Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Key here is in the word "need" - temporal, expensive, downtime inducing items. In answer to the above binary question - no. Temporal and downtime inducing items aren't fun. Fuck reality, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenJ View Post
    Key here is in the word "need"...
    As i mentioned above, there is no need to take them. It's up to you if you do or don't. In OP-fights you are perfectly fine to play without, it's just an extra boost or you take them to maximize a setup to it's full potential.

My exprience so far is that there are people who wanna maximize things and people who don't like the extra stress in fights. They dont like the fact to use their weapons on buffs/drugs only and therefore they dont play with them. Not to mention infight drug-rezzes or extra drugs to delay the flash. But if you really feel a disadvantage over the guys who use drugs, it's totally up to you to change your style of playing. Crying for fixes/nerfs etc. is weak and the easiest way possible to avoid having to cope with things you dont like/feel wrong.

Generally spoken, drugs are a proven thing in NC, both views have their right to exist and it's not a problem to play either style.

And one more thing looking a bit further into the future of NC: When freezes are a thing again, you'll have to take anti-freeze-drugs from time to time (hopefully not the same amount like back in the days), so it will get a lot harder for drug addicts to consistently play on a max-drugged setup (anti-freeze-drugs-drugflash-inc)!
    Last edited by OLD No.7 BrAnD; 22-05-15 at 12:04.

[UneX] - Developer | Liasion StevenJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLD No.7 BrAnD View Post
    there is no need to take them. It's up to you if you do or don't. In OP-fights you are perfectly fine to play without, it's just an extra boost or you take them to maximize a setup to it's full potential.
    In a competitive game, people want/need to maximise their effectiveness to win. While there's no need to use the best weapons, there's a very, very strong case for doing so - and that will always, always be the case.
    Last edited by StevenJ; 24-05-15 at 02:00.

All good points raised on all sides.

Drugs are a good cash sink also though, they should have a place in the world of Neocron but they should not be NEEDED. They should be simple, easy to use and part of the life as cyberpunk without drugs in some form or another is just not cyberpunk enough. There will always be dropouts, down and outs, hobos, bums whatever you want to call them but they have a place in this society. The Black Dragon clan exists to serve this aspect of society and from a "lore/rp/theme" setting there is a need for them.

However they should give a minimal edge and be an option to give extra edge to a player but not be a crutch to be used in combat.

If anything I would like to see their effects lessened and their use prolonged. They should/could perhaps be given to players levelling up and enjoying the game rather than the be all and end all of pvp as was 2.2.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    All good points raised on all sides.

Drugs are a good cash sink also though, they should have a place in the world of Neocron but they should not be NEEDED. They should be simple, easy to use and part of the life as cyberpunk without drugs in some form or another is just not cyberpunk enough. There will always be dropouts, down and outs, hobos, bums whatever you want to call them but they have a place in this society. The Black Dragon clan exists to serve this aspect of society and from a "lore/rp/theme" setting there is a need for them.

However they should give a minimal edge and be an option to give extra edge to a player but not be a crutch to be used in combat.

If anything I would like to see their effects lessened and their use prolonged. They should/could perhaps be given to players levelling up and enjoying the game rather than the be all and end all of pvp as was 2.2.
    as we are talking about cyberpunk and drugs here i would like to add another idea, although i am not sure if it can be put in the game with the current mechanics: Addiction. Right now we do get a drugflash from using drugs. but we all know that there is also a much more dire effect to drugs - called addiction. My idea would be this: If a drug with good bonuses (and I am thinking of BD FSM stuff here) is used, you risk getting addicted. The effect would be a permanent light drugflash which is only cured if another dose of the same drug is used (so no drugrezz). Once that runs out the perma-flash returns.
    This way people would have to think twice if they want the hefty bonus or not. the less severe drugs would keep the current effect though. This is meant for the good stuff ^^

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Morekai View Post
    The effect would be a permanent light drugflash which is only cured if another dose of the same drug is used (so no drugrezz). Once that runs out the perma-flash returns.
    Sounds cool, but the perma-flash can only last a couple days real time
    if no drugs are used because the addiction would then be gone.

I think the ability to continue using the drugs with no flash but a semi
    permanent flash (couple days, as above) if you stop using is a good idea.

Continuous drug use could cause implant damage, like the physical damage
    real drugs cause and, or, a temporary health reduction to go with the
    perma-flash.

Quote Originally Posted by DomeOfTerror View Post
    Sounds cool, but the perma-flash can only last a couple days real time
    if no drugs are used because the addiction would then be gone.
    Agreed - however, the counter shouldn't continue while the character is logged out. After all the idea is to make the player think about the adverse effects of drugs. So the character would have to spend quite a while in Neocron to get clean again.
    I think the ability to continue using the drugs with no flash but a semi
    permanent flash (couple days, as above) if you stop using is a good idea.

Continuous drug use could cause implant damage, like the physical damage
    real drugs cause and, or, a temporary health reduction to go with the
    perma-flash.
    Good idea. perhaps a passive Body Health debuff