for testserver
    all mercury char not work!
    mars work!
    X-COM ANTI A.L.F.SECURITY

This looks like it is gonna be fun, now to get to work...

Me and my m8 both have problems transfering our Mercury Chars,

will there be a fix for this in place sometime? Or, if they are "currupt", should we forget them?

Cheers

fix for corrupt data? You make me laugh xD
    the data is corrupt because it was beyond repairing.
    Corrupt data is lost unless you got it backuped or got something running with parity info and file journals.
    (Original) Neocron doesnt use any parity info or checks for consistency in its Database.
    So, no, unless you can do magic

So.. i installed NCE today .... patched retail up to 241 (if i chose NCE 2.3 Testserver in Launcher and try to patch or lanuch it does nothing ... so i launch "retail" and i have one server to choose Titan, logged in created char, get out from MC5 .. logged off. Now is a test server down "Vendeen" or smt like that ? or i'm doing something wrong ? (wanted to transfers my Terra chars to test server to see if there is a point to transfer one of them to retail server.
    Neptune - Purity....

Quote Originally Posted by FarSight View Post
    So.. i installed NCE today .... patched retail up to 241 (if i chose NCE 2.3 Testserver in Launcher and try to patch or lanuch it does nothing ... so i launch "retail" and i have one server to choose Titan, logged in created char, get out from MC5 .. logged off. Now is a test server down "Vendeen" or smt like that ? or i'm doing something wrong ? (wanted to transfers my Terra chars to test server to see if there is a point to transfer one of them to retail server.
    Will have a look. Thanks for report.

Update:

The PTS Vedeena is up and running you have to follow these instructions to access the PTS.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 16-01-18 at 12:06.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Will have a look. Thanks for report.

Update:

The PTS Vedeena is up and running you have to follow these instructions to access the PTS.
    Thx, will look into it later.
    Neptune - Purity....

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    Once you have completed the mission you can transfer ONE character to Titan.

• Players can reset the skill points during the transfer.
    • Players can change the character name during the transfer.
    • You will require a free slot to transfer the character into.
    I didn't checked the option for points reset but all points in INT, STR, CON, DEX were reseted only in PSI still in place (but no point lost)

Items not copied or replaced during the transfer

• No items in your Go-Guardian are transferred.
    • No WoC disks or rare parts are transferred.
    • No apartment or vehicle keys are transferred.
    • Any Gold WoC PA's are replaced with a Silver WoC PA.
    I transferred my multitrader and he transferred with like 20-30 rare parts in his inventory (probably his last task on Terra was ressing parts).
    Apartment i got is definetly not a starter apartment, Plaza 1 top end apartment (or Plaza 1 clan apartment) but completly empty , only Genrep and Outfiter ... even no GOGO lol (i hope you can buy one in furniture store).

If someone want to investigate that rare parts transfer. Character was from Terra (name: "Engi") now is on Titan as "Multitool".
    Neptune - Purity....

Where in what plaza zone is this hacker? I have looked all over all 4 plaza zones to no avail!

Never mind, I found him. For those curious, he is a guy named Cypher in plaza 1 sitting at a table at the restaurant at the top of the energy tube elevator thingy.

The quest is really simple, go to the "electric vibes" club by the outzone subway station, talk to the guy there, then talk to the rest of the people you meet after.
    Last edited by Zabach; 01-02-18 at 08:18. Reason: found him

Quote Originally Posted by Zabach View Post
    Where in what plaza zone is this hacker? I have looked all over all 4 plaza zones to no avail!

Never mind, I found him. For those curious, he is a guy named Cypher in plaza 1 sitting at a table at the restaurant at the top of the energy tube elevator thingy.

The quest is really simple, go to the "electric vibes" club by the outzone subway station, talk to the guy there, then talk to the rest of the people you meet after.
    Test your transfer chars on test server, what they have in inventory, becasue when i transfered all rare parts i had in inventory transferd with wmy toon, and those were good parts lol (reported that bug in other thread)
    Neptune - Purity....

So just to make sure I understand this right:
    I can transfer 1 char/acc each. But I cant check what they have on them or maybe check stuff that was in my appartments to take with me all I want? Rareparts cant be transfered, but can rareweapons?

You could transfer the character to the Testserver (Vedeena) first to check the inventory, QB etc.

Items copied during the transfer

• All items in quickbelt.
    • All items in the inventory.
    • All items in the armour slots.
    • All items in your implant windows.
    • All skills and XP, including WoC skills.
    • Your GenRep list.
    • Any character transferred starts with 150,000 nc

Items not copied or replaced during the transfer

• No items in your Go-Guardian are transferred.
    • No WoC disks or rare parts are transferred.
    • No apartment or vehicle keys are transferred.
    • Any Gold WoC PA's are replaced with a Silver WoC PA.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mystery8 View Post
    This is pretty neat. I momentarily got my hopes up that maybe someone found a copy of the ancient NC1 Databases from 2004 (Pluto, Uranus, etc.). Also, Happy Birthday Neocron! I still have my original CDs
    Would love my pluto and uranus char back. They had names like 01 and 02 !...

When I have NC running on my Macbook I'll be in... /me coughs

Well its a nice small carrot to get a character back.

This game have during its history have so many sticks instead of carrots which have gotten where it is now. Many blame poor
    marketing of the games state but I don't think so.

I doubt I have interest to restore my fortune a 3rd time. 100ds of tech parts, gear, characters, apartments w. furniture and trophys, vehicles removed now twice. Also got some Gold PA:s from event but ofc they are not transferred.

I don't really undestand why and who would it harm to have everything back. I still think the game is one of the best mmos out there but when my progress is wiped its like someone stole from me the effort and time I put into the game.

Do we even have a guarantee that current progress is not wiped?

We don't want to wipe the current server!

We decided to limit the transfered items for several reasons, just to give you two of them:
    - We do not want to break/harm the economy any more
    - We don't want duped items on the server (don't take it personally!)

X.
    Xanthos
    Management • Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Don't scream, don't cry, just enjoy the pain!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast