Thread: New Patch ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default New Patch ?

I keep hearing its only a few weeks/months away i know it has to go on to Test server first but is there a List of patch notes anywhere or would that only be when when it hits the test server??

Patch notes will be released along side the relevant patches, for both Vedeena and Titan releases. Then we 100% know what is and isn't going into that patch in case of any "11th hour" changes. If you follow us on Twitter you'll see little snippets of things we're working on.

We're also working to bring that sort of thing closer to the community in a new area of the web site. We appreciate the feedback we've had about dev updates in the past. We're already trying to be a bit more open when we post on the forums. The dedicated space for that stuff will come in due course though.

Hopefully the next patch will reach you on the shorter end of the time scale you mention above.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Patch notes will be released along side the relevant patches, for both Vedeena and Titan releases. Then we 100% know what is and isn't going into that patch in case of any "11th hour" changes. If you follow us on Twitter you'll see little snippets of things we're working on.

We're also working to bring that sort of thing closer to the community in a new area of the web site. We appreciate the feedback we've had about dev updates in the past. We're already trying to be a bit more open when we post on the forums. The dedicated space for that stuff will come in due course though.

Hopefully the next patch will reach you on the shorter end of the time scale you mention above.
    Thank you for the very quick Mate

In the interest of being more open and transparent, here's some more information...

Vedeena will receive at least two patches which will make up Titan's R#186 patch. Patches in addition to those two will be for tweaking and to fix any issues discovered by the community. We still aim to bring you that first test patch in the earlier part of your given time scale, despite some delays.

The first will deliver some much anticipated balance updates, which require significant testing and input from the community. These changes are coming to Vedeena first, rather than Sparta, due to the requirement of underlying code base changes. These balance changes will not necessarily make it to Titan with the rest of R#186. Based on your testing and feedback we may branch these balance changes to Sparta for further adjustment. Your testing and feedback will be vital for this reason!

This first test patch will also include code and logic adjustments, bug and exploit fixes, feature tweaks and stability improvements. The second test patch will arrive once we've received enough input on the first. It will feature plenty of content changes; object placement fixes, cosmetic updates and some new stuff you're yet to see.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I guess everyone is cool with that then?
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

It would seem so.
    Qui tacet consentit

No i'm not. This sounds way too good to be true
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I concur.

The REAL Walker

I'll believe it, when I see it..
    Let us know when something new comes to the testserver.. That'll make it worthwhile to reinstall NC..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    I'll believe it, when I see it..
    Let us know when something new comes to the testserver.. That'll make it worthwhile to reinstall NC..
    miss u walker ;p

I just hope you know how important it is, that the balancing doesn't just consider the preferences of the dev team. Changes should be discussed among all members of the community and not be introduced if there isn't a consensus, otherwise parts of the playerbase might be put off.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    I just hope you know how important it is, that the balancing doesn't just consider the preferences of the dev team. Changes should be discussed among all members of the community and not be introduced if there isn't a consensus, otherwise parts of the playerbase might be put off.

I agree with this. I bet they are too far in the balancing to consider community ideas tho. I personally would like to see APUs at the very least be useful for something other than barreling a UG.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemMichael View Post
    miss u walker ;p
    <3

This patch will probably make or break NC (yeah, I know it has been said millions of times over the years).
    The population is extremely low atm, so if something goes wrong...
    At the same time though, time is a problem aswell, since the pop gets lower everyday(ish).

Im just glad Im not in the Dev team's shoes..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Im just glad Im not in the Dev team's shoes..
    Sometimes I wish I could say the same

I think everyone knows how important this project is, that is why we are working hard to get this right and sort out the current issues. It is of course also in our own interest to make as many players happy as possible!

Nevertheless, keep in mind that the balancing related changes might not make it to Titan within this patch. We very much hope that we can apply them also to Titan and that in the end the balance will be far better than before, but that we have to test together and you will have to provide us with your feedback. Even if the changes make it to Titan they will just be the beginning! Although admittedly a quite rocky beginning

So let me go into a bit more detail about the upcoming changes: as you know our intention was to start out on Sparta with a new dpm vs tl curve, because our investigations revealed that the current one was all over the place. Based on the calculations Neocron used, we built a new tool to visualize the dpm taking into account things like the reloading time, clip size and more. We felt quite confident that this would work and result in a balanced dpm vs tl curve, but in the end this approach failed.

We assumed the frequency to be at least approximately fixed, which is wrong. The frequency of weapons changes with the skillpoints the player invests in certain skills. We now implemented a new option which enables us to turn this dependency of the weapon frequency on the player's skill setup on or off. We will apply a new balanced dpm vs tl curve to Vedeena with T#186 and we will disable the dependency of the weapon frequency on the player's skill setup.

We decided against the introduction of an additional term in the damage calculation to compensate for this effect, because this would make the computations far more complex than they need to be.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

»After the patch is before the patch!«

Cash Shop when?

I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast