Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Accuracy of rockets

Simple: Make them more accurate and not shoot below your crosshair the whole time.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Yeah, could really be done with doing. Pretty much noone ever uses the rocket launchers except in very controlled conditions (ie to AoE the UG entrance from on top of an OP building). Be nice to see Moonie/Mal/Doomie as an actual choice, rather than always the latter too.

This is more about the discrepancy between the directions the first and third person reticle point. You'll find that the AoE weapons work perfectly fine in 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    This is more about the discrepancy between the directions the first and third person reticle point. You'll find that the AoE weapons work perfectly fine in 1st.
    Rocket Launchers don't. I use first person with the Judgement Day launcher alot at present and it is still awful. I end up doing more damage to myself than anyone else. Even aiming high above the monsters I am aiming at to compensate for the random trajectory it still doesnt provide a concrete solution. No other weapon does this.

Either they need to change the rocket accuracy or make the splash damage smaller. I would prefer the former.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Nope, this is about rockets and their horrible accuracy - especially in first person mode.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «

Yay give us quake rocket launchers.

That would be win!

Aoeing in 3rd person on any class is impossible if you want to live!

Odd, never had an issue with rockets myself.

Rocket pistol is fairly accurate. Practically a sniper rifle compared to the cannons.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

you asked for it..

L2AIM.....

try a moonstriker.....
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    try a moonstriker.....
    But keep a safe distance from yourself...

IMO Rocket Launchers should have the same accuracy as the Fusion Cannons.
    Last edited by slith; 05-11-12 at 18:38.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

Hmmm. I am a long time tank player and I think that the rockets never were much of an accuracy wonder. I think the problem is that the self-damge they inflict was raised significantly.

In fact I know a tank (and I think I did that myself, too) that did PvP by shooting almost straight downwards and killing all the spies and APUs around him that where foolish enough to not get some distance.
    Nowadays such game play is just plain suicide

Im pretty sure the accuracy of rockets and all other AOE tank weapons havent changed in all years, only the animations did. The right direction should be bottom right of the crosshair. (135° of the circle).
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh View Post
    Im pretty sure the accuracy of rockets and all other AOE tank weapons havent changed in all years, only the animations did.
    Not true - they used to be very accurate.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast