former king of saturn

Question When/If Steam Greenlight: Would you be willing to start fresh?

A random thought about the progression of NC as it pertains to fresh blood-- If a Steam Greenlight release were to occur, would you be willing to swallow a pill and show up for "day 1 re-re-re-re-release" as a 0/2?

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    A random thought about the progression of NC as it pertains to fresh blood-- If a Steam Greenlight release were to occur, would you be willing to swallow a pill and show up for "day 1 re-re-re-re-release" as a 0/2?
    No.

:<

Steam-ready Neocrack would be completely different game probably, so why not.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    Steam-ready Neocrack would be completely different game probably, so why not.
    Couple of points:

- It would still be free. So why go 2 slot when you can still make multiple Accounts?

- The people who stuck with the game through the "sad tiems" should not be punished yet again by another reset.

- Having high lvl people around makes getting gear, information and clan membership way, way easier for beginners to attain.

- There is no content creep like in other MMO's. Everything a maxed out char currently has is reachable for a beginner in a reasonable amount of time. So a reset is in no way necessary.

- NST has confirmend: Titan is meant to stay.

Definately not, unless they had 10x Exp Gain for first month of re release, that may persuade me.

former king of saturn

Kinda surprised at the devout resistance, but in the end I get it. I hate leveling probably more than most. It's just that knowing the way the economy changes when the server has a high-level playerbase makes one wonder about the opportunities provided to new players.

Kinda surprised at the devout resistance, but in the end I get it. I hate leveling probably more than most. It's just that knowing the way the economy changes when the server has a high-level playerbase makes one wonder about the opportunities provided to new players.
    I'd count on peoples generosity there.

People have been helping me out very well when i started again.

I would be fine with it.

yes, of course. the early Titan was as exciting as NC1, because everyone had to care for the game, not just the endgame. i'd even pay for a fresh server with everyone starting from 0/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    yes, of course. the early Titan was as exciting as NC1, because everyone had to care for the game, not just the endgame. i'd even pay for a fresh server with everyone starting from 0/2.
    I don't understand your reasoning.

So People don't care about the game once they play endgame?

Do you mean people don't get assistance while leveling? my experience was very different.

I still say no to a wipe.

The thing you have to understand about Torg is this: whatever the common sense normal approach that the majority would take on a given subject is, Torg will claim to support the opposite.

Of course this is pure speculation; it can never be proven because a server wipe hasnt happened.

"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

former king of saturn

I don't think Torg is too off his rocker with his response. I'd be willing to start fresh if it was for the best interest of the game. I don't believe new players entering a world full of capped players is as enticing and compelling for them as it is to start on a more even playing field.

If there was a wipe I would of liked to see more new player friendly fixes. For example the missions screen having a full screen of missions instead of having to click through them. Also instead of killing 5 of something you kill 10+ and earn more xp/money and more missions added overall would be great. Not sure how much work that would be but surely should be doable and would enhance the new player experience a lot. There are various other small changes/fixes that can be made. Small attention to detail can go a long way.

I am sure that the NST will get Kirk to bring NC to Steam, right after solving the middle east conflict and planting weed on Mars.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    I am sure that the NST will get Kirk to bring NC to Steam, right after solving the middle east conflict and planting weed on Mars.

Can we somehow fit MJS into that equation for old times?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast