Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    PEs and Hybrids are not 'pure' classes. They draw too much from other areas that they are not the base-line classes, but the exceptions and harder to compensate for.
    I completely agree with the PEs not being pure. The jack of all trades class. Almost tank-like armor, decently high INT & CON, access to defensive PSI spells, etc. Ie: I currently have a PE that can resurrect, use blessed protector & deflector, & PSI shield, but can only use up to TL 97 weapons (with a drug going). As it stands PEs are pretty balanced. They just need the plasma pistols, fusion pistols, assault rifles, and shotguns to be fixed. (Terminator used to do ALOT of force when force-modded. Now in 2.2 it doesnt, even though armor was changed so there's less in each part of the body, & PRC was divided so resist force is a completely seperate resist now. Yet, the termi...and pain easer does less dmg than it used to somehow.

HYBRIDS on the other hand, are barely even useful in PvE. I used to be a main hybrid in 2.1. I dont get why they were nerfed further from what they used to be. O.o:
    #1: Implants were changed so hybrid setups were near impossible, AND this also screwed main ppu & apu classes. Ie: level 3 chip that used to give +15 apu or ppu & a negative of ~7 to apu or ppu, NOW only gives +10, & a negative of 8 to apu or ppu. And the RARE PSI implants? lol giving a bonus of 7.69??? every other class gets 15. and a negative of 6.5 on the rare psi imps???....you see what I'm getting at with this.
    #2: Greatly increasing the negative to damage % on spells from having points in the opposite combat COMBINED with point #1, completely screwed over hybrids.

If the negative is lowered, and the PSI implants are brought back to be equal to rifle/pistol implants, how they used to be, hybrids would be a possibility, and PURE apus & ppus would be alot easier. Also, this wouldnt make them OP in any way. Still killable by anyone 1v1, and would basically be a PSI version of a Private Eye at OP wars. (No ability to antibuff or antiheal, and PE-equivalent dmg) I can link my 2.1 Hybrid PvP video showing how evenly matched I was vs 1 PE if needed....

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Now in the practical game, a self-buffed HC PE and tank's resist are very similar, so the HC pe will do dramatically low damage compared to the tank.
    That's where a blessed damageboost comes into play. I tested on TITAN during these tests, and my LIB did 147 instead of 122 after applying a blessed damageboost. Also the PE can stealth. ALSO, if you're going to compare a class, compare it to all classes and not just one.
    Last edited by Sevendust; 16-04-14 at 01:55.