Thread: Vehicle Damage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JoshCooper View Post
    These vehicles also require 2 people to use, they should do more dmg as your taking 2 foot soldiers away. The exceptions being the trike & assault gliders which leaves the driver super vulnerable and only able to shoot in a small cone infront.
    No they don't these vehicles i am referring to can be piloted and gunned by one runner. The bomber pilot can also drop the bombs, and that vehicle specifically has 4x DPS output than that of any weapon available lol. You are clutching at straws to try and find justification for an area that is currently unbalanced. Vehicle's have never been this way in neocron and have never supposed to be.
    Last edited by bobhoskins; 04-07-17 at 10:47. Reason: Added info

Quote Originally Posted by bobhoskins View Post
    No they don't these vehicles i am referring to can be piloted and gunned by one runner. The bomber pilot can also drop the bombs, and that vehicle specifically has 4x DPS output than that of any weapon available lol. You are clutching at straws to try and find justification for an area that is currently unbalanced. Vehicle's have never been this way in neocron and have never supposed to be.
    Now you really are showing your lack of knowledge on the subject. No bombing vehicle allows the pilot to drop bombs. Bombing involves 2 people, skill & coordination.

You already admitted on discord you have no interest in participating in vehicle PvP - please don't try to ruin it for those who enjoy it because you cba to counter it / don't have the back up to take one on.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Check out the new NeoFragger killboard here

Now you really are showing your lack of knowledge on the subject. No bombing vehicle allows the pilot to drop bombs. Bombing involves 2 people, skill & coordination.

You already admitted on discord you have no interest in participating in vehicle PvP - please don't try to ruin it for those who enjoy it because you cba to counter it / don't have the back up to take one on.

Just trying to get a more balanced game. Regardless if it take's 2 guys that doesnt justifty the vehicle DPS being 5 time's higher than any weapon in game with a higher survivibility than any runner. Currently the weapons are obsolete in comparison to vehicles due to the differences in damage. This is apparent in both PVP & PVE. I've seen a runner saying the other day about how he was farming firemobs with his cannon and players just told him straight up your doing it wrong... you need to use a rhino because of the increased damage.. So now runners are more restricted in play styles when it comes to both elements unless they want to choose the less effective path

Kiss with DIS

So now runners are more restricted in play styles when it comes to both elements unless they want to choose the less effective path
    Rubbish... VHC will always be more powerful than hand weapons, isn't that the point? Players have the choice whether to invest in a VHC or not.. its a choice, ofc using a rhino is preferred over using cannons, but they are expensive, costly to maintain if you don't repair and can get easily overwhelmed if you do not have separate players driving and gunning.

I attacked a Rhino at El Farid the other day with 3-4 clan mates, no PPU.. PE, APU and hybrid, it had to leave... it could not kill us as we used cover and flanked it, not that difficult really.

VHC dps has been put to a level where it's useable again, pre patch you could out DPS any VHC which is ridiculous...

Kiss with DIS

There are two bombers, the main DOY bomber and a glider that drops bombs, both require bomber and pilot, latter leaves the players vulnerable to attack as its open top like any other Glider. So much for your 200+ hours of VHC testing...

Bombers are slow, hard to manoeuvrer and require team co-ordination, a single bomber going to an OP with no eyes on the ground will fail... BG proved that when they sent two bombers at us when they had no ground troops attacking, which we made a video of and posted... BG have also fended off a single bomber at Cycrow that we sent without a problem.

As you are so predictable by attacking from the UG and getting bombed then you will of course die and we will keep hovering over the entrance because you are predictable - the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting the same result - famous quote there Bob, you could learn a thing or two from it.

[Edited] Before the Kami nerf your clan were big users of kami drones. Since they have been balanced not at all. You then switched to the Woc Launchers as they were also overpowered 2 hits killing any unbuffed character... This has now been balanced and you have all stopped using it as usual as you can no longer exploit the damage. The one exploitable area remaining is vehicles.. and you are trying your hardest to justify why it's not overpowered. Regardless if it takes 2 runners or not, that does not justify it doing 5x minimum increase over the highest hitting weapon. This needs to be addressed as currently weapons /normal pvp is obsolute compared to a vehicle which has much higher survivability than any combat character and has the ability to cause significantly more damage and also from more of a distance. VHC can be more powerfull than hand weapons i can agree on that... but it shouldn't be 5x more powerful than the highest hitting weapon in game lol
    Last edited by Bifrost; 04-07-17 at 12:10. Reason: Exploit discussion

vhc do 2x dmg .... vhc do 4x dmg .... vhc do 5x dmg....
    Which is it? You seem to be increasing their dmg with each new post. I think it's best you get these "many" other runners to come and post. If the community as a whole thinks it needs a nerf I'd happily submit.

However I very much suspect it's you just wanting to nerf an area you personally don't like.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is it? You seem to be increasing their dmg with each new post. I think it's best you get these "many" other runners to come and post. If the community as a whole thinks it needs a nerf I'd happily submit.

However I very much suspect it's you just wanting to nerf an area you personally don't like.
    Those factors are relevant to vehicle that can be piloted and gunned by 1 runner and the other 2 runners. Just like to point out that the only members commenting about not wanting it a balanced are all from the one clan that is exploting the damage for their personal benefit. All Bad Dragon members who have changed clan name to "Rekt". Unfortunately in all games you always get the little toxic group of kiddys that like to exploit areas that are overpowered. Those well versed in pvp haven't touched them as they were not intended for that.. they are only being exploited now for it because of the damage irregularities

Bob - if you're having the revert to flaming and name-calling, rather than defending your point, then your point just isn't a very strong one.

No flaming intended... Apologies if any offense was taking from that post... I was just providing awareness off the group off individuals that are replying to this thread

Those factors are relevant to vehicle that can be piloted and gunned by 1 runner and the other 2 runners. Just like to point out that the only members commenting about not wanting it a balanced are all from the one clan that is exploting the damage for their personal benefit. All Bad Dragon members who have changed clan name to "Rekt". Unfortunately in all games you always get the little toxic group of kiddys that like to exploit areas that are overpowered. Those well versed in pvp haven't touched them as they were not intended for that.. they are only being exploited now for it because of the damage irregularities
    I wondered how long till that argument came up. All your points end up with you posting that kami thread and complaining that a whole clan has a different view from you. So what if all players commenting are from a single clan? They still make up a larger proportion of the community then you and your clan, are their views not valid because they are in a clan you personally don't like?

At this point in the thread it's only you wanting this change. Don't act like you don't have your own agenda - everyone does.
    You'd rather not actually try to counter / test vehicles though, whereas others in the community have.
    Last edited by JoshCooper; 04-07-17 at 11:56. Reason: typo

I wondered how long till that argument came up. All your points end up with you posting that kami thread and complaining that a whole clan has a different view from you. So what if all players commenting are from a single clan? They still make up a larger proportion of the community then you are your clan, are their views not valid because they are in a clan you personally don't like?

At this point in the thread it's only you wanting this change. Don't act like you don't have your own agenda - everyone does.
    You'd rather not actually try to counter / test vehicles though, whereas others in the community have.

I did actually test the vehicles against all weapon group sets which has led the conclusion stated above.You can verify this yourself's in game if you don't believe it. I have no personal agenda i would just like to see NC balanced as fairly as possible.