Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
The company you refer to is Nukklear and from what I have seen they have not ported NC2 but were trying to find an investor who would provide the funds required to do the actual port. Importing a single bsp map with textures is pretty far from porting an entire game.
[snip]...
Thanks for the clarification.

I do remember one of the devs stating that it was cool playing NC in a browser at 60fps. I'm guessing they were refering to some kind of tech demo they had done.

Also following on from Zoltan's point, I understand that it's a very fine line you have to tread to keep the current user base catered for while progressing the game. Tbh, the directx 9 thing should not have been the issue it was for users. Directx 9.0c was released in August 2004. At some point, progress had to be made and certain legacy 'features' removed. This is what you did.

It's a bit unrealistic I think of the community to expect a game that is still being developed in 2014 to expect it to be compatible with hardware that doesn't support an API released in 2004 (almost 10years now).

I know you guys are doing whatever you can to progress the game and hopefully in the future get new players into the game.
If the opportunity to update the game engine to a newer one was possible, then I'd like to hope it would atleast be considered (obviously the sheer time/man hours involved would come into any such consideration at that point as well).
Anyhow, as always keep up the good work guys and it's great to see your comments in these threads.