Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Let's get back to the root idea. Say we can alter XP gains based on the actions taken by different classes. What other areas of you see as problem areas? Monk DEX being a prime example.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Let's get back to the root idea. Say we can alter XP gains based on the actions taken by different classes. What other areas of you see as problem areas? Monk DEX being a prime example.
    overall

20 is reachable through quests.
    Constitution up to 40 also works.
    If a secondary sill goes above 20 it's just a pain (500 TL150 Res missions.. COME ON!!!!)

Monk:

Intelligence
    Dexterity

Spy:

Strength

Tank:

Constitution (like srsly)

I don't have any experience with a PE yet.

But i'd wager

Intelligence and PSI

Are troublesome

Regards

Odi

^and monk Str. I had so much trouble with monk Str that I gave up on a monk and made a PE (and this is coming from an NC1 player... but I just never played a monk.)

I think dealing damage with fists should level str/dex at some rate. This would only help out new players and low level characters for the first ~5 levels but it probably wouldn't be uncommon for a new player to be punching scorpions in MC5. If he is a monk and he is observant enough to watch his xp and realizes he gained 0 xp, he might think the game is bugged. I'm not sure if spies gain xp with fists. But really, since it's like "unequipped" damage, it should probably be the same for all four classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo View Post
    ^and monk Str. I had so much trouble with monk Str that I gave up on a monk and made a PE (and this is coming from an NC1 player... but I just never played a monk.)

I think dealing damage with fists should level str/dex at some rate. This would only help out new players and low level characters for the first ~5 levels but it probably wouldn't be uncommon for a new player to be punching scorpions in MC5. If he is a monk and he is observant enough to watch his xp and realizes he gained 0 xp, he might think the game is bugged. I'm not sure if spies gain xp with fists. But really, since it's like "unequipped" damage, it should probably be the same for all four classes.
    Strength 20 you can easily reach through aggie missions.

Also the Stats should rise while using your MAIN Skill.

A Monk with Rifle

or a Spy with a Sword

That's just dumb and counterintuitive.

I wouldn't say it's dumb or counter-intuitive. I think what you meant to say is, "I think it's dumb that anyone would ever think to make a melee spy or a rifle monk" which is an opinion - even if you are mostly right there, if a player has a spy and he realizes his Str is super low, I think it's TOTALLY intuitive for him to think, "Oh, I should use Str-based skills to level my Str - maybe I can use melee, kill some stuff with that, and LoM it later". Same with a pistol monk for leveling Dex. Seems logical to me, and seems like it would be a more fun way to level those minor skills, compared to doing missions over and over. I think it should be a viable route.

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo View Post
    I wouldn't say it's dumb or counter-intuitive. I think what you meant to say is, "I think it's dumb that anyone would ever think to make a melee spy or a rifle monk" which is an opinion - even if you are mostly right there, if a player has a spy and he realizes his Str is super low, I think it's TOTALLY intuitive for him to think, "Oh, I should use Str-based skills to level my Str - maybe I can use melee, kill some stuff with that, and LoM it later". Same with a pistol monk for leveling Dex. Seems logical to me, and seems like it would be a more fun way to level those minor skills, compared to doing missions over and over. I think it should be a viable route.
    I think missions are ok, but what I would really like to see is incentive to team. A solo player could do missions, or they could cap with another player on their team. Team XP should share from stat to stat.

Quote Originally Posted by onero S View Post
    I think missions are ok, but what I would really like to see is incentive to team. A solo player could do missions, or they could cap with another player on their team. Team XP should share from stat to stat.
    It would be the best solution, definitly.

Promoting group play is a great idea.

But does it work with the current population? I doubt it.

So we'd fall back to ress missions.

How about both?

Make Teamleveling secondary skills highly effective.

Make solo leveling them at least doable.