Thread: Vehicle Damage

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Im not getting involved in your flame war but I just would like to ask if the Anti Vehicle launchers are still in game? If they are do they work?

It seems like this thread has gone from vehicles need to be nerfed to bombers need to be nerfed. To the casual observer (me) it looks like it is bombers that need to be nerfed (in one opinion) whereas regular ground vehicles dont?

If its the case of open cockpit vehicles (trike etc) then you can still target the driver so i think this is ok right?

In the case of the rhino - its a fucking tank - of course it should outdamage a man with a creed on his shoulder. For many years it didnt have this ability and you would get LE'd creed tanks ruining rhino farming which took two people to do (characters) over the one guy on foot. I think this is also a good thing that this has now changed. If one person on foot wants to take down a tank they need an antivehicle launcher in my eyes.

Same for the flying vehicles, fall damage alone should kill the pilot so you can just get yourself a decent SAM launcher and ruin that fuckers day bob? Isnt this the best way? Dont get mean, get even.

If memory serves we used to get the AV launchers in MB. I havent logged in in a while but I think this is the best thing for it no?

Certainly i think it solves your arguments.

I agree Will and also made the point that with an Anti Vehicle launcher that would solve the issue in hand some time ago. But that is something that would need the balancing resource to look at as they are currently in effective against vehicles.
    Last edited by bobhoskins; 04-07-17 at 12:28. Reason: Added info

So am I seeing that correctly Bob is pissed because he has no tactical awareness and canīt take down a bomber because it does more dmg then any weapon ingame , you do know that a bomber needs 2 guys , who have to be in voice to work properly and it can easy be taken down by 1 guy if they do it clever ?

Bob your Kind of PvP involves having 30 chars logged out nearby and 2 PPUs supporting you , one Player that uses your accounts so he can avoid his ban . That is nearly the same ... Not everyone can log 50 chars if he dies , so Iīm for nerfing Bob and deleting lets say 50 of his 75 chars.

I'm surprised Chazz hasn't commented yet as he was PMing me on discord to not mention the vehicles being overpowered as it's their only viable way to do PVE currently with the increased damage over weapons. So the guys supporting this are not taking balance into consideration, just for personal gain..

Lol chazz when we foguht your clan- 3 of us vs 6 + i myself am playing 3 hackers for layers. So i have to log 3 different characters for each layer. You moan about duel logs but during this fight you play 3 different characters after they got killed... Peggy, Chazz , and Chazzinator, your member Disco starting on Tank who died and then switched to hybrid... Oh man you do provide me amusement
    You have no argument to support Vehicles being this overpowered. Stop the flaming and consider balance in NC before this game gets dragged deeper underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Im not getting involved in your flame war but I just would like to ask if the Anti Vehicle launchers are still in game? If they are do they work?
    They're still in the game, but do no additional damage to vehicles. Every time Bob has attempted to raise bombers being over-powered on Discord we've said that AV Launchers need to be sorted out to add more tactical gameplay than just grinding them down with normal weapons.

Bombers are not OP. It's just that not every class has the means to counter them as efficiently as other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    ...So the guys supporting this are not taking balance into consideration, just for personal gain..
    You can't flame anyone for doing that, as you are ignoring the bigger picture. You chose to ignore how easy they are to take down, how they require multiple people, skill, coordination and instead focus only on dmg.

Supporters have said they have to do increased dmg, because of their before mentioned hurdles.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Check out the new NeoFragger killboard here

You are missing the bigger picture. The DPS is simply too high and make's weapons obsolete in comparison

So Bob talking about the bigger Picture , you do know even if you dont like it that Bombers are fun to do pve , rhinos too ?
    Ohh and you mentioned my only 3 PvP chars yes i have to use them because i cant log like you an endless stream of chars because you get killed off easy.

All you want that nobody uses them because you just dont like them or cant fly them. that is no reason to nerf something

Something being fun doesn't detract from the point it's not balanced chazz. Put your selfish view points aside and take balance into consideration.. Fun is not the point in hand... The issue is the huge gap in damage between vehicles and weapons... Lol so you comment about me using 3 characters that i used for hacking layers.. And use 3 chars yourself because you died on your first 2 , you are a comedian in disguise . I would just like to see the vehicles balanced or a suitable counter vs those vehicles as currently you have a competitive advantage using vehicles over weapons and that shouldn't be the case in a game that caters for a pvp community, balance is more important. You guys need to look at the biggest picture rather than selfish opinions fulfilling your preferred play-style currently due to the increased damage. This game needs more clans back, they are less likely to return when the winner of pvp boils to who is using the most vehicles lol.
    Last edited by bobhoskins; 04-07-17 at 13:15. Reason: Added info

Something being fun doesn't detract from the point it's not balanced chazz. Put your selfish view points aside and take balance into consideration.. Lol so you comment about me using 3 characters that i used for hacking layers.. And use 3 chars yourself because you died on your first 2 , you are a comedian in disguise . I would just like to see the vehicles balanced or a suitable counter vs those vehicles as currently you have a competitive advantage using vehicles over weapons and that shouldn't be the case in a game that caters for a pvp community, balance is more important. You guys need to look at the biggest picture rather than selfish opinions fulfilling your preferred play-style currently due to the increased damage. This game needs more clans back, they are less likely to return when the winner of pvp boils to who is using the most vehicles lol.
    So the comedian in disguise is you

Kiss with DIS

No one agrees with you Bob, Rekt and BG are enemies yet we agree on a lot of things including Vhc. You've lost your argument due to your flaming and nonsensical posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DIS View Post
    No one agrees with you Bob, Rekt and BG are enemies yet we agree on a lot of things including Vhc. You've lost your argument due to your flaming and nonsensical posts.
    I have seen several clans agree and discuss about this issue both on Discord and in game... One runner returned recently after a 3 month period of inactive and was shocked to see the overpowerd vehicle damage hasn't been addressed yet. But unfortunately most don't comment on here as they are hounded by the guys with selfish opinions just supporting their preferred playstyle.
    I have provided valid points why it is not balanced. You have all failed to counter and justify and try clutching at straws in attempt to sideline the awareness i am providing. Currently weapons are obsolete compared with Vehicles, the DPS between the 2 is too far apart... That comes hand in hand with your desperate attempts to avoid the vehicles being balanced as the information is all there.... The guys arguing against the damage being too high here have stated that they dont want it nerfed as they are the only good things left for PVE. So it all boils down to personal gain/benefit "selfish opinions" rather than looking at balance as a whole across the group sets... It's players like this that put off clan's playing when they rally so hard to keep something in game that is really out of line.
    Last edited by bobhoskins; 04-07-17 at 14:02. Reason: Added info

Bob all you have done is repeatedly state they do too much damage. Even in doing so you have shown inconsistencies with how much damage they do.

This, along with your general lack of knowledge on how vehicles work, throws your claims of testing into dispute.

Once we know your claims of testing are rubbish, we also have to question your inconsistent accounts of how much damage they actually do.

You then realise that people aren't agreeing so try to discredit them, this isn't going to help your argument seem like a logical one for balance. It turns it into a flame war, from which nothing constructive will come.

We have provided several short comings of vehicles, to which your only reply was that they do too much damage. Completely ignoring the other relevant points which must be taken into account when balancing.

Balance isn't as simple as "make the flashy numbers smaller".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    Bob all you have done is repeatedly state they do too much damage. Even in doing so you have shown inconsistencies with how much damage they do.

This, along with your general lack of knowledge on how vehicles work, throws your claims of testing into dispute.

Once we know your claims of testing are rubbish, we also have to question your inconsistent accounts of how much damage they actually do.

You then realise that people aren't agreeing so try to discredit them, this isn't going to help your argument seem like a logical one for balance. It turns it into a flame war, from which nothing constructive will come.

We have provided several short comings of vehicles, to which your only reply was that they do too much damage. Completely ignoring the other relevant points which must be taken into account when balancing.

Balance isn't as simple as "make the flashy numbers smaller".

I've stated enough , not going to waste anymore of my time ... It's players like yourselfs that are a big part of the reason why we have such a small player base when you go out of your way to rally against balance. Real shame that the main active player base now would rather have am unbalanced area of the game for personal gains rather than taking the bigger part of the community into account . Shit we are literally at the worst active population and pvp right now since titans revival in 2012. And we still have players going out of their way to defend areas thay are not balanced. Wow

I've stated enough , not going to waste anymore of my time ... It's players like yourselfs that are a big part of the reason why we have such a small player base when you go out of your way to rally against balance. Real shame that the main active player base now would rather have am unbalanced area of the game for personal gains rather than taking the bigger part of the community into account . Shit we are literally at the worst active population and pvp right now since titans revival in 2012. And we still have players going out of their way to defend areas thay are not balanced. Wow
    Again, I invited you to discuss the other points we raised regarding vhc short comings and you turn it into a discredit & flame post. This attitude isn't welcome in balancing a game. You say everyone in this thread is making it personal - yet it is you blaming everyone else for the games demise. It's this attitude which makes you so difficult to reason with.

I've made several well rounded posts showing both sides and providing evidence. Until you provide similar I'm not getting dragged into insulting those who disagree with me.

And incase my view has got lost in the sea of flaming this has become - Vehicles don't require a nerf (see earlier for reasons)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast