree with all of the SL changes.

*I believe partial automatic increase up too like 25 then you gotta earn the rest, would have been a better
    change at least.

Ive been back over a year now all my toons still have their le's in and will for a while, so SL is no big deal to me now and wont be for some time; but I do remember in some fights long ago where I accidentally get aoe damage someone or accidentally shooting and damageing them then they get killed by an enemy but i take SL loss.
    Thatd the only issue I had in the past with SL, however there should have been a plan how how to regain your SL.

*Like maybe have a repeatable quest or mission so that once again you may Follow The Path Of Redemption.
    Last edited by stonehaven25; 05-05-13 at 09:57.

where are the changes for pepper park and p2?
    SWAT Hooo...lange ist es her.

Chars:
    Hammer (PPU), Brian Szardak (TANK), Boon (PE), Butsch (APU), Amboss (support) , Mrs Amboss (Support), Niemand (Spy)

These are great SL changes to start making the faction system count again.

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    [ edited ]
    [ edited ]
    If there's anything demonstrating that this is a constructive patch for the game it's the fact that you're throwing your dummy out of your pram. If you want to keep 'role-playing a serial killer' that's fine, but now you have a few consequences to live with.

Looks like a pretty positive patch to me. Good work, team.
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 07-05-13 at 23:13.
    I LIKE YOU!
    (when i rule the world your deaths will be swift and painless)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    where are the changes for pepper park and p2?
    Yes, I miss them too.

@Alduin: Are there to many issues which prevent these changes to get implemented?

I never have bad SL so the SL chances look good to me :P but yea maybe disabling the SL over time is a bit to harsh. Maybe reenable it but make it so slow that you would need 2 days to recover from it (no idea what the speed now is though)

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast