Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    William Antrim it is clear that you hold a very ingrained opinion of the two projects. It is clear we're not going to change your opinion of us with anything I could possibly say in this thread. It's clear you have a preference. That's fine, you're entitled to have that preference. With that said I would respectfully suggest that putting your energies into assisting your preferred project, would be a better and more constructive use of those energies.

So rather than putting our energies into an argument it's clear would be futile here today, we can put our energies into improving our own project. Into improving our communication. Into making sure that in time we may be able to change some of those opinions that the community has of our team and project.
    Well you arent going to change anyone's opinion with posts like the "moving forward" thread which was so vague and generic it was verging on political.

We are all anxious to see this project go some place and actually revive neocron but its apparent that currently its dying a very slow death.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post

So rather than putting our energies into an argument it's clear would be futile here today, we can put our energies into improving our own project. Into improving our communication. Into making sure that in time we may be able to change some of those opinions that the community has of our team and project.

Like that very much
    G

Quote Originally Posted by nujax View Post
    I don't want to be insulting but I feel you might be delusional if you think this project is going to generate much more of a player base then this game currently has
    cmon even mjs is hyped thats what he posted on the nc:c board

Quote Originally Posted by Martin J. Schwiezer [KK] View Post
    I didn't see this coming. Great to see that people have such strong nostalgic sentiments for Neocron. For those of you who don't know me, I'm that old fart that came up with the original idea for this game in the late 90s and directed its development. I also wrote the timeline, did the logo, the name... even the design of THIS forum (as it's an almost 1:1 remake of the original late 90s forum design). If you have any questions about faction names, the timeline, Reza... well, just general Neocron lore, feel free to post them here. I will stop by from time to time to see how things are coming.

Anyway, I'm highly curious how this project will turn out (and only really found out about it due to blatant advertisement on one of our current game's Steam forum). I hereby authorize the NC:C guys to continue with their blatant advertisement on our forums and on KK's social channels.

Again... I'm super excited to see how this turns out and wish you guys all the best!

Cheers,
    MJS

Quote Originally Posted by nujax View Post
    I don't want to be insulting but I feel you might be delusional if you think this project is going to generate much more of a player base then this game currently has
    At this point there is no generating a new playerbase. PC gaming is roaring right now there are new games worth playing coming out weekly. Nobody has time to play them all. 16 year olds are not going to decide to download and play neocron its just not happening.

The only chance of having a playerbase is to appeal to the nostalgia as much as possible and get the old players online again.

Its like Divide mentioned ultima online...i mean, UO is so old it makes neocron look like a sparkly next gen game. But there is still a retail UO, and there are still fully populated private UO shards. And I can tell you one thing for sure...no 16 year old kids are playing UO. Those shards are fully populated by older players who are back for the nostalgia and to relive the game. Aiming for anything else with a 10+ year old game is ridiculous.

No triv. I desperately want to see both projects succeed. It annoys me that simple stuff like communication from many sides is so completely borked when it is stark staringly obvious that this is one very simple thing that will generate some interest in this game. Go back through my post history if you must but it's fairly obvious that I care deeply about both projects. It just irritates me that people can't see that.

It is nothing personal to anyone involved but I just want to see the game succeed and be a real gem. Anyone can see that. I will wholeheartedly support you guys and sing your praises from the rooftops if you give us something to get excited about. But you don't. Despite multiple requests to see what the future brings and what stuff you have in the pipeline.

Because of that we are left to wonder and to speculate and with the history of your predecessor and the speed of progress that speculation has turned to criticism.

With the additional excitement of another project and one which offers open and and honest communication from the get go it is small wonder that comparisons are not favourably drawn.

If I didn't care I wouldn't be here, I'd have moved on like so many before me.

I just wish you lot could see that.

A reason to log in is all most of us need. We don't care much for software development. We are gamers. We like it simple and straight forward. We want to get excited about NC again. The classic program has done that but you guys can easily do the same. It is never too late.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 15-07-16 at 09:45.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Just poking my head in here to say thank you all for the support and thank you to the NST for the shout out!

I really see this as a great thing for the NC Community, to have the option to play the Classic, or play the Evolved!

Zoltan & the team have worked very hard on this version of Neocron and we admire them for their service to the community, heck, these servers aren't cheap! And the code was a mess :P

I'm hoping the community comes together to support BOTH projects and Neocron grows from here!
    [ Signature removed for violation of the forum rules ]

Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post
    True, sad and very interesting.
    LMAO

It's more interesting to find out if the other team can keep their credibility and make a game that attracts the largest part of the community instead of the part closest to them.

so I can see that we are still waiting on all the pre doy information then

Quote Originally Posted by damien vryce View Post
    so I can see that we are still waiting on all the pre doy information then
    Hm? I don't think I understand this post? I could clarify things for you if need be?

Quote Originally Posted by Lykos View Post
    Hm? I don't think I understand this post? I could clarify things for you if need be?
    I seemed to have miss read the threads starter post from heavy load. I thought he was asking for a compilation of pre doy information and item database. my mistake
    BAD ASS 74/65 NERFED HYB {apu now}
    BLACK SOUL 79/67 RIFLE PE

AND SOMEOTHERS I WONT SAY

Quote Originally Posted by damien vryce View Post
    I seemed to have miss read the threads starter post from heavy load. I thought he was asking for a compilation of pre doy information and item database. my mistake
    Oh, no problem if you would like to find more information on the project, head over to our forums https://forum.neocron.org and hit up the Q&A thread. I realize it has grown QUITE a bit, but I will be cleaning it up sometime this next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykos View Post
    Oh, no problem if you would like to find more information on the project, head over to our forums https://forum.neocron.org and hit up the Q&A thread. I realize it has grown QUITE a bit, but I will be cleaning it up sometime this next week.
    no problems my friend I've been over there for a couple weeks now. I used oldest known neocron name on ncc forums Bad Ass. trust me I'm following things very closely on a hours basis

sometimes things get "hazey" and I misread things.
    BAD ASS 74/65 NERFED HYB {apu now}
    BLACK SOUL 79/67 RIFLE PE

AND SOMEOTHERS I WONT SAY

Quote Originally Posted by BolognaTugboat View Post
    At this point there is no generating a new playerbase. PC gaming is roaring right now there are new games worth playing coming out weekly. Nobody has time to play them all. 16 year olds are not going to decide to download and play neocron its just not happening.

The only chance of having a playerbase is to appeal to the nostalgia as much as possible and get the old players online again.

Its like Divide mentioned ultima online...i mean, UO is so old it makes neocron look like a sparkly next gen game. But there is still a retail UO, and there are still fully populated private UO shards. And I can tell you one thing for sure...no 16 year old kids are playing UO. Those shards are fully populated by older players who are back for the nostalgia and to relive the game. Aiming for anything else with a 10+ year old game is ridiculous.
    That's if you think every 16 year old wants and plays COD. That might be your perception but look at Minecraft, you don't need shiny graphics and great mechanics to pull people in.

A game like Neocron does not need millions of people, it doesn't even need thousands, a few hundred active players is enough to create the atmosphere needed.

As long as it feels fresh and polished with regular content then they will attract the players back again.

Quote Originally Posted by J45 View Post
    That's if you think every 16 year old wants and plays COD. That might be your perception but look at Minecraft, you don't need shiny graphics and great mechanics to pull people in.

A game like Neocron does not need millions of people, it doesn't even need thousands, a few hundred active players is enough to create the atmosphere needed.

As long as it feels fresh and polished with regular content then they will attract the players back again.
    I dont think the game is big enough to have more than about 500 playing together if they all decided they suddenly wanted to go to plaza 1

I remember the times when people would stand in p1 early in 2003 and advertise things and in the trade advert local chat was muted. A telling sign of population.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by J45 View Post

Nah, pc gaming is on fire and has been for years. So many great titles to play. There is absolutely no reason for a new gamer to play an old buggy game from 10-20 years ago. Its for the nostalgia, and that's it. You gotta target the original players.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast