My 2 cents about 2 points:

- Tutorial.
    Damn !!, Im with you, hate tutorials. I joined NC with the NC1 retail and I think it didnt have any tutorial like now, just one step and get into the city... but... players have changed in these years.

Now there are a huge group of players (and new players) that need tutorials to learn and to understand. Maybe people have become too lazy or just got used to a tutorial to start, but some features of NC are "too complex" for many new players.

- Money.
    Every one needs it, that's why we call it money. Of course NST needs an "angel" or a "white knight". The good news is that nowadays there are many options to being crownfunded or getting money for a project, believe me... there are a lot of money out there and NC does not need so much.

Maybe the first question would be... how many money do you need ?. Every project need a quote, I bet that NST does have a number yet and have made their own calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by tusinuno View Post
    My 2 cents about 2 points:

- Tutorial.
    Damn !!, Im with you, hate tutorials. I joined NC with the NC1 retail and I think it didnt have any tutorial like now, just one step and get into the city... but... players have changed in these years.

Now there are a huge group of players (and new players) that need tutorials to learn and to understand. Maybe people have become too lazy or just got used to a tutorial to start, but some features of NC are "too complex" for many new players.
    I've been toying with the idea of making a huge ass video tutorial. Covering everything from combat to trade skills and all skills. May need help though.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Maybe there would be some kind of "collaborative network" to let and encourage players to take part in light tasks of development like your idea of making a complete video tutorial.

Too many things to be done before step into Steam

Quote Originally Posted by tusinuno View Post
    Maybe there would be some kind of "collaborative network" to let and encourage players to take part in light tasks of development like your idea of making a complete video tutorial.

Too many things to be done before step into Steam
    1. Finish the balancing project. Need to get that test server up again. And really fix some shit.

2. Update graphics and textures in some areas. Outdated neocron 1 models with current neocron 2 models look weird. Also weapon models of melee weapons, drones, and psi glove need to be updated.

3. Implementation of a cash shop that offers convenience and cosmetics. Soon as you go pay to win we are fucked.

For starters. Then better new content.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Well dudes,
    a few thoughts:

close this 4 slot server and make only a 1-2 slot (i prefer 1 slot) . .u'll ask me why ^^
    New runner will do more as grinding Mobs,many will be industrialist and will research stuff or will do build Stuff,for this Runner is no place in NC with a 4 Slot Server where everyone have the right chars to do such things.
    There is no interaction with other runner in NC between the few OP fights and PP1 fun,sometimes small group in Caves . . thats all and this is crap .

New Runner need Infos for what is this and that, which makes the skill, etc.
    half of this Infos not aviable with the ? Button right top Corner in the Skill or Item menue list,so no infos and Runner quit as fast they can,because they do not get any information on the game itself.

At last,NC need a stable version without this fucking Bugs,Sync,crap Netcode and such things which spoil the fun in NC.
    Then we can go to recruit more ppl and make publicity for NC.

wintah

Quote Originally Posted by wintah View Post
    Well dudes,
    a few thoughts:

close this 4 slot server and make only a 1-2 slot (i prefer 1 slot) . .u'll ask me why ^^
    New runner will do more as grinding Mobs,many will be industrialist and will research stuff or will do build Stuff,for this Runner is no place in NC with a 4 Slot Server where everyone have the right chars to do such things.
    There is no interaction with other runner in NC between the few OP fights and PP1 fun,sometimes small group in Caves . . thats all and this is crap .

New Runner need Infos for what is this and that, which makes the skill, etc.
    half of this Infos not aviable with the ? Button right top Corner in the Skill or Item menue list,so no infos and Runner quit as fast they can,because they do not get any information on the game itself.

At last,NC need a stable version without this fucking Bugs,Sync,crap Netcode and such things which spoil the fun in NC.
    Then we can go to recruit more ppl and make publicity for NC.

wintah
    You writing all this down Trivaldi and the gang?

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    2. Update graphics and textures in some areas. Outdated neocron 1 models with current neocron 2 models look weird. Also weapon models of melee weapons, drones, and psi glove need to be updated.
    You may not get the look & feel you're gonna expect. What we can do is crank up textures to higher resolutions and also update poly counts on models, but it will show a bit more of NC's outdated engine as for now. Since we have close to no realtime graphics in terms of AO, HBAO, Reflections or Dynamic lights, the environment don't change it's atmosphere alot. As you have to paint and fake a lot of things into the textures, updated props get somewhat of a unlit cartoony feel.

Even we have high-res textures for some levels in place, the BSP compiler show it's age and have a hard time to even deal with 1024 textures. There is also no state of the art radiosity calculation (lightmapping) for it. What also get a serious thing is the workload to replace level textures. After 20minutes of creating a new tile, you have to touch "every single face" of a level (1 brush = 6 faces, with a sewer having around 1k brushes) to set and rescale the new texture.

Updating even parts of the engine core is a serious development challenge, you also need to alter and update all the tools to create the content too.
    Last edited by Xortag; 21-04-15 at 22:31. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Xortag View Post
    Updating even parts of the engine core is a serious development challenge, you also need to alter and update all the tools to create the content too.
    I don't know what engine you're using now or how the game is set up on the back end but if that's the case then it almost sounds like it'd be easier to just start from scratch with a new game engine like Unity. You already have all the assets and scripts. Yeah, it's a big undertaking but if you consider opening up the code to some volunteers then it can be manageable. Heck, go teach a class on game design and have your students do all the work.

On the topic of money - if there is a minimum monthly budget that needs to be hit in order to keep the servers running properly then you should post that and ask for donations. I wouldn't mind chipping in if it meant I didn't get disconnected every 3 minutes of game time.

Quote Originally Posted by CallDrDaley View Post

On the topic of money - if there is a minimum monthly budget that needs to be hit in order to keep the servers running properly then you should post that and ask for donations. I wouldn't mind chipping in if it meant I didn't get disconnected every 3 minutes of game time.
    Maybe donate already? =D http://www.neocron-game.com/help-neocron-donate

As for character models you could set up a cash shop and outsource the model design. Saves you guys spending time on the models and frees up time coding things. Some of the neocron models were done by a third party after all: http://intulo.net/GameArt.html

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by wintah View Post
    Well dudes,
    a few thoughts:

Another "new" server..? Are you insane?
    Eventhough I dont currently play, I would NEVER play again, if I had to start over yet again.. And A LOT of people feel the same way.
    A lot of us still hope that something will happen... Balancing Im looking at you (implants and armor).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-demon View Post
    What's with the synch errors if they are running one of the nicest options from the company? I can deal with the other BS but this error makes me rage quit so hard.

until there is a perspective for a real investment to fund serious sustainable development, it's all about humping a dead cow.
    so long both parties have fun with it, thats fine I guess.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    until there is a perspective for a real investment to fund serious sustainable development, it's all about humping a dead cow.
    so long both parties have fun with it, thats fine I guess.
    I wouldnt invest at this point.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

in its current state it would not make a big enough impact imo, I am not trying to put the game or its devs down, actually this game just needs modernising, there is so much stuff which is not needed or enjoyable, like why do we need tech combat to fire a freaking gun??? who writes this stuff...

of course the armour and resist system they have now is totally broken, overly complex and leads to even more unimaginatively cookie cutter shitty setups, not having each part of armour add to total resist across the board means that we are serverly limited in what is actually viable for pvp or pve.

Neocron isn't the sandbox i use to know...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast