Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So I want to get a couple demo sounds done. I would like some feedback from the community on what you feel is a truely Nostalgic sound element that can use enhancement but no changing to keep the game nostalgic. And I will pick an Element of the game I would change for the better that may not particularly be Nostalgic and do it over.
    Thank You,

Patrick "Midgar" Stone

I cant help but i wish the vehiclesounds, mostly the Quad sound need an overhaul. The Rhino needs a more deeper humming sound... would be more fun to drive it and specially the Rhino with it horse power and tons of weight.

Neocron has a very own special feeling and that not last effected by the sounds. I gladly compare it to the movie Bladerunner. Btw. there is nice new film with similar feeling. Syncronicity.

For me many sounds are very importent for the idendity of neocron. Several years after my 1st neocron game-period ends, iv remembered the sounds, so i downloaded the soundtrack. It was very fine, it felt like to be in the game simply by hearing the ost.
    But not only the music and the ambient.

For example the wind-background in the wasts effects the greatest for me.

Or the stat-upgrade sampler. So wonderful. (Thx @ Midgar for extracting it, so i can have it on my phone now

But i agree too to the bad vehicle sounds - there are very ugly.

The weapon-sounds are great. Especially the rayguncannons and the plasma-weapons. I think the orginal sound desinger made a very good work here.