Default Double run speed in hacknet

I saw this in another thread and posted it there so I thought I would make an official thread about it.

How about doubling run speed in hacknet to give hackers somewhere A) fast and B) "relatively" safe to travel through if they don't want/have a vehicle. Also can we have the NON-OP GR locations added to hacknet too.

Also can we have people entering Hacknet from GR locations possibly instead of their hq all the time (out of the city this is - if youre inside nc then go to hq if youre in the wastelands then go to the point out there).
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Really? I always have a problem staying on the paths in HN, even with the current speed
    I cant stand the place anyways though hehe.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Originally hacknet runspeed took into account hack and tech as well as agl and atl. It was pretty useful as a mode of transport back then, although indeed a nightmare to stay on the paths.

Might be neat to see it back again, although it does eliminate any possibility of a defending HN hacker stopping someone from reaching the term.

Also, clans owning OPs enter HN at the op if they hack the GR in the UG. So something along those lines could be more widely implemented.

We also have the slightly weird situation now where all the old DoY factions are still "near" to DoY in hacknet, despite being based elsewhere.

But then hacknet is a piece of crap knocked up in the week before NC2 launch, and I've always considered it a write-off unless someone is prepared to devote a serious amount of resources too it..
    Last edited by CMaster; 26-10-12 at 14:29.

Totally agree Hacknet should be overhauled.

Entering form the correct GR location makes sense in many ways, as does moving around the Faction locations internally. It even makes some more sense to me in op wars - in that if the Attacking clan owned the op in the next zone, they can gain faster access to the near by ops via the hacknet-network

Massive overhaul and redesign of hacknet would be amazing, right now it's really stale

I am sure that widening the paths would not be too hard to do?

As for problems with "hacking" the gr at the end. Well make them ACTUALLY hack it like they do the other layers. Bingo suddenly you need more hackers to attack/defend the internal hacknet zone. This again could open up new avenues for some pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I am sure that widening the paths would not be too hard to do?

As for problems with "hacking" the gr at the end. Well make them ACTUALLY hack it like they do the other layers. Bingo suddenly you need more hackers to attack/defend the internal hacknet zone. This again could open up new avenues for some pvp.
    Not in its current state, maybe in a 2 v 1 scenario, spec'ing xray and energy and having pheonix database software pretty much makes you invincible to other players

So it is a problem with damaging each other? I have to admit despite having a hacknet spy on terra briefly (for ionic farming) I never actually pvped with one. Well damaging each other as hacknet spies can surely be easily balanced out in the same way as the ideas kicking around in the weapon balancing thread. It is one (two possibly?) type of damage and one type of resist I believe.

Admittedly in the current state this is unlikely to happen but if patches are happening perhaps that can change.