Thread: Silence

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    afaik the game has less bugs and better balancing than ever before, so why not bring your friends and playpals and try some new career?
    True. Problem is all this has become a vicious circle; you log on, see that it's empty, no traders, no pvp, silence, log out. Population increases on major content patches and occasional events.

Hell, I have an account and I don't play. An issue that has always plagued Neocron is marketing. It's all well and good telling your friends, but we need strangers and we need official marketing. We need an official modern trailer showing old school Deus Ex style gaming as an MMO and it's actually free! No loot boxes and freemium shit!

Because of lack of large updates and no real marketing the enemy camp that is neocron classic will steal everyone

https://neocron.org/
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    True. Problem is all this has become a vicious circle; you log on, see that it's empty, no traders, no pvp, silence, log out. Population increases on major content patches and occasional events.

Hell, I have an account and I don't play. An issue that has always plagued Neocron is marketing. It's all well and good telling your friends, but we need strangers and we need official marketing. We need an official modern trailer showing old school Deus Ex style gaming as an MMO and it's actually free! No loot boxes and freemium shit!

Because of lack of large updates and no real marketing the enemy camp that is neocron classic will steal everyone

https://neocron.org/
    The other project promised the sun, the moon and the stars. Turns out they couldn't deliver it all so quickly, and that forum is now as dead (if not more so) as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Oath
    I'll fear when i find your naked Droner Body and violate it

Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    The other project promised the sun, the moon and the stars. Turns out they couldn't deliver it all so quickly, and that forum is now as dead (if not more so) as this one.

Got more people in beta plaza 1 than we do.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

They had more people in plaza 1 a year ago and....?

Their forums and dead and playerbase are dead, just like here. So using them as an example for what to do is rather silly!

Quote Originally Posted by Celt View Post
    They had more people in plaza 1 a year ago and....?

Their forums and dead and playerbase are dead, just like here. So using them as an example for what to do is rather silly!
    I'm not saying we should follow what they do. I'm merely saying that they have a good portion of the old vets. Another problem is we need new blood. Everyone who played Neocron in it's prime is now in their 30's or older and has social responsibilities. We need young new players as well.

If you type Neocron into YouTube it's grim. Get videos from the classic camp or ones saying Neocron is dead. We need some serious PR and marketing.

I'm not saying we should follow what they do. I'm merely saying that they have a good portion of the old vets. Another problem is we need new blood. Everyone who played Neocron in it's prime is now in their 30's or older and has social responsibilities. We need young new players as well.
    No, they don't. As I've pointed out two times and you've ignored both times.

They have nothing because they overpromised, under-delivered and the 'returned' vets left to never be seen again. Can you point out any more recent evidence that the other project has 'stolen' players? Because both the forums and game are completely dead, and a video from a year ago is ... from a year ago, which I would have thought was obvious.

There is no point in actively trying to entice players to play an unfinished project with no eta on when it will be close to 'done'. All it will result is in disenchanted and disillusioned players who will never give NC another chance.

I honestly thought the servers were shut down years ago. I was just googling tonight to see if anyone had videos or screenshots for nostalgia. I'm going to hop back on this weekend if I get a chance. OLD No.7 BrAnD was right. I'm pushing 40 and don't have a lot of time to dedicate to gaming, but this was my first, and easily favorite MMO of all time. I'd love to see a big playerbase again.

Quote Originally Posted by prototype_xero View Post
    I honestly thought the servers were shut down years ago. I was just googling tonight to see if anyone had videos or screenshots for nostalgia. I'm going to hop back on this weekend if I get a chance. OLD No.7 BrAnD was right. I'm pushing 40 and don't have a lot of time to dedicate to gaming, but this was my first, and easily favorite MMO of all time. I'd love to see a big playerbase again.
    Welcome back, I'm glad you've found us. We're on Twitter and Facebook as Official Neocron if you'd like to hit the links in my signature, that way if you don't have time to drop by all the time, we'll pop up in your feeds with news and information when it arrives.

You've picked a pretty good time to pop in too, as although populations are low, the team have entered 2018 with an energy I've not felt for a quite some time now. As a result we've got some nice changes cooking away behind the scenes.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Welcome back, I'm glad you've found us. We're on Twitter and Facebook as Official Neocron if you'd like to hit the links in my signature, that way if you don't have time to drop by all the time, we'll pop up in your feeds with news and information when it arrives.

You've picked a pretty good time to pop in too, as although populations are low, the team have entered 2018 with an energy I've not felt for a quite some time now. As a result we've got some nice changes cooking away behind the scenes.
    Cool. I'm also working on something to get more interest in Neocron. Come February we might get a couple hundred more people.

Cool. I'm also working on something to get more interest in Neocron. Come February we might get a couple hundred more people.
    Sounds ambitious!
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

In a year when the games developers have become even more transparent than ever before with the likes of twitch, live streaming, dev blogs and weekly video updates why does a phrase like "behind the scenes" still have a place in this world.

Surely even you guys can see the irony here. The lack of interest in logging in stems from just this problem. Everything is behind the scenes. If you made a post with some actual facts in it you would see a monumental difference. So many people still lurk here waiting for a revival which turns into digital dust with each passing year. It's high time you guys gave the loyalty of the existing player base a bit of respect and gave them something more than "we are working on something cool". 2003 is long gone. People want more than half truths and conjecture.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    In a year when the games developers have become even more transparent than ever before with the likes of twitch, live streaming, dev blogs and weekly video updates why does a phrase like "behind the scenes" still have a place in this world.
    It would really help the community if we had a 2018 development road map. That way we can see what is being worked on and also it generates "buzz". Are we getting daily missions? New content? Balance updates? New graphics? Or is there a plan to get more events and thus more players?

I shall twiddle my thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Surely even you guys can see the irony here. The lack of interest in logging in stems from just this problem. Everything is behind the scenes. If you made a post with some actual facts in it you would see a monumental difference. So many people still lurk here waiting for a revival which turns into digital dust with each passing year. It's high time you guys gave the loyalty of the existing player base a bit of respect and gave them something more than "we are working on something cool". 2003 is long gone. People want more than half truths and conjecture.
    You do understand that promises of future developments are not 'facts' right? They can't be facts.

Also, what part of 'loyalty' means that they need to make promises that they know they have a good chance of not meeting? Again, you seem to be using words that run contrary to their common definition. I would think paying respect to loyalty would mean not promising things they know they cannot deliver, yet you believe they should do the opposite.

They have been upfront and honest for a long time, you dislike their honest answers and pretty much lie about it as a result.

"We aren't making hard promises because we don't know if we can meet them and don't want to let players down"

You: "You're dishonest and should reward our loyalty by telling us what we want to hear"

Really? That makes sense to you when you're typing up a post?

As for marketing some1 could do remake of that movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW23ob82coo.

About the game, i installed today made baby tank (transfered multitrader from Terra), it was fun (like always was) running with newbie grenade launcher in oz-2 spider storage lol. But after 3-4 hours i asked myself whats the point ?
    Some people here are givving their thoughts why neocron failed as a game (not keeping players). I got mine too.
    For me biggest mistake was made in Beta4 (open beta) of Neocron 1. For people that didn't played back then at start rules was like those:
    - FFA full loot
    - in general no rares or other crap like this (faction items etc), every item was researchable and constructable (even COPOT Plasma Rifle)
    - higher item requiments for people with LED in (like 10% higher so if req was DEX 50 it was 55 for LED ins)

You can imagine how it was, most players first thing were doing was getting LED off, there were fights everywhere (even over rats in lvl1 sewers), equipement even top end (TPC for example) was affordable (slot enchancers purchasable) so players wernt afraid running in best gear all time, full loot ... with everything fast replacable it was no problem (and if was common to see 2-3 30/30 trying to gank one 50/50).

Then 3 things happened in no particualr order:
    - PvE players (yea in pvp oriented game...) whine about item requiments, so KK deleted that system, that alone killed nearly all low-mid level pvp experience (no need to LED out until 80ish in main stat)
    - introduction of rares + full loot whine (those 2 things are really combined), KK wanted to keep pure pvp audience but also pure pve folks, so to already good xp grind they added rare (faction whatever) items grind, those items as rare were better than top end normal so every tank and his mother wanted a CS, but hey i got my CS but now i'm afraid to go out because i will lose it ....

Those 3 KK decisions were game changers (or killers), players were leaving, pvp and pve as not many were happy with this SEMI FFA SEMI full loot SEMI grindfest ALOT crashing game (i forgot SEMI open world... l)
    Neptune - Purity....

I think rares and the whole meta gear shit is common among popular mmo's and not really a bad thing. Carrot on the stick as it were. I think the death blow to Neocron was DoY (and the game changes that brought) and Black prophecy.

Neocron is a PVP and PVE. Both aspects need work. There was a pure pvp server at one time. And it died. Lack of tradeskillers and a lack of a safe space to cool off made the server not very prosperous.

Neocron needs more balancing with weapons for the pvp crowd and more pvp opportunities (what happened to DoY sector take over?). Need more varied quests and content for the pve and socialite crowd.

I guess I'm just repeating what has been said before. Neocron needs more work and it's a massive undertaking for such a tiny team.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast