Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i'm seeing this too on my ravager and i think this has to do with the client side prediction and latency. what essentially works against that theory is the fact that for me it even seems to be happening even if my latency appears good and there's no obvious warping/positional correction taking place. the mob just moves in a direction, is being hit and just doesn't lose any life, even though damage numbers are shown. maybe there's some weird geometry issues on certain maps so that the server "sees" a different geometry and thinks los is obstructed, when the client thinks otherwise. maybe even just for a short period of time. just guessing into the wild.
    I have it with static mobs, such as MC5 ones.
    Standing in the same position both me and the mob and trying again seems to work.
    Saturn
    BruteForce - HC Tank - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    PsiCorps - APU Monk - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Unlimited - Constructor Spy - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED
    Macenzie - Rifle Stealth PE - New Dawn - Twilight Guardian - RETIRED

Titan
    Brute Force - HC Tank - City Admin

MC5 is a good example of this. When pulling the base commander often you will fire once and see damage numbers but in reality you havent hit him at all. This will happen 2 or 3 times in a row before the damage is actually registered and he gets pulled.

Ok everyone. I need more information than what is being posted. When you say plasma wave weapons, I need to know which plasma wave weapon.

Also tell me if you are also holding down the mouse button to continuously fire, or tapping it to fire.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    Ok everyone. I need more information than what is being posted. When you say plasma wave weapons, I need to know which plasma wave weapon.

Also tell me if you are also holding down the mouse button to continuously fire, or tapping it to fire.
    Ravager, Creed. Holding down the mouse button, unless i lose aim. but it doesn't stop there. it think even lance psi spells are affected by this and most likely all weapons with a visible attack component, like pulse weapons.

i think the best way to show you the actual issue, would be if you were either to go hunt with them or try the mc5 example. maybe get direction from the people how to reproduce the scenario in mc5.
    Last edited by eNTi; 03-05-13 at 00:00.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

NCPD Plasma wave not registering still. Issue only when target is moving.

Healing light, tapping mouse

Ionic weapons seem to have the same issue. Rifle and Cannon that i've seen personally. Not sure of pistol.

ALL beam weapons = laser rifles, laser cannons, laser pistols, plasma waves
    Ionic Pistol the same

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

Beam weapon hit registration should be significantly improved on Vedeena as of the time of writing. These improvements will make their way to Titan with the next patch.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12