Default Problem with installation

hi there,

i recently setup my rig with a fresh win7 version and installed neocron. Everythings fine so far but when i start it, it just shuts down at the point i should choose the resolution.
    A look in the Error log says:
    free memory: 2859 MB physical, 4095 MB virtual (70%)
    File Check complete: 1169 files checked
    Exception created No Driver System available
    Error: No Driver System available
    So, how do i make neocron see my drivers? Got an ATI HD 4870 which has drivers installed (Drivers only without this stupid CCC). Sidenote: Other games work fine. Just Neocron is makeing trouble.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Did you use the newest version of the client (available from www.neocron-game.com) to install Neocron?
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I had the same Problem with one of my Win7 rigs.
    Just downloaded and installed DirectX 9 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by MGGhost View Post
    I had the same Problem with one of my Win7 rigs.
    Just downloaded and installed DirectX 9 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and it worked.
    This is what I assume the problem to be. Those prerequisites are included in the latest version of the client available at www.neocron-game.com.

Powerpunsh, if this is the issue you're experiencing can you please let us know where you downloaded the client from so we can try and get in touch.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Im not Powerpunsh, but since i hade the same problems, maybe this helps.
    I downloaded the Client from www.neocron-game.com about a week ago and installed it one two rigs.
    My main gaming rig with Windows 8 Professional with directx 9 already on and it installed the client and Visual C++.
    The second one was a clean Windows 7 Home Premium and it only installed the NC client, so i had to download the prerequisites on my own.

...The second one was a clean Windows 7 Home Premium and it only installed the NC client, so i had to download the prerequisites on my own.
    I am a little puzzled by this. The Direct X and C++ installation options are checked by default. Was there any error messages saying these parts failed to install?

One more thing. You say you installed Neocron on a clean Windows 7 installation. Did you install your graphics drivers before installing Neocron or after installing Neocron?
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

All hardware driver and a alternate browser were installed bevor the Client.
    I took all options as standard, except the game directory.
    Then the installer run and finished without errors, but it seems to not install the visual c++ part on this machine (not checked the directx part).

All hardware driver and a alternate browser were installed bevor the Client.
    I took all options as standard, except the game directory.
    Then the installer run and finished without errors, but it seems to not install the visual c++ part on this machine (not checked the directx part).
    Can you try running the C++ and DirectX redistributables setup files and see if they come back with an error? You should find them in the redist folder of your Neocron install.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 14-10-13 at 22:03. Reason: Typo - redis = redist
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The DirectX Setup just installed the Software again, without any errors.
    And the Visual C++ just ask to deinstall the Software. But only affects the x86 Version, i even installed the x64 Version.

hi there

is it possible to play neocron on a mac with crossover tool?

thanks
    Pourquoi tant de haine?

Quote Originally Posted by Jipz View Post
    hi there

thanks
    The Neocron Support Team will only provide support for running Neocron on windows.

I am not aware of any mac users running Neocron on their mac's but I'm sure those users will confirm whether Neocron works or doesn't work on a mac. However I stress again, running Neocron on anything but windows is officially not supported.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

I can't get Neocron to connect to the loginserver when running it through Crossover, but it does work with Parallels.

ok its downloading gonna give a try tonight, can' wait to kill some grimes
    Pourquoi tant de haine?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jipz View Post
    hi there

thanks
    MAC USER!!

Sorry, had to do it
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Downloading the client now. Im sure i did this a week ago but lets give it a try.
    Btw: Does nc still bug with chrome? Im using chrome for the first time now and not sure how to handle probably further issues.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast